Reviews for Devil's Advocate
ASF13957 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This is really quite fascinating. I've seen a lot of different takes on this character, but yours is unique and, I think, one of the best. Bravo.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Interesting philosphy of life. Peter as a self-delusional syncophant is very convincing. He played the part well. Earned everything that came his way. Good story.
Quo chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
I think I'm in love. You portrayed Peter so well, better than I think anyone could have. He does seem to me to be just a little too informed on 'Muggle' History, but then again, Napoleon and Hitler... They are probably the most perfect examples you could give. "Who's to say that the two, genius and madness, are not one and the same?" That was such a powerful line for me. Sometimes it really does seem like being a genius and being a madman are one and the same. Kudos to you!
Slytherins Kick ASS chapter 1 . 3/16/2008

Go Pettigrew.
Mistyquest chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
I love you so much right now. That was so friggin amazing. Dude (scuse), you ROSE and MET that challenge. Fo sho.
Glorious Clio chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Wow. You've just shaken everything the series stood for for me. Holy cats! And you have the history dead on. I'm a history major, Napoleon and Hitler did come incredibly close to taking over.

Holy cats.

I'm going to have to find a way to assuage my fears... "he spent 12 years as a rat... he spent 12 years as a rat... he spent..."
vampassassin chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
wow, an amazing piece of writing is this! Hmm, i dont think that that is proper grammer, but nevertheless, i'm sure you see what i am saying! This was definelty a fascinating insight into Peter Pettigrew's mind. A little disturbing perhaps, but what else would you expect from him?

Anyway, defiently an excellent piece of writing! Good job!
fenfenrocks chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Brilliant! Peter Pettigrew has always been my favorite of the Marauders, and you've shed light on his viewpoint. I found this to be a wildly entertaining read.

I only have one criticism. I'm not sure if his "voice" was spot-on. Peter did not have as extensive a vocabulary as you, I believe, and it shows; this piece takes the side of someone exceptionally intellectual, and, while intelligent to a degree - more than is thought of him, of course - I think it might've been a tad easier to extend my disbelief if he hadn't been SO smart, SO informed. It's hard to imagine that he knows of all of the great Muggle historical figures and didn't reference to a single wizarding one. And, in his dialogue in the books, he didn't speak nearly as fluently as in this. I believe that can be attributed to the guise that he takes, as this piece sort of assumes the position of him "coming out" from his shell and truly expressing himself, in all of his true, glittering intellect, but, it's still worth noting.

I'm faving this. Very nice job.