Reviews for Sleeping with Ghosts
Death-Muncher chapter 4 . 6/27/2011
Cool story. I liked it :)
Malianani chapter 4 . 9/5/2008
Hi Clare :) What can I say? I recently started reading your stories and I think you have a real gift developing complex and yet wholly realistic portrayals of some of my favorite HP characters. I started Without You, I'm Nothing, but I have to admit that after 20 chapters, I stopped reading-not because the story was poorly written, quite the contrary!-but because I just couldn't *stand* being teased about Remus/Sirius. Were they going to "express themselves" or not? (You are extremely good at setting up the tension, but my patience couldn't hold out for 101 chapters-LOL. I really wanted a resolution to the tension!) That brings me to this story, which I read for the first time today. It was exactly what I had been looking for in a Sirius/Remus slash. You develop the characters expertly. I enjoyed how you took the time to describe their character traits, rather than just "tell" us outright about who they are and how they think. For example, when Sirius notices how Remus keeps his shaving implements perfectly spaced in the bathroom, we get a good idea of the kind of person Remus is...the fastidiousness of his personality. I got the feeling, as the story went on, that while we learn about Sirius's need for control, we can also see that need reflected in Remus almost as strongly-but both expressing that need in different ways. I thought you portrayed the characters' vulnerabilities (both personal and in relation to each other) very well-especially using sex as an illustration and even a symbol of their exploration of those vulnerabilities; that exploration was what inevitably brought them to that new, stronger place in their relationship.

I enjoy how you keep the characters very believable even though they are in a relationship that is not cannon. I've read stories where Remus comes off as, well, very *feminine* and I don't see his character in that way at all. I enjoyed how he could be with Sirius in the way he was and still consider himself a "man," and I liked how you had him consider the whole gender/sexual orientation issue-that seemed very realistic to me.

If I have one constructive criticism regarding this story it is that you change tense a lot-sometimes moving from present to past tense in the same sentence. This distracted me somewhat from my reading, but a little editing would easily take care of that issue. As far as the "guts" of this story-the characterizations, the plot progression, the emotional intensity. . .it is really brilliant.
JulzPadfootMoony chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
After having read 'Patient Potions Master' and 'Without You, I'm Nothing', I was starting to think the tension would never be resolved! ) I loved all three of them!
SomethingBorrowed chapter 3 . 5/1/2008
Still gives me goosebumps! I'm trying to add this to the C2 Slash with Substance, as soon as I figure out how :(
allegro chapter 4 . 4/10/2008
woah, you almost drove me mad from all the pent-up tension! it took me 3 straight days to finish 'without you, i'm nothing', and i am pleased with how you were able to beautifully resolve all those years of electrifying tension.

A hundred plus chapters of pure anticipation all leading up to this oh-so hot piece of fanfiction. yes, definitely worth it.

Nothing can sink Remus/Sirius with authors like you around.

Thank you very much for your admirable dedication. I'll be looking forward to your future works.(:
balmorhea chapter 4 . 8/19/2007
I think you'd do quite well writing a Godric's Hollow fic. Either way, I shall keep an eye out for you.
EsScaper chapter 4 . 8/14/2007
Thanks for that very nice, happy ending! They get to be together...thank God! That is until that God-awful veil comes into play.

I thought that you handled their "morning after" scene beautifully. Of course Remus would be nervous and over analyzing, but Sirius got him through it. I thought that it was very realistic for you to have Remus consider that Sirius just wanted physical closeness with someone. It was sweet that they each wondered about whether the other had been with a man before. The fact that they hadn't seemed to ease the tension a lot. It made their relationship more than just a physical one. They wouldn't have been with another man if it wasn't each other. It is the emotional attachment that brought them together. I love that you had them both realize it.

Now I'm all happy and snuggly...thanks for that!

EsScaper chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
It makes me wish I hadn't given up smoking...a cigarette would be perfect right about now!

Very nice job giving us a long awaited loving moment. You gave it just the right amount of heat without turning it into smut. It must have been very hard to write, and you should be proud of the outcome. I thought it was perfect!

Excellent job! Thanks ever so much!

EsScaper chapter 2 . 8/14/2007
It doesn't matter anymore? Of course it matters! ...and yes I am mumbling with dissent! ...quite loudly, actually. Can you hear me?

You wrote a very tragic chapter here! It screams of what could have been, and yet wasn't. What they could have now, if they'd realize that ...no, it isn't too late, ...and YES it certainly does matter!

You twisted my heart strings with this one!

EsScaper chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
It certainlly took you long enough! Instead of chapter one, you should call it chapter ...what is it 102, or 103? A heck of a long time, that's what it is!

I think you did a great job expressing their emotions. Of course the fact that it has been building for so long...for us readers of the last story...makes the explosion more volatile.

It is sad that Sirius truly believes that Remus is the traitor. He has to be so very conflicted in his feelings! It makes his line "Because I hate you" just perfect. Of course he loves him, but he can't allow himself that luxury. It has to turn to hate for him to accept it.

Wonderful start!

empath89 chapter 4 . 7/28/2007
finally! it took me forever, but i got through the 102(?) chapters of 'without you, i'm nothing' and through this. it was great. i loved both...especially this...cuz sirius/remus is just the mostt amazing pairing ever. can't wait to read more of your stuff.

hugs...empath
rekahneko chapter 4 . 7/21/2007
Loved it!

Very well thought out progression of events, thoughts, and feelings.

(-:
mokubahv chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Wow...that was harsh. O.O

I don't really get what made Remus say "If you kiss me now, I'll never forgive you," though... ."

XD
mokubahv chapter 4 . 7/20/2007
This story was wonderful in every way, shape and form!

...something that's bugging me though...at the beginning of Without You, I'm Nothing, it seemed as though Remus was going to recall what James and Sirius argued about at the graduation ball...but it didn't. o.o

And I was just wondering if we're ever going to find out what it was, pretty much. _"
mokubahv chapter 3 . 7/20/2007