Reviews for Look At Me
Valie chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Aww! So sad! This was my favorite scene in DH because I seriously hadn't thought Snape had been in love with Lily until this moment (and it was the moment I began to ship the only canon couple in the HP world of Snape/Lily).

Marvelous, seriously. I love that this was Snape's POV of the moment.
AngelMoon Girl chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I don't think I've ever read a one shot about Severus' death with this much caliber and writing strength before! I loved how canon it was- Severus' thoughts were exactly what I imagined them to be. Nicely done.
NiennaTru chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Even after JKR revealed Snape's full story in Deathly Hallows, to me, Snape remained a deeply unlikable and almost loathsome character. But there was also something so tragically pathetic about that scene between him and Harry. His need to see Lily's eyes one last time was (and still is) one of the saddest passages in any of the HP books. So even though I'm not usually one to look for Snape fics, I thought this one was very well-written. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

NiennaTru
breannatala chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Brilliant! I loved this!
NoobianRose chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
As it should have been. Very well written. This is exactly what I needed to read. For Severus. Thank you!
PotentialDarkWizard chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
*sniff* So beautiful... Why?...

*proceeds to bawl into the black cloak*
serendipities chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
very good. made me cry. but then again, so did the scene in the book, so that's not a surprise.
hpfan99 chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Wow... I loved it!

I never thought of it that way, when I read the words, "Look at me." in HP7.

I stumbled across this after I wrote my own Snape/Lily fic, and I'm glad I did! It's so touching and it shows the soft side of Snape.
Lill chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
So amazing! I cried when I read about Severus and Lily, I was so sad that Severus had to die! But it was for the good, very touching. Very well written! Great!
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
That was so emotional, I positively had tears in my eyes while reading it. Well done!
Dragonzair chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Ah, fuck. I had to leave to room because I was about to cry. Again. Probably the 100th time today. No kidding D:

Gad, you captured it so brilliantly. A lot of people couldn't understand how Snape could be so humane, but the thing is, we always see him in Harry's PoV. So obviously, to the boy who loathed him so much, he was inhumane.

But to Dumbledore, who knew his secrets and deep regrets, saw him for what he was, and trusted him for that.

That's what JKR made us see in book 7, and you did a brilliant job of it as well. Gah, I can totally see this as canon. *cries again*
cherz chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
i keep reading the chapter that follows his death...i find his memories really sad, all he had wanted was love..but his was unrequited.. ;_;
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Nicely written. I thought it a little bit weird first that Snape wanted Harry to look at him in the book (I was expecting some Legilimency or anything that would give the boy some information...). At first, certainly not this - but sure, this interpretation has to be right... (-:

I just wish very much HE could have survived instead - in afterlife, Lily will still be that big headed husband's of hers. )-: And I don't think Rowling did much to "clean" his name in the public - I even don't recall him to have a portrait in the Headmasters' study at the end (I shall definitely check once again, but if I am right - shame on her! (-:)
FictionJunction chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
I love it! I keep re-reading this part again and again in the book, it's so powerful, how I wish Snape had survived! Anyway, it's beautiful, thank you!
ringbearer44 chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Beautiful... Extremely well written, very poignant. A wonderful insight into Snape's character and thoughts in his last moments.