Reviews for The First
Elsie chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
That was lovely and hilarious. Just the picker-upper I needed this evening. You have some truly great dialogue in it.

"Laura, you and I standing in the same room adds fuel to the gossip fires."

It's so true. It certainly adds fuel to the fanfic fires.
MEL chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
You make me love this couple even if and I did not think that was possible.
Lady Henrietta chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
This was so cute! The part about the suggestion was funny and the rumor mill is always interesting. Nice job :D.
carolann chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Very, very cute. Thanks for sharing.
caramelapples chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
I liked this very much. The thing about Bill and Laura's relationship is that it's neither a torrid affair or marriage. It's not even an affair at all! But the love is there, hidden underneath all the jokes and understanding and trust. It all ultimately builds up to love. Thank you for sharing this with us. Good job!
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Okay. This was just too much fun. Your friends should have birthdays more often. Like, say, once a week.

AS suggested, I went back and re-read Hera. I still love it. And, as crazy as it may sound to some, I still don't mind that you have Lee and Dee together. It works just fine for me. I grinned at Bill and Laura's conversation about gossip, and this was perfectly worded:

“Laura, you and I standing in the same room adds fuel to the gossip fires. Half my crew is probably currently occupied thinking up absurd reasons for my sudden trip over here.”

“You really should find them something better to do, Bill, these are the people protecting the fleet,” she smiled sweetly.

You did a great job with Bill's uncharacteristic elation, too, and this, for some reason, stuck me as wonderful:

“Lee and Dee are fine with it. I’ve already told them you would be honoured to be their child’s grandmother.”

Laura felt her eyebrows rise. “You just dropped it into conversation?”

Yeah, I can so see her consternation, and so see him doing it!

This, however, was brilliant. It totally brought out a different side of Adama:

"Laura’s eyes narrowed slightly and she pursed her lips. “I think that you enjoy being the subject of gossip, Admiral.”

His eyes twinkled again. “I find it entertaining,” he grinned."

I'd never thought about that, and the way you've written things, I can see him getting a kick out of hearing what people were saying.

As for the ending: you just keep right on eating chocolate, m'dear. It suits you. And me. I like where you have them: the caring and trust and love. It's good. Very good.

Thanks for sharing!