Reviews for Prodigy
V. L. Crawford chapter 5 . 6/14/2012
I hate that Sirius and Harry didn't get those four years together. That was mean on your part. You have given me such hope and then took it away. I could cry.
V. L. Crawford chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Awe come on. I want Sirius and Harry together.
V. L. Crawford chapter 3 . 6/14/2012
Great chapter. I'm glad the rat is caught. I hope Sirius is freed soon.
V. L. Crawford chapter 2 . 6/14/2012
This is great so far, but I was hoping Sirius would be freed by now.
Soki711 chapter 8 . 3/24/2012
This story is too syrupy. God does Harry walk on water? Then you also give Ginny special powers and Snape forgets his prejudices. Dumbledore is forgiven for putting Harry with the Dursleys and never checking up on him ever. Also why Ginny, Hermione would have been a greater match for him.
MayonakaNoArashi chapter 11 . 12/26/2011
This is a really good story!(though i must admit, i detest Ginny/Harry pairings) Regardless of my personal feelings on character pairings, this is truly one of the best stories I've read in a very long time.

Keep writing:D
Jamr chapter 12 . 10/16/2011
you suck
Jamr chapter 9 . 10/16/2011
Every once in awhile you find a story thats a real gem, this is one. And if I get to the end and find its not complete Ill throw a fit heard round the world.
ashes9492 chapter 12 . 9/6/2011
That was awesome can't wait til you write more!
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Wow, I red your bio a moment ago and wow, you really like to rant about non-canon shipping don't you lol! Chill! Its all AU! (Just because it wasn't in JK's books doesn't mean it can't be in anyone else's, we have to be original now or we'll be committing copyright offences lol!). Well I'll agree that slash seems gross with most characters, but I like fem-slash lol! Plus I like fem-Harry as long as 'she's' gay, and in most cases with Ginny. I also hate the most. The grossest, and most unrealistic (wouldn't ever work out in the real world - they would end up getting a divorce), Hermione and Ron. The bookworm and the fool. Opposites do not attract, (especially in their case). Well sorry I couldn't help but give you my opinion while reading this fic. But I am a big Harry/Ginny fan.

Well on to telling you what I think of this story...

It was awesome until you started adding in the adults who think they're capable of helping Harry. It already seems quite clear before these last couple of chapters that Harry is smarter than all of them. (The 5th dimension stuff proves that). The way I see it is they'll just hold him back with all of the 'rules' of magic, 'rules' he could be breaking and disproving. If he had been raised in a magical family he would have created nothing. All he would be is the next Dumbledore rather than something special and unique. Its ruined my enjoyment of it. Plus I was kind of hoping Harry would NOT be friends with Ron as Ron will just get jealous and hold him back.
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
Firstly, I get ship haters too, and they can be annoying.

Second, you are mixing up small words that can make things not sound right, the most notable 'IN, ON, AT' you're saying something like "Sitting on the great hall" (which makes it sound like they're on the roof) when it should be "sitting 'IN' the great hall." Just thought I would say. If it was happening only a few times I wouldn't care and just pass it off as accidents, but it happens a lot. Also a few sentences here and there throughout haven't been continued because of run off's that have sent you away from topic. Not that it takes much away from the story.

And last, when you finish a chapter don't just shove authors notes in there without some kind of divide so we don't carry on reading thinking 'What the...' lol! Plenty of authors have done it without thinking.
Soki711 chapter 10 . 8/6/2011
This story is great but boring as there is no bad guys. Everybody is sweet and cuddly. God even jealous Ron is normal and hermione a sweetie pie!
The-Resident chapter 12 . 8/4/2011
I appreciate you taking up the re-write of Prodigy. As far as this chapter goes, it should have been the FIRST chapter and not come in the middle of the story. As far as the pairing goes, it doesn't really matter to me. What matters is how well-written the story is. I have read stories with Harry paired with just about every girl in and out of Hogwarts. Some are good, some are not. You're the author and I am not going to tell you who should be paired with who. All I care about is how well the story is developed and presented. Grammar, spelling, etc. also count heavily. I don't have the time to correct the spelling/grammar in every story I read. I'm too old to waste my time on things like that. I'll correct minor things so that I can better enjoy a story when I re-read it (and I do have favorites that I like to re-read now and then). Keep up the good work and I do hope you will be able to update soon and often.
droga1 chapter 12 . 7/27/2011
Can't wait for the updates of your revise version. please update as much and as soon as possible
Feuer der Nacht chapter 11 . 7/6/2011
Okay... well. It's a nifty idea. Some of the things in here were kinda cool (like the magic computer and the potions theory). But, some things really grated on me too.

First the good.

For some reason, I enjoyed the story the most when it was going through Harry's journal entries. It seemed to give him the best characterization and the vocabulary was appropriate for his age(s). The other parts such as his exploration of the house in his childlike wonderment were great too, but I think I prefered the notes. To sum up, the beginning was really enjoyable if a bit slow.

Okay, now for the parts that were less enjoyable.

As you continued on, the story seemed to focus more on "ZOMG Harry's a Super Genius!1!" rather than anything really progressive in terms of plot. Sure, his selling of the MagMachine to the Goblins was alright, but after that it was just an endless re-explaination after re-explaination of what was already known to the reader. That was tedious, boring, and a real turn off to the story.

Some things that I'm not entirely adverse to but will advise on anyways.

Okay, first of all, things like a child reading a book geared towards a higher age is not entirely unheard of. I myself had a high vocabulary as a seven year old, so I know it's possible.

However, one complaint is that most children that age are unfamiliar with note taking and don't really know what their doing at that point.

On the same subject he probably wouldn't be able to fully grasp the subject matter -which I know you stated, but it's hard to tell on narrative alone- so it would be a bit more believable if over the years he would reread things to solidify his understanding of the concepts. A child's brain cannot dissect information as well as an adults or even a child even just a year older.

On the subject of your intended pairing.

First of all, I am not going to complain that you're a Ginny fan. That's fine. The thing that seems to be bugging me is the way you're trying to bring them together seems more like just using authorly intervention to pair up your favorite characters.

On the subject of authorly intervention: I could care less so long as it's well written and makes some sense. But personally middle school drama relationships are only of an interest to middleschoolers and it's unrealistic to create honest-to-god true love at such a young age.

Hope This is helpful and not too critical. I have a habit of being overly critical at times.

On to read the Rewrite!

P.S.: If you'd like to respond, P.M. me. My screen name is the same as the anon name. That is, Feuer der Nacht.
786 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »