Reviews for Twenty Years
Tamha chapter 3 . 9/17/2014
I have to agree with one of the other reviews that for the intents and purposes of this story, particularly the events of the first chapter and information in the second when contrasted to the ideas in the third, the thought that Lily loved James more than Severus is counter-intuitive. To me it feels more like she was in love with Severus and had to let him go to fulfill his destiny in Voldemort's downfall, and Potter loved and could provide for her and their soon-to-be-orphaned child, so she went with him pretty much to specifically have Harry. Heck, I might even suggest that one of the main reasons she chose Potter for father over Snape may have been more to protect his cover and verify exact timing.

Also, the idea that at least Alice, if not Frank as well, purposely had Neville when they did is a nice touch. While they aren't given much in the HP books due to their permanent residence in St. Mungos, they tend to be portrayed by fan authors as a brave and sweet couple that I really adore.
DofD chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
DofD chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
So sad.
DofD chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Ladii Emelia chapter 3 . 11/5/2011
Wonderful story. Loved the originality.
JupiterJack567 chapter 2 . 9/14/2011
actually, i take it back. there really wasn't much else to the story since it's only three chapters long.

you kind of ruined your own story with the aforementioned quote.

contrast this line,

"Slowly, he had become a fondly remembered shadow in her life, while she had remained the focus of his."

with this line that pretty much summarizes lily's actions in the first chapter,

"The stronger her will, the better her ability to imagine the dangers needing to be faced, the more love she can pour into her man, the better the spell works."

and you see that the third chapter pretty much invalidates lily's actions in the first chapter. it's as if she said, "i love you, but you're forgettable." then you tell us she loves james more, and one has to ask . . . why? i mean, did you see the first chapter, that was pretty intense. how you gonna top that james?

like i said, like a balloon being popped by a needle. your story had emotional impact, then the third chapter came and negated that impact. the last two lines to me confirm this with how anti-climatic they are:

"What happens now?" He asked.

"We wait. Eventually, the path will open, and we'll go on."

and one must consider logic as well. if lily loved james more, why didn't she use the same spell to protect him? as you stated, SHE KNEW her life, and naturally the life of her family, would be in danger. what stopped her?

i know this sounds harsh, but i don't mean to offend. i'm simply giving my honest opinion. good luck with future stories.
JupiterJack567 chapter 3 . 9/14/2011
"He knew she had loved him, but that she had loved James more. And how, with each passing day, her relationship with James had deepened, and her memory of him had grown less acute. Slowly, he had become a fondly remembered shadow in her life, while she had remained the focus of his."

awwww, i hated this line. it ruined the snily-goodness like some balloon being popped by a needle, the ending was quite anti-climatic, and we never saw the spell being used to protect severus. the rest was not bad.
supergm123 chapter 3 . 8/17/2010
Ive only began to read SS/LE pairing stories, and actually, this is my first one, so i must admit, an excellent start to an excellent pair, to be frank, i thought this story was perfect, and the ending excellent i couldnt think of anything better to read. But im just wondering, where did you get the dates from, its just, when i read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows i always see him in like modern times like 2008/09 i think Deathly Hallows was published i cant remember.
Bella Vista chapter 3 . 12/15/2008
I'm sorry, but i just thought that was a bit sad. It ended well and i did like the last chapter. However, the opening chapters were slightly dodgy, and i didn't like it how you strayed from the canon even when it was entirely unnecessary. Many people have called this story beautiful, i wouldn't go that far but i am going to say nice try.
storm-brain chapter 3 . 7/9/2008
MatoakaWilde chapter 3 . 2/21/2008
Interesting story! I liked it! : )
MatoakaWilde chapter 2 . 2/21/2008
the spell you made up is clever! cool idea!
MatoakaWilde chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
OMG! I love this! Just what I want, Sev/Lily and action haha! Anyway I love that you have Lily with both James and Sev “It will be a very bad day when I’ve only enough love in my heart for James Potter." -Great line. Off to read more corncerning my fav. pair..
93 Diagon Alley chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
That...was intense. Wow.

Really, truly fantastic. :)
Outofthebluesparkles chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
Beautiful. Absolutely exquisite. God, it made me cry.