Reviews for Side by Side
Guest chapter 14 . 4/22/2021
Guest chapter 14 . 4/22/2021
This is a pretty good story & while I know you said abandoned I hope you will change your mind about it and continue it
nihongogakusei chapter 14 . 7/6/2020
You've done some good writing. It's a pity you've decided to stop.
Final-Fan chapter 10 . 6/11/2019
This story is very well done in most respects, but the letter Ranma wrote always bothered me, largely because 1) the self-deception of "it doesn't count as telling if I hand deliver it in written form" was so incredibly transparent and vacuous that it breaks suspension of disbelief for me—I was going to use the word "specious" but that would give false credit; and 2) it wasn't necessary to the story because a much less insane bit of rules lawyering could serve the same purpose in a far superior way while, I think, being perfectly within Ranma's capabilities.

Consider: Ranma has promised not to reveal Ryoga's curse to anyone. But does this technically forbid him from telling someone "P-chan has been to Jusenkyo"? Not only does he not directly reveal that P-chan is Ryoga, he doesn't even directly reveal that P-chan is the cursed form! Technically, he doesn't explicitly even say that P-chan has a curse. Now, obviously, this is almost certainly going to lead in short order to Ryoga's secret being revealed, but it's a much more reasonable technicality to hang your hat on than "written communication doesn't count as telling". And none of the above stops Ranma from giving the warning via letter, because it's the easiest way to distance himself from the explosion.

Anyway, I know it doesn't matter much when the story is abandoned anyway, and I don't want to leave the impression that I didn't like the story in general. I just noticed that I apparently didn't say this back when I first read it and wanted to correct the oversight.
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 14 . 5/3/2018
Great story. I hope you update again.
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 6 . 4/29/2018
Great story. Found a minor gaffe near the end of chapter six, you referred to Ranma as "the pigtailed martial artist," despite giving him a pony tail in this story. Hoping to catch up quickly. Keep it up.
Kitten Arina chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
This was slightly interesting but I have a problem with the recap as you expect us to have read your other story and it was not listed in your recap a recap is a brief retelling of your story so naturally most site that story for the reader to recall to understand the recapping. So you really should have done that if you were truly giving us a recap. Especially sense this is the first time that I can recall ever coming across this story.
kirbyfan1996 chapter 14 . 3/11/2016
Really well written and interesting series. Hope you get to return to it someday.
Balthanon chapter 14 . 12/8/2015
Interesting twist to Ranma's curse that I haven't seen in the past. Overall, this was a good read. Hope your health issues get more manageable and you get a chance to go back to writing some day.
1393949 chapter 14 . 8/19/2015
I hope you are doing fine. Just let us know, give us some news either here or on your website! It has been so long since the last time you updated your status, so we are all worried!
smashman42 chapter 14 . 2/11/2015
Fantastic story, this and the prequel. I'm pretty certain it surpasses "Sendai" to become my second favourite of your stories, though I'm unsure how it compares to my current favourite, "The Silent Horse", seeing as this story is incomplete.

Like many other reviewers, I'm intrigued about the gold strand in their red string. Does it represent the extra psychic connection they still hold even after Akane recovered that is evident in their dreams and their Neko-Ken states, even though they themselves seem unaware of it or at least unsure if it is real?

I shall refrain from petulant 'Update now!' demands as whilst I would dearly love an update, having health problems myself I totally understand how hard it can be. I must admit I'm a little worried you may have passed away, given the nature of the condition and the time since any updates on your stories, profile, website, and livejournal... I sincerely hope not.
xThomas2 chapter 14 . 12/18/2014
not terrible. It's actually competent writing. Although it's kind of weird, ranma is weird in general
Pendagar chapter 14 . 12/11/2014
Are you still around? As far as I know, you were last active about two years ago. I'm enjoying this story immensely, and I hope you continue it.

-Pendagar
Natallie chapter 14 . 10/10/2014
Damn it! I knew I didn't have to start reading something that's not finished and whose last update was 4 years ago :'(
I LOVE this story, the relationship between Akane and Ranma is wonderful 3
Want moreee!
Please :(
Fumblepaws chapter 14 . 5/7/2014
I hope you are feeling better and get back to writing soon! I really like your stories.