Reviews for First Steps
Kerjen chapter 8 . 4/23/2008
"And does anyone understand humans except for one of themselves?"

And do humans even understand each other? I admit I'm very often baffled. ;)

Good letter; I liked how she emphasized that she repeats her good reports not to brag, but to give her impressions. I also really like her deep respect for Spock - and passing along the ship captain - and her constant path to grow.
Kerjen chapter 12 . 1/3/2008
I really like how you develop all these different cultures, so I was very glad to see you developing the Vulcans in this chapter rather than leave them two dimensional.

You have a real knack for creating characters and making them real. I can't wait to read more!
Mezoti chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
This is a really wonderful story. I love how fully fleshed out the characters are, and as a recent college freshman I find it easy to relate to. Please write more!
Kerjen chapter 5 . 10/8/2007
Your wonderfully diverse cast grows even more and you perfectly captured the upset of a first day in a strange place, and the meeting of polar opposite roommates!

One little comment: if the bold could be turned off, that would be great.
Kerjen chapter 4 . 9/25/2007
Sorry it's been so long since I last reviewed!

Another good chapter! I like how you're making each character unique. Now we have Tor, another human who respects a Vulcan's right to be different, and who loves living amongst the stars as much as Saavik!
Khiori chapter 3 . 8/23/2007
I had fun reading it! Very interesting! I really enjoyed how Spock and Saavik interact in the story, very realistic. I'm looking forward to having more chapters-bringing it all into a cohesive whole, after the first three chapters introduced and 'set up' the characters for some sort of interaction. Very good details. I really enjoyed how you made Spock and Saavik, and the particular time you chose to cover, made the story intriguing.
Kerjen chapter 3 . 8/21/2007
I continue to really Carinne and her respect for other people's ways. And that even as Saavik studies humans and other species, she wants the respect to be who she is and doesn't want someone twisting her into something that she's not.
Kerjen chapter 2 . 8/16/2007
Another good chapter! I enjoy that you write each person true to type and with respect for each other, such as Carinne knowing not to shake hands and how to address Spock.
Kerjen chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Good beginning! I like the idea of this school and can see Saavik is the kind of person they are looking for. I also like that you're exploring a time and in a different way than many people do.