Reviews for Rope
LilacFaLaBraue chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Now this is pretty good. You have written a story that is stupendously charming. Good work!
MizJoely chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
I started this story, didn't intend to finish it, couldn't put it down. Now THAT'S good writing. Even with the obscenities and, er, uncomfortable subject matter.
LilacFree chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
I liked this so much that I read it about three times through. I particularly admire how you told it through a secondary character and resisted the temptation to wallow in the likely angst of Tegan, giving her rare respect. The Doctor was wonderfully surreal in your horribly realistic setting. All in all, marvelous.
Bojack727 chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Wonderful, it was like one of those gritty surbuban novels. The Doctor was protrayed wonderfully. This entire story was very engaging as it explored a more casual- even dangerous- aspect of the Doctor, not seen till his last story. I'm certain that late and great Robert Holmes would smile at this.
LJC chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
This is utterly, utterly wonderful. I lveo seeing the DOctor and Tegan from an outsider's POV, and I love how you juggled some pretty serious material with a very light touch.
miskatonic chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
Another life very briefly interrupted by the Doctor, from the interruptee's perspective. Every time I reread this one, I find it just as witty and clever and, and ... well, as lovely as the first time.
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Excellent fic - I really enjoyed it. The characterizations are absolutely perfect! You really write well!
Sunshine chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
Bloody hell!

What a bloomin' fantastic piece of writing this is-it really works on a lot of levels-the friction b/n Tegan and the Doctor, the tests of friendships, realisations etc. And I was surprised by Tegan's response as well as Doctor-it really showed how things were getting. Great capture of the characters. It's a really great fic and I wish I could do it justice by explaining clearly how I feel what a wonderful piece it was.

I hope you continue in the realms of writing as you are extremely talented and deserve to be out there for the whole world to read and appreciate.

Keep up the brilliant work!
Auntie Krizu chapter 1 . 1/11/2002
Bloody good story, haven't read many like it for a long time! Thanks for this!
FayJay chapter 1 . 1/4/2002
"His smile, framed by broad dimples, was what took him out of the bland and into the dangerous, shining-Buddha realm of religious cult leader. The more the smile endeavored to be friendly and reassuring, the less reassured Justin was."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! ...now the thing is that I may have overplayed my hyperbole card by now with my other fb, but God Damn, this is a smashing little fic. It really is. My heart bleeds that it hasn't had more reviews. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.
Crystal Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/30/2001
Exactly what we need! More 5th doctor! Keep it up!
Holli chapter 1 . 7/25/2001
Wow, this was great. I liked the way that you made your "minor" characters so believable with adding a lot of exposition. This story and this author are definatly going to be on my favorites list!
AuntieKate chapter 1 . 7/23/2001
Excellent character development especially the frisson between the Doctor and Tegan. Well-spoken commentary on a social issue without being preachy. All-around good stuff!