Reviews for Only the Beginning
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
This is an excellent little fic into what Odysseus might have been thinking during that point in the movie. Sean Bean is such a very expressive actor, don't you think?
Euterpe's Bard chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Oh...I want to go read the other one now! You did a very good job of capturing what I think Odysseus was thinking right then. I will read and review the other story as soon as possible.

-Euterpe's Bard
Whilom chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Tori, this was great! Sorry to be so late in reviewing it, I'm surprised it doesn't have more already. This was the best paragraph **I looked down on Patroclus again, and my heart wrenched at the sight. He was choking as he bled and gasped for air, his wide eyes looking wildly around for someone he knew. Achilles, perhaps? For a moment, I wanted to run from this nightmare and bring Achilles to the boy so he could see him one last time. But I knew that before I even reached the Myrmidon camp, the young cousin of Achilles would be dead.**

Very strong visually and just as Odysseus would have thought. Great work!

Whilom
HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Tori dearest!

I just got mine posted, too, so I think we're good! Yay, I'm so excited we pulled this off, and you're fic has my heart in SHREDS! It was so agonizing and painful - yet beautiful at the same time!

I loved it all, but here are the absolute favorite lines:

"The end for one man would only be the beginning for another." I still love this one - sums up our whole theme perfectly! It's brilliant!

"Yes, I feared for Hector. His demise began now." Very good, my long-lost twin! It's so filled with foreboding. Hector's not gonna come out of this alive. And I admired how you had him also realizing that it was too easy, so he was never really quite happy about it. He's "resigned himself to the inevitable," as you so well put it.

"For a moment, I wanted to run from this nightmare and bring Achilles to the boy so he could see him one last time." AH! I wanted to scream when I read this, so I'm screaming now! It's so heart-wrenching! I'd never thought of that before, but it's so true! If only they could've gotten Achilles there to say goodbye...Then Hector probably would've died a lot sooner, but it would be interesting! Hey, that could be an idea for another AU fic someday... Maybe.

And then the whole theme of "It was enough." Isn't that the truth. It really added something poignant - I loved it!

So yeah, all in all, it was fantastic! Favorites list for SURE! And I think mine'll compliment it well. Can't wait to hear from you, hon, and I'll tty soon!

Luv ya, awesome job!