Reviews for Prodigy
Azzara chapter 11 . 12/5/2009

It was like a braeth of fresh air!

Everything was explained, Harry is clever, Harry isn't dark... YESSEE!

I will sit here mourning till you update, untill then,

farewell, my friend...*wipes away tear*
loretta537 chapter 11 . 12/1/2009
this is a great story, i cant wait to see what happens next. will albus get a muggleborn or halfblood to teach muggle studies now
Julia chapter 11 . 11/30/2009
This story is wonderful and I can't wait for you to update so I can read more, I especially loved this chapter, lol what a way to get back at Voldemort!
Zer0JMB chapter 11 . 11/14/2009
Excellent I really liked it.

I hope that you can continue

EllaAngel chapter 11 . 11/13/2009
This is amazing! I love your story, it is so cool! I like your hating on HP/HG, it is really funny what you write. Please update soon, I can't wait to read more!

R chapter 11 . 11/3/2009
The story I like.

The author's notes I don't.

Before you ignore me, condemn my soul to an abyss or whatnot, allow me to explain that.

As much as flaming an author for having the "wrong" characterisations isn't nice, asserting that what you are writing is the "only" valid ones in response is about as bad.

While H/G is the *canon* pairing, it can't be called the *correct* choice when doing fanfic, especially starting before around year 6 since before then there aren't really any decisive points toward any main relationships. I've seen H/G stories that I couldn't stand past the first chapter, I've read H/Pansy work so well I went to bed at 5am after reading the entire thing in one sitting. (Having said that H/Draco, H/Snape or H/Volde are just plain wrong.)

Is Ginny unsuited for Harry? Of course not, but at age 10 neither is she destined for him. If you don't want to read other options, no-one is making you; but please don't insult everyone reading this that does like reading more than one 'ship'.

Hermione *does* love Harry, that much is obvious from the books; as good friends or as a lover? That's up to the author of the particular story, especially when starting to go AU early in the series. They aren't siblings; in canon they're both single children who probably wouldn't recognise a brother/sister unless it landed in their lap and started squealing, pulling faces and grabbing their hair. You are allowed to have friends of the opposite gender that you don't want to date, you don't have to pretend they're part of your family to make that acceptable.

Sorry, got into a bit of a rant there, the "you're like a sister to me" excuse is getting as cliched as soul bonds.

Just on a parting note on the characterisation point, of course Ron is a prat, he's a preteen/teenage boy, being an unthinking prat one minute and regretting it the next then taking far too long to work out how to apologise comes with the territory.

Back to the story though. Insanely AU but somehow managing to splice canon events in to give a nice contrast with how things turn out with the different setting.

For specifics; well, it's always nice to see a prophecy that doesn't have the first line repeated at the end, odd thing to have first maybe, but I've read just enough stories with that style of prophecy to find it annoying now.

Believable nice Snape? Check. Sirius that behaves at least close to his age? Check. Dumbledore that reads like he deserves all those titles? Seriously, I love how this character is going; noticing something is wrong with Quirrel almost before he returns to school, dealing with Pettigrew so decisively, and the whole 'child in danger, who put this table here? *bang*' I love it.

That Harry manages to learn wandless magic primarily due to not realising he doesn't actually have a wand is brilliant.

Unfortunately as in most long stories, there are a couple of continuity problems, such as in chapter 2 Harry finds a (moving) picture of "a woman with dark red hair and bright green eyes" and notes that he has his mother's eyes, then in chapter 9 is pleased to hear Remus say that he's got his mother's eyes when he didn't know that before since all the photos in the house were black and white...

All in all, nice premise, well developed; but you need to spend less time and effort trying to bludgeon people with the shipping, if the author name isn't enough of a hint to someone that you're writing that set of ships, it's not worth trying to explain further; especially when the story is still 2-3 years away from such things even occuring to the characters involved.

Chuck chapter 11 . 10/24/2009
Most excellent!
Cassandra30 chapter 8 . 10/24/2009
Really good story!
Cassandra30 chapter 7 . 10/24/2009
Totally terrific! I like the nice Severus! I also like Harry introducing himself to Neville.
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 10/24/2009
Truly great story! I suspect harry will have to go buy a wand later anyway. lol
Cassandra30 chapter 5 . 10/24/2009
Where is Remus? Have Remus and Sirius made up?
Cassandra30 chapter 4 . 10/24/2009
Totally sweet! Harry needs to write to those men.
791 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »