Reviews for The Obvious Choice
I M Sterling chapter 15 . 11/24/2012
What a great story!
LindyK1987 chapter 15 . 8/18/2011
please update soon. i love this fic. :D keep up the good work.
padoryia chapter 15 . 7/27/2011
love it more please
PollyWantCookie chapter 15 . 7/19/2011
I had to read the whole story in one go again because by now it's been so long and I've dropped out of Harry Potter fanfiction quite a while ago BUT it's definitively been worth it and the argumentation to turn the vote in their favour is absolutely brilliant! I'm envious of all the ideas and technicalities you manage to bring into the story, not just waving the wands about a bit but actually thinking out a background and plans... I love that sort of thing. Sometimes I feel that preparation is much better (and more fun) than the real deal, and you absolutely offer me that :) The only (teensy-weensy) bit of critique is that you portray Ron a little too one-dimensionally immature - but at least you have the grace to grant him moments of useful thinking and the emotional range of a teaspoon, if it can't be a fully grown tablespoon (which is still one of the best Potter-quotes). Do continue as you do!
snarky snapw chapter 9 . 7/17/2011
Love it so far! And love how sneaky and shaky you've made Snape! Nice work!
Sampdoria chapter 15 . 7/4/2011
It has been a while since I read this story so I will have to read it all over again to get the full gist of it, but let me say one thing; What a totally brilliant update! This was preparation towards war at its best and the Order will be the sore loosers if they dont admit the trio. If JKR had used such planning in her books as you did here I would have been a lot more impressed than I was of a Dumbledore who even after his death wanted to be the master of the game, letting good people die rather than speak the truths, stop hiding necessary information and give help and training when and where it was needed! I would have added one little point to the Trios cause: The grown-ups in the order migth think that they are doing the best by not letting the trio in the misgivings that they are protecting them by keeping them out of things. The point should have been made clear that Voldemort and his Death Eaters have no such qualms, they are hunting the trio and will not use innocent spells if they catch them. The order must open their eyes and realise that even if they are of the oppinion that children should not participate in a war, the enemy have no scruples in hurting and killing children, Harry and/or others. I am glad to hear that you will continue this gem, I know I will wait for updates, no matter how long it will take for this was brilliant. Stories where strategy and planning is used like this are far between and I love it!
Beautiful-Liar13 chapter 14 . 3/8/2011
this is amazing I love it and with the Hermione and Severus tension that is really good and when is someone going to tell Hermione about what Severus told the Dark Lord and can Hermione block her mind I think that that would be a good part to have in there I hope that you update soon
Intelligent Magic chapter 14 . 2/22/2011
This is a good story but you need to update quicker.
bookivore chapter 14 . 9/9/2010
It boggles my mind that Hermione is going into cyphers. She has jumped straight from a fairly large-scale, complicated problem to a solution that only applies to a small, small part of the problem. She skipped over the step of defining the problem to see if the solution fits; well, that seems fairly typical of all of them. But my first take on the communication problem is: What are the issues? Speed; security; ease of use in a battle situation or while being monitored by hostiles; use over distance; which group of people or groups might use the idea; does it produce a 'hardcopy' which can be reviewed later (the patronus message does not); which locations can it be used in (most magical methods are dubious in Muggle locations); and are there natural difficulties in the communications method that have to be dealt with (such as feeding an owl). It is very hard to measure a solution if you have not figured out a measuring stick and just start grabbing solutions. See: Gryffindors.
bookivore chapter 13 . 9/9/2010
On Hermione's list, which is about the Trio joining the order, she has as a 'con' People get hurt around us with Ginny - COS as an example. Well, Ginny got hurt due to Voldeort's long-range plan to attack Hogwarts and Dumbledore, as implemented by Lucius. It didn't have anything to do with her being around the Trio, and it was not even part of a direct attack on Harry. (Hmm.. I have seen Harry being guilty about it in fics, but that has nothing to do with logical arguments.)
bookivore chapter 10 . 9/9/2010
I really like Mrs. Figg's photo album. Throws a whole new light on the thought that people watched his entire sad childhood and did nothing about it. I've seen Mrs. Figg in another fic saying to him something along the lines of "Well, I couldn't make it too nice for you when you were over, or Petunia would stop letting me care for you." But this is the first time I've seen her do something that was nice, hidden, and preparing for the future. Great idea.
bookivore chapter 8 . 9/9/2010
There is a strange video on videosift dot com called the budgett frog defends itself. This little bitty frog is opening its huge mouth, hissing, and lunging at someone's finger. If that isn't like Snape I don't know what is (except for being a tiny creature).
happierhere chapter 14 . 7/12/2010
Brilliant story. Too bad it seems like it won't be updated.

I really like stories who take their time to get to know the characters, instead of just throwing them together. I also enjoy the planning and plotting, something that doesn't happen (or possibly only happens inside Dumbledore's mind) in the books...
J.C.Swanne chapter 14 . 3/21/2010
hey :) i just wanted to say that this is a fantastic story, but i couldn't help but notice the last time you updated was around 7 months ago. just wondering if you were planning on finishing (which i think you should, because it is amazing)

thanks x
georgiagurl chapter 7 . 8/26/2009
...wow...umm, your story is GREAT and really funny but some of the english sayings are really confuzzing my USA mind! SNAPE'S SEXY BY THE WAY!