Reviews for The Freak
overbooked chapter 1 . 4/26
I don't think I've ever seen this twist before, and it creates a very interesting perspective on canon if you think about it with this as background. It seems very much in character that of course Dumbledore would show up uninvited. I blame him for Lily and James showing up, too. Well-done.
pleurocoelus chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
That's quite an interesting inversion of the expected. Well done.
berru chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
what a great twist at the end
Hiril Elfwraith chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
O.O

Who woulda thunk it...
Brian Darksoul chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Hmm Very valid and interesting points of perspective on Vernons bitterness and hate well for this particular fanfiction idea at least. Kudos!
Janneia chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Huh. What an interesting concept.
caillion chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
wow! I loved that. I was fully expecting Lily to be the uninvited haughty guest but I was very wrong. I love this explanation and I like it as a oneshot. I think more might be too much plot. great job
selenepotter chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Wow!
rianifitria chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I wish this is canon and Harry learned about it. How twisted will he be?
BDSanta2001 chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
What a fantastic explanation for why the Dursleys act the way they do!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
The really scary part is that I can see this happening. _And_ I can see Dumbledore being idiotic enough to dump Harry on them even after this.
homeric chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
I really like fics that turn the reader's expectations on their head somewhat, and this particularly enjoyable. Well written and with a cheeky bittersweet twist, I liked it very much.
Rorschach's Blot chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Very nice ficlet, a side of the Dursley family I haven't seen before.
Garnet Avi chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
That's interesting. Turning a situation on it's head often gives a new perspective. This is an interesting way to think about the hatred that the Dursleys had for wizards (it also would make DD leaving HP with them make a bit more sense). I was a little confused at first, but after re-reading it, it made me think.

Of course, I think that carying bigotry on for the sole reason being that it was enacted upon you in the past is as great an evil as the original bigotry, so no Dursley love no matter why they hate wizards, but it is interesting to think that the wizarding world has, as always, bred all it's own evils. Anyway, before I stop making sense (if I do to start with), I'll thank you for writing from such a unique perspective.

Avi