Reviews for The Cover Note
Freya922 chapter 1 . 9/23
This was heartbreaking on so many damn levels, from young Sam praying to young Dean getting hit, to current Dean struggling with the aftermath of the Djinn. Loved the ending, too.
HeroicDean chapter 1 . 5/1
This was a terrific story. I liked the mention of Sam's faith, and how it clearly started much earlier than I thought.
No Demand for Truth chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
Really good story, really well written. Great to see a fellow Aussie writing too, although now I've read so many American authors that 'torch' just really stood out, ha ha. Thank you for writing!
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
Recommended to me and I'm so glad it was. A wonderful story, perfectly in character and expertly written.
Meowse chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Love, love, love, love it! And the ending? Absolutely, perfectly Dean. _
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Great story, great Dean and Sam, that balance beam between love and love :)
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Loved it - especially how you write younger Dean with younger Sam. Because siblings in real life get frustrated with each other like that. You know? You just wrote it very realistically. Loved the interposed flashbacks and Sam being lovably-awesome. Most of all - loved Dean's angst.

Nicely done. :)
biketest chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
That story was ridiculously adorable. Great job.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
that was sweet. I especially like the post it that Sam left. Of course I remember, you jackass. Ah pure love right there. Awesomeness.
chemm80 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
"Dean had almost forgotten, had to duck back down the hallway at the last minute. He dropped down onto his knuckles and flattened against the floorboards, looked up underneath the bed. He didn’t know why it was so important that he see it, and now he was frowning because there was something stuck to the wall over the carved letters. He shuffled his shoulder further in, reached up under the bed frame and pulled the square of paper free from the tape holding it to the wall.

Of course I remember, you jackass.

Sam’s writing. He shook his head. Twisted his lips around a surprised smile. He glanced back at the wall.

Dear God help my brother from monsters."

I had to gasp and laugh when I read this - I so wasn't expecting it. Your stories are just made of awesome - I can't get over how true the tone is to the characters and the series itself. You always seem to get it just right. I read a LOT and always have and when I read something really good, it makes me wonder about the person who wrote it and what they're like - I think I'm in love with you. (But don't worry - I'm only a virtual stalker - hope that's okay.
counteragent chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Fabulous! Understated and touching. Love the contrast between how much Dean cared for his brother and how gruff he was with him in the Weechester timeline. The boys felt like BOYS here in a way that they don't in some fics.

Loved their approaches toward faith, in both timelines. How it ends up faith in each other more than anything.

This line section particularly stuck with me, long after I'd finished the story:

But if I say everyone, then I know.’

‘Know what?’

‘That I said ‘em.’

Dean didn’t really have an answer for that. He looked at Sam’s pale moonlit face and thought maybe he understood. Swinging the bat when you knew the ball had gone wide over the plate? Sometimes you couldn’t help it.
ToxicLullaby chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Aw, Sam did remember *glee* that was really good. I liked the end, it was funny haha.
Pedellea chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
This story is one of the best I've read in recent times. I loved the interchange between the then-and-now Dean and Sam. It also hit a chord since I believe in prayer and God and all that jazz. Carving a prayer under my bed - I'll have to try that one. Anyway, excellent insight into the characters. You handled them really well. Thanks!
brighette chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
I seem to be rapidly approaching a bittersweet moment, in which I have read all of your fics and I have to WAIT for the next one!

Thanks for the WIaWSNB tag...it's one of my favorite episodes, and this was nicely done. I see some people take objection to Dean's roughness with Sam as a kid, but it's a protective roughness and as the younger sister to an older brother...that's pretty much how it is until you get to a certain point. So it's ringing true for me :)
ciel4 chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
This is just so adorable. It's not schmoopy in any way, but it conveys such an intensity of feeling it took my breath away. Awesome work, thank you.