Reviews for Daughter, Would You Accompany Me?
trecebo chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
How did I miss this? Man! Now I want a Lion in my kitchen...
Gryphaena chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
This was really good! I like her description of Frank. I think the last line was the best. She is going to an unknown place but she isn't afraid because her husband and Aslan are there.
emily chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Well,it Was good However, when helen came to Narnia, her namd was not Helen, i believe it was Nancy or norma. something with an N. My profile here is Eragon is Mine. It will not let me log in.
The Little Author that Could chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Wow.

That was great! It was just...I dunno, I'd never really thought about what went on when Helen sort of...popped up. It was really interesting to read, not to mention very well written.

Great work! Keep writing, you just might get somewhere.
MyBlueOblivion chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
And it would be so very hard to say 'no', wouldn't it?

A nice simple story, written well and with obvious affection for the subjects at hand, is hard to beat. This is one such story. I had always wondered about her reaction to finding Narnia; sadly the Magician's Nephew skipped right over it. But this filled the gap nicely, I think. Very nice.

Yours,

~MyBlueOblivion~
MWSR chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
It was funny...at first I thought it was Helen Pevensie. Cos, Peter and the other's mum is called Helen too, isn't she?

Lovely fic.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
: )

i like this one best.
silverymare chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
I loved this. Helen is a character so very much overlooked because of our other beloved favourites, namely the Pevensie four, it was good to hear how she came. I admit that it is a bit sad that we don't hear much more of her in the rest of the chronicles.

But I loved this line the best: 'All in an instant she saw that the light was different, as if the afternoon sun was shining from the hall behind her and not the small window before her, and the sweet scent of all that was best of summer filled the air.'

That's how I'd imagine Lewis himself would have described it.
readyslavery chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
This is really lovely. I've never seen a fic dealing with this before, so you get points for originality as well. All in all, you've taken a small scene and wrote it wonderfully. It's easy to visualise her trust in Aslan, and his amusement towards the end. Favouriting. :)
AvinWaters chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Ah... This is delightful. I understand the thrill she must have felt as he called her to her new home. Wonderfully done. It is exactly as Lewis would have written it-better, even, if that's possible.

A
E. C. Peters chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
wowsa! loveitloveitloveit!

no surprise, eh? lovely job on this one. its fantastic!
Capegio chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
;_;

"Narnia. The word thrilled her. She felt her heart leap for the joy and the sound of it."

I had that moment earlier today. Golly golly golly I've missed this place. Really really nicely done. I missed you too.
MooMoogle chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Ah, the joys and wonders of a new life.

Brilliantly written, as always. Aslan, of course, was portrayed excellently, and you wrote Helen just as I would have imagined her. Just you wait, one day I WILL steal your amazing writing skillz. *shakes fist*
Almyra chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Ok. Somehow ffnet screwed up and I _never_ got an alert about this. *kicks ffnet*

Wow, e. This is absolutely, amazingly fabulous. It just gave me the shivers all over - so perfect in Helen and her kind, warm character, and I loved the touches with Frank being the type who would protect others. And Aslan. *faints dead away*

Oh, wow. This is one of those stories that doesn't necessarily make one jump up and down in one's chair with excitement, but it is _better_, because it leaves a deep, warm glow inside.

Just magnificent. :o)
Elanor Joy chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
That was lovely. I've heard a lot of good things about your writng, but I haven't ever read any until now. Now I understand why people like it so much! That line about her hat at the end was fabulous, it sort of broke the intensity of the moment, but not in a bad way. Very, very well done. I wish I could write like you!
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »