Reviews for The Enemy of My Friend
otakubabes chapter 6 . 2/18
Its called a mobile phone, not a cell phone, I wouldn't mention it but you went about getting fries and chips right, I thought you were making them talk British English,
Aeon Rune chapter 10 . 2/9
What a fun read! I enjoyed it a lot.
Aeon Rune chapter 2 . 2/9
Well, speak of the devil-er, Doctor-and he shall appear. Great start to the story, by the way. I love how they encountered the Dalek first
Xanadu-King chapter 10 . 7/5/2013
It took me a grand total of one hour to read this entire story. I must say it is very impressive. I enjoyed the involvement of the Voyager Crew in the Time War. However I was under the impression that the Final Plan created a bubble universe within our own universe that consumed all ships except the Doctor's because he escaped through the Time 'Worm' Hole that was created by the explosive release of the energy. Is that not the case?
Tron45 chapter 10 . 2/19/2013
So good! Loved the story. Only thing I would have liked to see would be references to the Ultimate Sanction and Rassilon and all the other circumstances surrounding Gallifrey's demise. Other than that, great story!
JediKittehz chapter 10 . 8/5/2012
this was a great story :3 thank you very much
mark3232 chapter 9 . 3/24/2012
Come to think of it, Daleks don't say things like looks like this will be easier then I thought either.
Timemidae chapter 10 . 3/23/2012
Great story! I liked your approach at the beginning; making the Dalek sympathetic at first was really interesting.

Poor dead security guards though, nobody seems to care about them very much
mark3232 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
This is intended to prove how easily the crew of Voyager deals with the world of Doctor Who, and for that matter the Doctor himself, by putting him in the brig, even though he's gotten out of far worse places. Mostly it does so by turning Doctor Who stuff into Star Trek stuff, like claiming that the Time War was fought with starships.
BundleofContradictions chapter 10 . 11/17/2011
That was a great story. I just read the whole thing, but I know that what took me mere hours to read took months of time and effort on your part, so thanks for working it through!

Points:

1. I love how uncomplicated the actual crossover is. There was no need for grandiose explanations regarding how the TARDIS could end up in an "alternate universe" of Star Trek. Rose and Ten simply found themselves in a new interesting environment that they never intended to go to, as they tend to do. Starfleet is just another part of Humanity's future that the Doctor is aware of. It all came together really well.

2. You have a gift for writing technobabble in a clear and understandable way. It's been a while since I've seen Star Trek (and Voyager was a favorite of mine way back when), but I don't think I've ever understood how the warp core works before I read this fic. Well, I still don't, but your explanation seemed to make sense! :P

3. The characters behaved logically in character. I'm new to the Doctor Who-verse, but one thing I learned is that *every time he encounteres a Dalek, the Doctor goes hysterical*. Therefore, having the Voyager crew take in the injured Dalek first and then see how The Doctor's reaction to it affirmed what the Dalek had said about him made a lot of sense.

4. Plot Twists! When I started reading, I wasn't sure why this would take 10 chapters, but you paced it well and twisted things around- the Dalek taking Engineering hostage, forcing Voyager through a time journey right before Seven killed him, the Voyager ending up near Gallifrey at the end of the Time War! Well done! I liked how Voyager played a part in protecting the Doctor's TARDIS during the crucial moment at the end of the war, and I liked what the Time Lords did to end the war in your story. I believe that in canon, the reasons behind the Doctor's survival and Gallifrey's destruction were quite different, but the way you wrote it, the Time Lords sacrificed themselves for the good of the Universe, and who can argue with the merits of that?

5. You didn't do any AU-ing in this fic, to Voyager at least. I have to say that I was a bit dissapointed with this; considering how Voyager's return home was ultimately caused by an epic mess of time traveling anyway (IIRC), the Doctor could've just taken them home, but I respect your decision not to change major aspects of the plot for either series.

6. I think the character's should have interacted more. I would love to read conversations between the Doctor and Voyager crew members, especially Tuvok and Seven of Nine. I was hoping the mind meld scene would show the characters really connecting (pun intended), but it was cut short, and the Doctor didn't really get a chance to learn more about Vulcans or the Borg.

7. Talking about the Borg, I still think they're the creepiest high tech sci-fi villain. The Cybermen just seem like a poor man's Borg to me right now (and yes, I know that Cybermen in Doctor Who precede the Borg in Star Trek by a few decades). When I think of sci-fi villain catch phrases "You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!" Is pretty much #1 on my list. This doesn't really have to do with my review, I was just wondering what your opinion on the Borg vs. Iconic DW vilians like Daleks and Cybermen are. :D I'd love seeing the Doctor trying to beat the Borg, and maybe match wits/argue with an infuriatingly logical Vulcan along the way!

8. The best thing about this story was that it was complete, which is a rare thing in multichapter fanfics! I know you wrote this years ago, but I'd love a review reply anyway! Thanks for the story!
mark3232 chapter 10 . 10/22/2011
Russell T. Davies once described The Time War as a disgusting, horrific temporal hell. It wasn't a Star Trek space battle.
Tyranifex chapter 8 . 6/12/2011
I have one problem in this chapter, the Time-War era Dalek ships are far more advanced that any level of federation ship seen yet. I mean they have weapons that can both crack planets open like an egg, and that can age planets to death very quickly. I know I seem like I'm nerd raging, and I am, but I hate it when people under power the Daleks.

Please don't take this as too much of a flame. and I am enjoying the story so far, I will give a full review at the end.
Chris1701ab chapter 10 . 3/12/2011
I loved the story. please make more Doctor Who and Star trek crossover
noodle-monster chapter 6 . 12/9/2010
hm, pretty ridiculous to think tuvok or any vulcan could even possibly be able to mind meld with the doctor and not either drop dead immediately or go mad. their brains are just that inferior. the doc sees all that was, is, and could be. maddening to any other race.
NightWatcher666 chapter 10 . 10/22/2010