Reviews for Captured
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Now this is the kind of story I have been looking for!

Bravo to you for making such an awesome story!
ACE ICo chapter 1 . 6/10/2004
YAY!HAPPY, HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY! fanfic...Your story rocks!Please write more of Holly kicking butt!
Kaitlin Smith chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I love this fanfiction! You are the best writter ever! My favorite person is Holly, even in the show. Thank you for posting this fanfiction. It was great!
Andross chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
I loved it! Great work! Your only real problem is you formating, but that is simple to fix as well as ignore.

The story line was marvilous! I loved it! You did a great job with going into detail with the fights!

Please write the sequal soon! And, if you're listining to advise or requests, this would make a great Holly/Genki fic! Please do not be insulted if you do not agree, or if that is not what you intend to do with the fic. But I think that it would work great, especially now that Holly has all this self-confidence. She could be the more aggressive of the two in their relationship!

Also you have to have Genki ask for lessons in Holly's fighting style! He doesn't really have that much of a style, especially against jell types. So he could use it, but he will never be quite as good as Holly in her fighting style! In the end he comes out with a mix of their styles that makes him a better fighter, and they could work so well together as a team!

Well you should keep up the good work! Great job with the spelling and grammer. Please write a sequel soon and e-mail me when you do! See ya!
Orange Lantern Tsume chapter 1 . 12/7/2002
Good story! I wonder: Would Genki have been Holly's slave if she had lost? And I REALLY liked the part where the little girl asked Holly if she was a Pixie. That was quite funny (in a good way, that is).
Natcat chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
wow that was really really good! Can you please tell me when you get more out?
Terrapin Kavalier chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
It's a well-written story. It provides a rather relaxing respite from the descriptions of common anime actions-sweat drops, shadowed eyes, etc-that are all too common in Monster Rancher stories. The various scenes between the capture and the battle made the story, which obviously used a hackneyed plot device, seem original and fresh-quite an accomplishment, seeing the frequency the said structure was used.

I do have a complaint about this otherwise superior story-the problem of deus ex machina. It seemed that the victory by Holly in the arena was followed by a spontaneous well-reception of the Searchers by the citizens of Amazonia. They, the members of a supposedly inferior sex, were invited to a banquet with the local aristocracy. Instead of the trained hatred of males that seemed to have been instilled in the population, the Searchers were greeted with the respect and well-wish of their former enemies, who suddenly recognized that they were fighting a common foe-Moo, although it has been said before. This unexplained change in behavior seemed to be a particularly glaring example of deus ex machina.
Tiger5913 chapter 1 . 2/2/2002
YEAH! Pro-female fighters! Kick $$! Write some Holly/Genki please!
Krylancelo chapter 1 . 10/5/2001
Hey I liked this one. Holly's my fav. character. Good job
Spike the Cross chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
Wonderful, Simply Wonderful.
CrazzySayjinGuy chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
Cool story.
Felinephoenix chapter 1 . 8/26/2001
Wow! This is a favorite for sure! Man, I really wish I had cable...since I didn't, I never got to see the end of MR, or wherever the story is now. ~_~ But I've always thought Holly was really cool, and this is a great Holly fic!
Holly-chan chapter 1 . 7/26/2001

As for MR being badly cut, I agree with you all the way. I saw the battle with a Naga, and she did not stab him at all in the English version *Hisses at dubbers* Fox Kids replayed most of season two, and did not butcher it like Fox Family did. Fox Family cut more out of the already cut dubbed version, which was stupid IMO. The only good thing was that Fox Family showed MR season 2 all the way through. Fox Kids keeps saying they'll show season 3 this year, but I doubt it. For those who would like to know more about season 3, go to the follow link: .de/ It's in German, but you can read the season 3 summeries, which are in English, and look at the screenshots, or download some of the German, English-subbed clips. As for the orginal of Monster Rancher, aka Monster Farm, it is only availble in raw Japanese, no subs, and is at CD Japan, where I get my MF tapes. [A good story. I really enjoyed it. And although I am a huge Holly fan (Can you tell by my pen name? :p) and I do think Holly could kick some butt if she wanted to, I personally think she doesn't fight much because she doesn't believe much in voilence. That's what her character seems like. But that's just me.

As for MR being badly cut, I agree with you all the way. I saw the battle with a Naga, and she did not stab him at all in the English version *Hisses at dubbers* Fox Kids replayed most of season two, and did not butcher it like Fox Family did. Fox Family cut more out of the already cut dubbed version, which was stupid IMO. The only good thing was that Fox Family showed MR season 2 all the way through. Fox Kids keeps saying they'll show season 3 this year, but I doubt it. For those who would like to knoe more about season 3, go to the follow link: .de/ It's in German, but you can read the season 3 summeries, which are in English, and look at the screenshots, or download some of the German, English-subbed clips. As for the orginal of Monster Rancher, aka Monster Farm, it is only availble in raw Japanese, no subs, and is at CD Japan, where I get my MF tapes. [A good story. I really enjoyed it. And although I am a huge Holly fan (Can you tell by my pen name? :p) and I do think Holly could kick some butt if she wanted to, I personally think she doesn't fight much because she doesn't believe much in voilence. That's what her character seems like. But that's just me.

As for MR being badly cut, I agree with you all the way. I saw the battle with a Naga, and she did not stab him at all in the English version *Hisses at dubbers* Fox Kids replayed most of season two, and did not butcher it like Fox Family did. Fox Family cut more out of the already cut dubbed version, which was stupid IMO. The only good thing was that Fox Family showed MR season 2 all the way through. Fox Kids keeps saying they'll show season 3 this year, but I doubt it. For those who would like to knoe more about season 3, go to the follow link: .de/ It's in German, but you can read the season 3 summeries, which are in English, and look at the screenshots, or download some of the German, English-subbed clips. As for the orginal of Monster Rancher, aka Monster Farm, it is only availble in raw Japanese, no subs, and is at CD Japan, where I get my MF tapes. [ . / ] The site was down when I last checked (Which was about a minute ago. :p) but if it hopefully comes back up soon, I'll have you all interested in buying MF tapes know that it cost me around $35 for one tape with two episode. Why so much? The actual tape was $17, but you have to add in the shipping. These tapes are coming from Japan, and since I live in the southeastern USA, the shipping was quite a lot. But well worth it, I assure you all. And yes, the tapes are in VHS format, so they will work on North American VCRs. :p Enough of my ranting, I know this is supposed to be a review, but I guess I added a lot more...I think this is the longest review I've written...anyway, time for my to go and attend my MR site and then go crawl back under my rock. _;; And so I bid farewell to you all...for now.
kevskove chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
good story!

... nothing else to say really
Ambre Wisniewski chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
That was a great story. I know what you mean about so much being cut. Man they never even finished showing the whole second season. I'd really love to find the original uncut version of Monster Rancher (farm). Keep up the good work.