Reviews for The Dust of Ages
clumsylilpixie chapter 15 . 2/22
This is the best story I have ever read of this pair in this fandom. And even though I stayed up late to finish it (because for the life of me, I couldn't stop reading) I simply HAD to leave a review for the author (kudos on your penname btw, is quite unique) and convey my gratitude for writing this truly beautiful piece and share it with us. No doubt this is the most well-written fic I have read of this pair. And the only one I have ever liked.

The characters are so perfectly portrayed and any inconsistency is kept at the minimum, something that is so uncommon in this particular fandom, I loved how you managed to write this in such a way that this style of writing seemed to be so effortless( which I know it's not) and still maintain the story entertaining and enjoyable for the reader. Truly, an beautiful, poignant, and romantic story, that I shall keep in my heart,from now on.

This is a difficult and controversial shipping ( I personally blame it on the actor and actress for their enormous chemistry on screen) which could be and often is very difficult for the writer to write them in a way that is not unappealing for the reader, really, most of the stories I've read are solely focus on the physical attraction aspect and it kinda makes the feel the shippers somewhat, dirty and guilty for even daring to think there is something romantic about this pair, almost as if the characters are driven purely by lust and there is no real, deep connection between them. And you not only managed to avoid that but to kinda remind the reader why they are such an interesting and cute ship, and you do it so simply and in such a fantastic unassuming way.
And what more can I say? I loved it, that's fall.
AJ Granger chapter 15 . 2/3
I like it. I was a little worried when Claire referred to the visitor as an old man early in the piece, but I get it that 31 seems old to a teenager. I'm a little curious how this works out going forward, but it's a nice happy beginning Claire/Peter fic. You write well, and the story moves along well, too.
SoundScream chapter 15 . 9/12/2016
i SWEAR this is the best thing ever!
shnickers chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Nice cliffhanger! I suppose I'm lucky that this story is completed and I don't have to wait for updates. :P

That episode where Claire and Nathan were hanging out in Mexico kind of cemented the fact that they probably won't ever really have a true father-daughter relationship, but be more like friends or uncle-niece. (Ironic.) So I'm glad to see you're taking that route.
j1878w chapter 15 . 3/10/2012
I love this story. It's the best Peter/Claire fic that I've read. I was just re-reading it for the third time, and I wanted to tell you that you have a lot of talent as a writer. Keep up the good work.
loganator chapter 15 . 5/30/2011
LOL the last chapter made me really emotional. I love your writing style, stuff like this would normally confuse me but you wrote it perfectly :)
User25214 chapter 15 . 5/7/2011
Usually when someone attemps to write a story like this, it gets terribly confusing and messy, however you managed to write it in a very artistic and simple way, which was awesome as I didn't have to stop and think about what was going on every ten seconds :P.

You're a great writer and although this is only the second Paire fic of yours that i've read, I LOVE your work.

Kudos.
Munku-JGSPTV chapter 15 . 3/16/2010
Wow! What a fantastic story! So thorough in everything! Absolutely wonderful _ I really enjoyed staying up late to read it. There were a couple of times that there were typos where there should have been italics (half word ) but otherwise I wouldn't change anything!
CurlyPoof chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
i remember reading this fic a WHILE back & was looking for it again. it's so well written and an interesting twist to the cannon. love it... i'm def favoring this one!
Twylyte chapter 15 . 6/27/2009
Wow...

That's a great story...

And excellent use of time travel there, very, very good.

I really did enjoy this story very much, and would so like to see how THE Peter deals with all the $#!7 coming his way. It would be epic.

Good work!
MelMaggio chapter 15 . 2/24/2009
made me smile all the way (: definetly unique
Commen Sense chapter 15 . 12/10/2008
this was such an amazing story and when you think about it, Claires actions in season one fit PERFECTLY with your story ESPECIALLY the "secretive little smile" I LOVE Peter and Claire and i LOVE this storY! great job with it )
shnickers chapter 15 . 10/14/2008
This was such a beautiful story, and one of the best Heroes Paire ones I've read in a long while. I really loved how you worked in the butterfly effect and the uniqueness of the Paire relationship. I also liked that it was a bit of a mystery-type thing; perhaps not who the father was, but how it came to be. I completely forgot about the whole time/space travel thing.

The fact that there are a million different people if you believe that space is a continuum is so well-used in this story, and I loved the ending line about how Peter was just Peter, not "Past Peter, Right Now Peter or Future Peter." I also did like that you did it from a canon perspective, since obviously one of the draws about Paire is that it's nontraditional, forbidden love. At least for me.

Thank you for so eloquently capturing the chemistry of Peter and Claire from onscreen to in your writing. I enjoyed the story very much and hope to see more from you!
faithfulwriter chapter 15 . 7/30/2008
Great story! I really loved it! I was confused a little bit but it all got cleared up.
Winter Sapphire chapter 15 . 7/26/2008
Wow, this story was amazing! Poignant and well-written, heartbreaking yet heartwarming... I loved it, I really, really loved it.

I wish I could think of something else to say, but I'm afraid I'm pretty much speechless. :)

- WS