Reviews for The Percy Papers
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
This was great. I love Percy, but he doesn't seem to get as much recognition as some of his brothers in fanfic. I think that you wrote him really well here, and I really liked your explanations for his actions in the books. I especially loved the last section.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Poor Percy.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
I enjoyed reading this story. Percy seemed to be in character and your explanation of his actions was believable. The style you wrote this piece in was effective; it added to the tense atmosphere. It'd be interesting to see your take on Percy's reconciliation with his family in the final book if you ever have time to write about it.
Dark Vorona chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
It is so nice to see a story about Percy. I think he's sadly neglected in the fan fiction world. It probably sounds strange for me to say that when I don't have any Percy stories here myself, but I do have one at a different archive, and I think about Percy a lot. He's one of the characters I tend to find most interesting, and another example of Rowling's tendency to equate likable with good, which really irritates me.

I don't usually like drabbles or really short vignettes, but these work well here.
draco-severus-mmm chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Nice work on this. It fits in well with the rest of the HP world quite nicely.

I think you have chosen some defining episodes in these two books. If you ever wanted to extend them, there were quite a few significant events in the first four books and of course DH that could give Percy a well-rounded critique of 55-word drabbles from start of the series to the end of it, but just a suggestion.

Thank you for pointing this out for me... :-)

~ Samantha.
AllegroAssai chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
That screams for a sequel, really. Because so much happened in the seventh book. I have never really been very fond of him, but this ff makes me rethink ;)

Do you think the family thinks 'It should have been you...?' after Fred died. I couldn't live with that thought I think.
wolfgirl413 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I liked this, it's nice to see Percy's point of view during all the events that happened.
Velvet Green chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Oh, these are good! I especially like 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9.
Potgenie chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
great story. :) no offense but you write perc-centric fics much better than you write snape-centric fics. i'm favourie-ting this. great job!
bennybear chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
Again, you show your ability to add soul to a character. (Percy's motivation isn't given much room in the books, and his change of mind at the end of DH comes completely out of the blue.) Describing his internal struggles (especially in #1, #3 and #6) you demonstrate that he isn't just an unfeeling prat.

The saddest little piece, however, is #9. Percy seems to be unable to see a situation from somebody else's point of view. The Minister hadn't understood? Sadly, it is Percy who doesn't understand. He doesn't realise that Scrimgeour's talk about reconciliation is nothing but a pretext. Scrimgeour wants a private conversation with Harry; he doesn't care in the least about Percy's feelings.
Bad Myrtle chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Oh, that was great. I love how it explains percy's motivation so well. The last one was a killer. Poor Percy...
Alex the Anachronistic chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Poor dear Percy.
The Unbreakable Snape Fan chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Oh I LOVE this. Percy is one of my favorite characters.
Animorphgirl chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Very well written. Definitely helps to understand Percy's perspective throughout the series.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Aww ... you convey so much emotion in such a short fic. I like it a lot. A great look at Percy's character.