Reviews for The Open Door
Inumaru12 chapter 22 . 5/31/2011
Wow, this is seriously awesome shit. :D I loved the angst, soo soo much. XD Wonderful job on this

Inumaru12
Riku's-Way-to-the-Dawn chapter 17 . 1/28/2011
"He watched as splashes and smears of dark blood on the walls and floor cracked and flaked off, vanishing into the air like embers of burning paper." Wow, I really like that image. Actually, I love that whole paragraph. Nice creepy dialogue. I'm starting to feel kinda sorry for pyramid heads in a twisted way. They do NOT wanna screw with dark!Sora. _

I also like the line about Sora becoming more comfortable with the horrific surroundings of Silent Hill. I felt the same way until I hit certain rooms like the one with the scary bathroom mirror or the creepy mannequin room in SH3. Then I was all," Mommy, I don't wanna play anymore!" lol You quickly learn to just leave the useless flashlight off. sigh

I have an odd request since it seems you don't have any other projects at the moment. Would you maybe think about doing Riku's side of the story? Or maybe a completely different SH crossover with Riku and Heather? They would be a funny couple lol. She would beat the hell out of him.;P I keep picturing him having to save Sora and Kairi in this world, especially since they're power comes more from the light and his from the darkness.
Riku's-Way-to-the-Dawn chapter 3 . 1/25/2011
I have to say I absolutely adore this fic. I love the contrast of the innocent themes of Kingdom Hearts to the macabre horror that is Silent Hill. Sora drawing with a crayon made me smile, because it's so easy to picture. The knife scene in this last chapter was great and so is your puzzle. (I haven't played all the games yet to know if you made it up or not so forgive me if you didn't.) I loved James's appearance, and the little hints to his ongoing adventure. Your descriptions of the monsters are great, love it.

I also love your take on goofy. You keep everything I adore about him and gave him a more mature outlook on top of his kind heart and it just makes me squee. I wish Square Enix would let Kingdom Hearts get a little bit more mature like the manga. It's definitely worth the read if you come across it because I believe Donald and some Final Fantasy characters (Sid *cough,cough*) actually do tend to curse like a sailor just as you have in here and it's priceless.

I can't wait to get the chance to keep reading this some more cuz I have the feeling the horror has only just begun.
Poke-the-Jello chapter 14 . 1/13/2011
NOOO! Goofy! ;_; Whyyy? He can't be dead though...right? Ah crap now I'm freaking out. Oh and I was hit with a wave of fridge brilliance realizing (albeit stupidly) that this is an interesting back story to Sora's heartless form (well other than the fact that Tetsuya Nomura himself said it was because of Sora's transformation into a shadow) but I still prefer this more. Then again this could be his heartless form acting up in response to the evil in Silent Hill. Its pretty heartbreaking to see our go lucky heroes broken and falling apart at the seams like this, but at the same time far too interesting to for me to stop...
Poke-the-Jello chapter 11 . 1/12/2011
Gah! Akiri! What a brutal ending...and poor Sora, manipulated and pulled in every direction, I guess he can only really trust Donald and Goofy now. Anyways, you sir and/or madam are a pro at portraying gore and setting the mood for truly grotesque and creepy scenes; I don't think I'll be able to look at trees the same way again. I'm wondering how she knew all those things about him though, which makes me wonder if she was even real to begin with; yet another creepy detail to contend with. Though at one point I was scared that Sora himself had hallucinated the whole thing and killed her herself-basically went Isaac Clarke on everyone. Though I'm glad he didn't, so now I can deal with amusement park; they honestly freak me out at night..
Poke-the-Jello chapter 9 . 1/12/2011
Yay Akiri! Lol Sora you naughty boy, staring at her disheveled form like that, what would Kairi say? Well, I'm glad she decided to go with them instead of suicide soloing like James, though I wonder if we're going to see any more of him...Man I can imagine those creepy crayon drawings now...I'm waiting for one that shows Sora decapitated or something equally eerie...And poor Donald and Goofy, this damn world is messing with their psyches! But it was sorta touching when he considered losing them forever once he returned home and the walls between the worlds would yet again make reaching eachother inaccessible.
Poke-the-Jello chapter 6 . 1/12/2011
Damn, crazy, heartless!Sora is badass enough to take on Pyramid head? I didn't think anything could match his skin rippin powers of destruction! So I'm guessing that Sora's father did something terrible or died in some horrific tragedy and Sora's mom raised him alone before he abandoned her. You hardly get a fic that delves into this pocket of maturity that was so casually tossed aside by the game (with good intent, as the game is supposed to be innocent and...well Disney). God the scene where they crawled past the nurses brought back some frightening memories of the game/movie, major knightmare fuel trying to rustle past them in blind darkness! But your fic has a well balanced amount of slapstick thrown in to ease the terror without diminishing it completely. Next chappie!
Poke-the-Jello chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
Max! Its rare he's ever mentioned in KH fics, I'll admit I'd forgotten about him as well, but its great seeing this other side to Goofy, his paternal instinct and patience. Very nicely done, making him out into more of a two dimensional character, and I probably can't say it enough but I love how you've fleshed him out and gone beyond the stereotypical clutzy idiot (though with AI like that you can't really blame people). Also its nice hearing some mention of Sora's mom. His parents are woefully ignored in this fandom.
Poke-the-Jello chapter 2 . 1/12/2011
D'aww, I felt sorta sad for James when they let him go, I mean finding another person must've been like seeing the sun for the first time in weeks! But I can see how it would tone down the scare factor to have a gun slinger in the group, one that to their knowledge is probably nuts. Oh and for once a not retarded!Goofy! For once he doesn't clunk around stupidly only to provide comic relief, he's as heartfelt as he is in the game. Donald is Donald, nuff said. Sora's as naively badass as ever, though I wonder how he of all people has the audacity to start lecturing about meddling lol.
Poke-the-Jello chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Holy Jessica Parker, this was one hell of a first chapter! I'd almost thought the possibility of a Kingdom Hearts and Silent Hill crossover impossible, but you were able to aptly capture the brutal essence and horror of the game (which, juxtaposed with KH's inherent fluff, only made the overall product more brutal having Sora experience death for the first time). I love their makeshift weapons, their more depressing attire and the merciless, realistic approach-though it wouldn't be Silent Hill otherwise.
Standing at Dawn chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Love this story so much!
etoile-de-saphir chapter 22 . 1/7/2011
Oh My Gosh... What a story ! It's was great !

Very well-written, perhaps a bit too much for me who's french but great anyway !

It's so rare to see good fictions with Sora, Donald & Goofy.. i love these three, i think they share a beautiful friendship :3

Really good job ;) hope you will do other fics like that !
Amethyst98 chapter 22 . 12/21/2010
WOW . This is one of the best Kingdom Hearts stories I have ever read! I am mostly speachless but... this was absolutly amazing! Your a very good writer and wrote this story very well, especially with all the Silent Hill stuff. I cannot wait to read more of your work!
13thprotector chapter 22 . 11/8/2010
I am a big fan of both Silent Hill and Kingdom Hearts, you have so far made the best KH SH cross-over I have read. I love how you incorporated 358/2days into the story and let Sora know something he would have never found out.
Alum Frost chapter 22 . 10/13/2010
Epic! I love both series of Kingdom Hearts and Silent Hill. I enjoyed the grotesque way you described every scene. I would love to see more, maybe from a different part or if you go to the past with Terra Aqua and Ven, but you're the writer, I'll just wait for the next one.
201 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »