Reviews for Then, she was gone
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
God knows this shoulda happened in-game. These two need to interact more considering their background. XD

Love it, just like your other works.
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Can you say CUTE? I loved it, and I love this pairing! Yay Asch x Natalia... Very poetically and beautifully done. XD
Kahoshi Risa chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Oh wow, it's so detailed! I really love the way you describe things without making it so complicated! Anyway, I really like it! Especially the ending..;
Nips chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Oh, dammit. Asch is too cute. Dx

I thought that the forming of the flower was very poetically done. The building up of the voice was a nice touch; it's a lot easier to imagine someone with as rough an exterior as his finding his voice rather than just using it on a whim. I also liked the creation of the item itself and the concept of combining hymn with hyperresonance. The long, concentrated process involved in making such a small item is, again, much more believable than would be a short process.

And oh, the dramatic irony is so sweet. The time and care of the creation is lost upon the person it is given to, but she values it nonetheless. And was that a nice touch of symbolism with the casic and the flower I saw? Good stuff.

While I'm on the subject of the casic... I don't doubt its existence (I'm far from knowledgeable on religious clothing) and I understand why you would choose to have Asch wear one, but a lot of people don't know what a casic is. The next time it makes its appearance, perhaps a brief sentence or two of introduction (for example, "... casic, the ornamental cloth that he, as a high-ranking member of a religious order, was sometimes required to wear...") might be worth adding if it helped people comprehend its presence. Or, if repeated introductions in several stories are too hokey, perhaps a short author's note in each fic would suffice. By no means do you have to do as I say, but sudden interaction with an alien article of clothing on an otherwise fan-familiar outfit can be confusing.

Getting away from that subject... I really liked the thought of Asch being able to smile and enjoy something, even if in solitude. Playing the game, I really wanted to see him just let go of his gruff exterior for one moment and genuinely smile or laugh. The smiles he DOES give are always so small that I doubt seeing them.

The whole second part with Natalia was so full of Cute that I just... *sigh* At "T... take care of it for me, alright?" I had to stop and bury my face in my hands to stop my fangirlish "AW"s from waking up the house. It's so like him, but it's something I could also see Luke saying.

If I didn't already like the pairing, I think you would've won me over with this fic. IT'S TOO CUTE. x(