Reviews for The Open Door
mew chapter 2 . 10/17
this story is awesome!
the Zogg chapter 23 . 11/5/2019
Wow, ten years since this story ended. This story is one of my absolute Kingdom Hearts stories because it avoided all of the problems of taking Kingdom Hearts in a grittier direction as well as giving Sora actual character development by forcing him to interact with the problems he faced in a more nuanced manner beyond vague friendshipping powers.

In general, the character development Sora got in Silent Hill made me wonder how certain events would happen differently.

For example, I don't think Xehanort's D3 plan to corrupt Sora into darkness to possess him would work since he conquered and mastered his darkness in Silent Hill. He would also be far less...unresponsive to Xehanort's trolling given what happened the last time he aimlessly wandered around a place where something like that happened he was almost killed by Pyramid Heads.

There's also the divergence that Sora and Riku know who Xion is.

I do wonder what Silent Hill would want to do to Sora this time, he seemed to forget some of the lessons it taught him given he still tried to find Kairi alone, but at the same time it can't exploit his willful ignorance of things that conflict with his worldview anymore.

I also wonder how it will assault Riku since by this point he's forgiven himself and is at peace with his past and has come to terms with his mistakes. He's pretty much Silent Hill's worst enemy.

But at the same time, it looks like Silent Hill is adaptable. Now it's assaulting the KH crew not with the darkness they're familiar with, but an evil, insidious light.

I also noticed that Roxas, Xion, or Lea and the BBS cast weren't mentioned. This leads me to think back on how I interpreted the end of the Open Door. The way I saw it, Roxas was turned into a Pyramid Head and in order to survive and master the darkness Sora had to master himself, he had to conquer every last bit of himself or was once him and stand on top of everyone else with his own strength and as a side effect Roxas and Xion were completely reassimilated into Sora's ego and died for real.

Still, I do have to wonder why Riku decided to go alone without Mickey, Donald, and Goofy after what happened the last time.
Evinco chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
Sorareading the wall writing of the cult and the ancient gods* I knew it. It felt the sorrow of so many hearts.
Donaldsilence*
Sora: I must use the power of waking to talk to the god.
The issue I have with this story is a keyblader should feel the pain of the many people trapped in silent hill and face the true god behind the town.
kez-chan chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
Oh nice :D
I've been wanting to read something like this. A friend directed me to your fic and I'm glad she did so far. It's already promising to be very creepy.
BloodMutt chapter 22 . 5/19/2015
Not too bad I was expecting it to be extremely corny but it was actually very good
Guest chapter 22 . 2/20/2015
Cool!
ShadowMann chapter 2 . 12/6/2013
Hey, nice chapter.

Never expected the meeting between Sora, Donald, and Goofy with James Sunderland had to happen like that when James shot Goofy in the ear.
ShadowMann chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
Hey, nice job at starting this Kingdom Hearts and Silent Hill story.

I guess the insanity that Silent Hill has already started early than later and it seems that Sora is already affected by it's madness.

Anyway, you did a awesome start.

ShadowMann (Also known as TimistheMan)
Diiscombobulated chapter 22 . 6/21/2013
This is not fanfiction. This is liturature. XD i was in love with the whole every card was a world thing? Ahh! . i stayed up past twelve for a week every night because i would want to read one chapter...and would accidentally read five. When i got to ten, i finished it the next night, because as soon as i put it down to sleep, i HAD to keep reading! ;3 this puts new meaning to the term crossover, and i think its great. I hope when i get my sh/kh x-over up here, its just as. But im not sure i can trump this. XD lol. Anyway, wonderful story, and, am i the only one who read donald and goofys lines in their actual voices? XD
Vio14 chapter 3 . 6/16/2013
This is so good.
Ali-Kat chapter 22 . 6/10/2013
Whoa...just...whoa...

This story pummels my sh/kh x-over into the dust. Holy SHIT this was amazing! I mean, mine is more akuroku oriented but still...hohmagaaad...xD love it so much. It kept me up till 11 every night and i kept reading on my phone on the schoolbus just because i couldnt just WAIT to figure out what happens next! Actually i thought the cloaked guy was roxy until sora got the radio signal. Then i was completely lost. XD was Akiri an OC or based off someone? Howd she know all that stuff about Sora?
Tikigod784 chapter 22 . 3/19/2013
This was the most original KH story I've read, not for the crossover, but because of what you did with the crossover. Most stories will have Sora and company travel to a world and interfere with the plotline because the local villain is using heartless/organization resources. In the end, very little is changed within that world's story. Here, you tie it into Sora's own struggle and use it to portray his relationships with the other major characters from the KH franchise. The characters from the Silent Hill franchise only make brief appearances since this is a story about Sora, and Silent Hill is merely a tool to tell Sora's story. THAT is the reason this story works so well. Thanks for writing this!
Guest chapter 22 . 7/5/2012
When i first saw that this was a crossover of kingdom hearts and silent hill, i was very skeptical that it would be good. but i really have to say that this was possibly the best crossover i've ever read! the descriptions were amazing and i had to read the story start to finish in one sitting. great job!
Serendipital chapter 22 . 6/12/2012
This was amazing! Though, I felt like the 'Sora's mother' plot line could have been tied up a bit better.
Sencorw chapter 22 . 4/13/2012
This story.

IS FRACKING AMAZING.

I love how you blend all the elements of Kingdom Hearts/ Silent Hill into this wonderful, horrifying story. Your descriptions about the monsters, corpses, and the setting evoked sharp emotions and reactions out of me; everybody is in character; Goofy and Donald are actually important to the story instead of stuck in the background or killed off immediately.

The way you incorporated the horrors of Silent Hill as a manifestation of Sora's own fears and insecurities is brilliant.

Thank you for writing such a magnificent story. It really help pass the time while I was lying around sick. :)