Reviews for The Empire
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 2/20
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
lovingit chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Your writing is very descriptive, not over bearing, it's truly believable and very romantic. You have done very well.
Loves History chapter 9 . 1/4/2010
oh my word! i'm freaking out here, pls, pls i hope he doesn't die!ah...
Loves History chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
really enjoying the story so far!
vanilfrappe chapter 34 . 1/2/2010
Ah, darn! I was so hoping that this Vitus guy was in fact her husband, not really dead. But then, thats almost too simple an end, isn't it? Hmm, so this Vitus isn't going to be much help I can see. How are you going to turn this into a happy ending? Well, you've emailed your stories, so i shall go and see! Wonderful job on this story, very masterfully written so far!
G.A. Clive chapter 34 . 1/2/2010
As always, I am very happy to see another update. And am still very pleased with the story! Though I do have one correction to make. Races were not held at the coliseum but rather at the Circus Maximus.
vanilfrappe chapter 33 . 12/27/2009
Wow, you definitely have a talent for drawing out horror! I've been so rapt with fear for my favorite characters i haven't even been able to review until now!

Wow, talk about cliff hangers! I can't believe this story ends for now here of all places!She's in the coloseum? How are you going to rescue her from this?

I am so moved by your writing! This story is brilliantly written and executed. I can only pray that you will deliver a happy ending to your poor characters soon enough. Write soon, I will anxiously await the next update!
vanilfrappe chapter 29 . 12/27/2009
NO! NO,NO,NO,NO,NO! Vitus, or whoever he is (I have my suspicions, which I hope are totally correct!) can't be led astray! He needs to rescue Calliliana from her horrible fate! Because the poor girl deserves a break after all the horror that has befallen her! She's lost two children now, and is going to be raped every day of her life. I'm sorry, God had better give them a happy ending before long!
vanilfrappe chapter 19 . 12/27/2009
I can't imagine her wrath right now. I know i would be doing more then contemplate murder. I'd be preparing for it.

Well, it least one kind soldier walked her home. She needs someone with morals at a time like this.

God wants us to forgive. That sounds so hard right now. But can she do it for Leander?
vanilfrappe chapter 17 . 12/27/2009
Marcus had better not go back on his word after what he did to her! She complied! He'd better pay up!
vanilfrappe chapter 13 . 12/27/2009
AGH! She is bold. stupidly so, but bold. I agree Marcus is vile. But does she want to live to see her son? Marcus doesn't strike me as one who takes criticism well.
vanilfrappe chapter 11 . 12/27/2009
Oh, if I were a bulldog, I'd be growling and have Marcus Agrippa's tender parts between my massive teeth.

So, is Calliliana (I so mispelled that)going to save him in time? I hope so!
vanilfrappe chapter 9 . 12/27/2009
DAMN! I hate rude house guests. That Marcus Agrippa! If his goal was to make her free for him, his plan didn't work so well did it? She's bleeding for goodness sakes!

Oh, please, i hope the baby is okay! And Leander, he'll get out of this won't he? He's rich, has nfluence, and he's a citizen, surely there will be a trial and he can buy his way out?
vanilfrappe chapter 5 . 12/27/2009
Whoa, she's not worrying that he'll dissaprove of a girl baby, now is she? I shall read further and find out!
vanilfrappe chapter 4 . 12/27/2009
YAY! They're getting married!

I mean, it was such a difficult choice!, choosing between being a servant, leaving or...what was the third option?...getting married.

hm. I think Calliliana has just proved her intelligence on the matter.

I like him more now too. The shared experience of his time watching the arena games was enlightening.