Reviews for Punishment for Laughter
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Hi there, leradny! Gunlord from the lil' Circle of Reviewyness here :D I couldin't find any real glaring grammatical or spelling errors in this fic, at least from a quick read. You did a very nice job! It was fun, Joshua was in character, and I liked how you used a couple of different languages in here, like French, I believe. Great work!
Lemurian-Girl chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
A short and sweet piece. Good style for something kind of light. The genre of humor/angst is difficult to pull off, but I think you managed pretty well. The last line is great. Replace the "..." with words. Ex: "he hesitated, she was silent for a moment, etc", and everything else is good. :)

~Lemurian-Girl~
Meelu the Bold chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
It's cute, I like it. Maybe cute isn't a good word for it? Well, I like it for the dialogue, because the speech is very natural sounding and while it's spare, the diction for the rest of the piece does its work. I especially the description of Marisa as 'wolf-like'.

The part that confused me is why Joshua was so hung-up about the song. This must be before he loses his mother, since after that everyone knows he's the Jehannan prince, but other than that I can't see why he would be contemplating mortality and death.
Kimisuzu chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
The summary is misleading, but the story is true to your style. It seems so innocent at first and ends rather chillingly. I liked how you incorporated those songs; it was done very well.