Reviews for Derision
FreezingPenguins chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Excellent insight to both Percy and Snape :) It was really good :D. So I know it was written years ago, but I had to leave a review.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Wow. Fantastic insight into Professor Snape.
duj chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Snape has always tasted the bitter with the sleet.
emptyword chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
I have no idea why there are so few reviews for this story. Another case on this site of brilliance not receiving its due while the more lackluster are lauded. This was creative and solid and everything one could hope for in a brief Snape one-shot. Snape's take to Percy Weasley was spot-on for both characters, and his uncontrolled outburst followed immediately by self-loathing made me writhe with pleasure. This is him in all the glory of his character, passionate, intense, bitter, pained, angry and remorseful, a roil of dark emotion fueled by cycnical logic.

"The magical world was not nice, and he did not want a single one of his students to leave Hogwarts under the delusion that it was."

What he learned, he would teach, wouldn't he? He is blunt and pragmatic to a fault. I've always thought he was a wonderful foil to Dumbledore with all his twinkly optimism and underhanded manipulation.

Very well-written. I reiterate, I really enjoyed.
cecelle chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
You really should have more reviews, but ffnet is malfunctioning big time (I kept getting "story not found" messages when trying to open the story and leave a review.)That's probably the reason. Not even the story listings are working properly...

Anyway, this is a great piece. I can completely see him reacting like that, his tongue running away with him. He has to be under so much stress (the hours at Hogwarts are incredible, and potions brewing can be so dangerous...), and he never has been one to suffer fools gladly. And this still works just fine after DH.

Great job!
whitehound chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Very nicely done and believable.