Reviews for Fighting The Green
mordicus18 chapter 10 . 2/25
As a harry potter fan, i wanted to know why james and the marauder are so adepte to condamn the slytherin in your story ? In the original yes they were but in their teen time. Did you remeber that harry s grandmother was a black and a slytherin... Euh where is the logic ? I dont know if it s only me or not but i found that you make harry a lot of compliments from the others but in reding i can t quite found these qualities. It s like the other characters are biased like hadrian who found harry smart yes but no so that he deserved it., anyone with comonsens who haved the same thought. The admiration towards harry is so easily given that i found it unbelivable sometimes. Yes the mqin ch character need to be unique and stronger than the othet but i didnt see it clearly in the story.
Diverging Patronus chapter 9 . 2/25
Oh my god! I need more! I was so prepared to hit the next button! I was so happy when I actually saw this updated! I'm going to follow this now lol!
Please update it's so addicting!
SherWatsonLocked chapter 9 . 2/24
Im really enjoying this so far and looking forward to more soon! :)
hotcat chapter 9 . 2/24
WeirdCornChip chapter 9 . 2/24
I LOVE This story. You made Theodore a real person and he is a creeper but I see where he gets it from and feel so sorry for him and I don't know whether to be relieved or extremely annoyed that James picked harry up. LOVE THIS STORY. All you people who read review to see if this is worth reading, stop reading reviews and Read This Story.
BunnyCowLuva chapter 8 . 2/24
This "review"/comment follows the one I left for chapter 9, because I haven't reviewed in YEARS and wasn't aware that we can only review once per chapter now... sorry,

oh right, and I like how Harry isn't exactly a perfect being in the story and does have some flaws and worries and tears. His dislike for Neville because he was forced to play nice for years is real enough, and that prank with the spiders, I laughed too. Did I think it was mean? Of course. Dangerous, considering his volatile magic? Definitely. That's why he is a first year, not older. That's why he got his hand bit by a dragon. You just do things because you feel like doing them sometimes, believing that it won't be too bad.

On the topic of age, there are moments when I questioned if Harry or Theodore really knew some of the words they said to each other though...

but yeah. Just a thought... ;;
BunnyCowLuva chapter 9 . 2/24
Your fic is great, and this characterization of Theo - of everyone and everything, really - really explains a lot; I still remember the old fic, and I'm just so glad you're back. Thank you for making my day. There are grammar mistakes here and there, but then I was too busy reading your new chapters to really note them down.

I know this isn't exactly a very helpful comment in terms of helping a writer improve, but I'm just really, REALLY happy to be reading your story again.

I liked all those tiny little changes (e.g. Dobbie, Tom Riddle, etc.) and the chekhov's gun (e.g. THE ring?) too, by the way. The moment where Harry realized his Housemates was actually - dare I say - "worried", and that he wasn't really alone in his own House was all feels... Oh, and I enjoyed those mysteries quite a lot too (e.g. Harry choosing Peter and what it means, who that ghost that Harry shouldn't meet really is... blah blah blah) - I'm sure you know your own fic more than I do so I seriously shouldn't be reciting all those parts that I liked to you.

I liked all of it anyways. :P

ANYWAYS, right, thank you for writing.

I'll be waiting patiently for your next chapters. Don't worry; I've waited all these years for your revamp anyways, so do take your time. :3 (Ooooo this is so exciting )
I really like how the friendships develop and the battle with Voldemort was well written :)
Ann chapter 8 . 2/23
Some people are saying your Harry's not nice. Ignore them. I think his first fight with the Weasleys and Neville shows high moral character, though I don't think that the way you had him speak is typical of six year olds. He is incredibly mean but most children are, and the twins are a lot meaner. The twins are sadistic. But you haven't made him a paragon of the dark side - that's refreshing in ff. And you don't have him talk politics in first year. I like that. Could do with some editing but on the whole pretty decent.
adenoide chapter 7 . 2/23
My god Nott with Harry is like that Ron with Neville. Nott is very heavy with Harry. Maybe Severus could be lest awful with Harry, he had forget how it was difficult with James and Sirius and he did the same.
muumuu chapter 7 . 2/23
Oh I'm so happy you are continuing this! _ I'm enjoying this a lot.
Turnpike chapter 1 . 2/23
Oh, I like this. Are you reediting the version of story on the Archive then to post here? I like the divergences from CanonHarry-you manage to communicate his tolerance and dislike for his 'friends' without making him sound angsty or like an entitled brat. I do hope we see more of his independence from Hermione, Ron, and Neville in this fic and learn more about Slytherin House. Ooh, and his lessons with Snape! I LOVE the lessons with Snape. I was surprised Regulus never taught him anything in the other version... And I can't wait for James to find out his son is a Dark Wizard. Btw, what are the chances of him having Parseltongue? Any chance he might have it naturally as an UberDarkWizard, or could he steal it from the Diary Horcrux?
Anyways, thank you! This is a delightful story, and I got all warm and bubbly inside when I saw there was another chapter! Yay! Reading! Thanks! You're providing a community service here! Good job!
mordicus18 chapter 6 . 2/23
I m not sure if your harry in the story is not the typical gryffindor too good and too nice, nor an evil slytherin but i found this harry a bit idiot on some level and too naive. Yes it s only first year but reading it it makes me thing of peter from the marauder. He is so weak sometimes that i wanted to jump off the astronomy tower instead of continuing this charade of pitifull arrogance.
WeirdCornChip chapter 6 . 2/23
This Story is amazing! And TWO new chapters? So happy. :D
Haz chapter 5 . 2/23
I am not surprised Harry was put in Slytherin. I don't usually like Harry in Slytherin stories but yours is not the BWL and he is also not a nice person.
1,391 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »