Reviews for The Price of Loyalty
Y.A.O.I chapter 1 . 2/14
I wish people would get that this is KAKAKABU and not OROCHIKABU I read the sequel and am not really happy sorry but...why man...why
Plz write some more ur a great author
Y.A.O.I chapter 4 . 12/22/2014
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why must this be the last chapter
Y.A.O.I chapter 3 . 12/22/2014
this nearly made me cry this is truly a beautiful story
Guest chapter 4 . 7/8/2014
Sequel! Please!
crownthegoldfish chapter 4 . 12/29/2011
Poor Kabuto. Great story!
Grey Orul chapter 4 . 12/8/2011
this is absolutely amazing.. great..
Amaya86 chapter 4 . 7/27/2011
Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster. . . it was good :) I'm off to read the next one.
Renchikolul chapter 4 . 10/14/2010
I loved this story its the perfect mixer of dark love and torture. I really never expected him to save Kabuto yet he did.
Azure-Scalpel chapter 4 . 5/25/2009
(this review began in chapters 1 and 2)

Though I wish it hadn’t gotten so bittersweet with the end, this chapter was by far my favorite.

I always tried to think of what it would be like to picture Orochimaru actually saving Kabuto, and I can think it should have gone no different than this had. Unfortunately my eyes were so eager I accidentally skipped the sentence where Kabuto heard the muffled cry first time around, but afterwards I read it much smoother. I felt the same amount of relief Kabuto did when we saw Orochi drop the disguise; my heart did happy dance hehe

I regrettably am not up to date in the manga, so I have no idea if any of these theories were yet confirmed; but I found it ingenious that Orochi would actually drop his jutsu to prove his identity. I knew obviously his body was mirrored by some sort of jutsu, but since he had such white skin even as a child I figured somehow it was just somewhat of a natural occurrence (I mean I have to remind myself Sakura has PINK hair). When you described him I nearly did a double take; unexpected but very cool.

God everything about that scene just left me in pure ecstatic joy; I just drank every detail in.

Finally, one sentence you wrote just struck a chord home with me, because it is a foundation I write a lot of my own Kabuto fics on (none uploaded yet of course ).

“Call it what you want. Loyalty, stubbornness, idiocy, pride... it's all the same. It's just my choice.”

A lot of people go nuts pondering why Kabuto stays with a man like Orochimaru, why he betrays people and does cruel things. And this I believe is the greatest reason: purely because it is something he CHOSE to do. He and he alone got to make the decision.

After being thrust into a village from being brought back from war, and then being indentured into servitude with the Akatsuki, Orochimaru alone gave him the freedom (and fascination) to do as he chose to do.

He served his master not because, like all the others, it was expected, but because it was something he wanted for himself. He wanted to test just how the “perfect being” could get if he gave his all to contribute to his success. (And I’d say they were doing fairly well in that department hehe)

Behaviorally I think he even performs his sadistic pleasures with victims (like kicking people when they are down) simply to remind himself his actions are his own.

But yes, simply put, the fact you had that written gave me hope someone else had thought of that the same way.

I’ve dragged this review on long enough ; hope I didn’t ramble too much. The summarize; that was one heck of a great GREAT story that screams AWESOME in a multitude of ways

If you aren’t too shocked by my reviews I will likely leave comments (albeit perhaps a bit shorter) on your other fics.

Thank you for your inspiration it does a world of good to newly adjusting writers like me. I will always enjoy reading your work.

~Cat-eye-kanone
Azure-Scalpel chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
(This review began with Chapter 1..)

I’m VERY new to yaoi. I found that unnaturally I shied away from sex scenes in movies even when I WAS of age; so it took a bit of a strong stomach to read about a rape scene. It was so expertly done, however, I couldn’t help but be enthralled by it all the same. (I must admit it will be hard for me to ever look at Ibiki the same again; I always wondered what methods Konoha had for torturing prisoners; or even executing them if they are in jail…)

I had never understood the bonding between Kabuto and Kakashi; and wish I had read a few more fics before this one to cement down what I had apparently missed between them prior; But after finishing this one I kind of understand. They are very alike in many ways. Their bond is the sort of “catch-me-if-you-can” where both admittedly enjoy the roles they play but neither really wants to win over the other. The simply enjoy the thrill of chasing one another.

My rule with relationships is that “if it is properly written, a skilled author can make me believe anything.”

And so you helped me believe in this one

The drugs were a nice touch, one I had never really seen done before. Characters can be so strong sometimes that I sometimes get hung up on finding creative ways hurt someone. But its times like these I realize with this (or in your spare the rod story) even the simplest methods can seem the most horrible.

The thing I thought the cleverest was the branding of the Konoha mark. Even if we were realistically going by something that would only be in the anime itself (obviously, not as dark) branding is something the country with the “will of fire” I believe WOULD actually do.
Azure-Scalpel chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Hello Selphiel;

I cannot commend you enough for this story. I have the username Cat-eye-kanone on deviantart and after you favorited one of my cosplay photos, I must confess I have been secretly reading all your work ; A lot of friends of mine do not respond too well to yaoi (nor are they aware I even read it) so I neglected favoriting the bulk of your works because they would mostly likely go through my favorites and discover them, many apolagies. But after reading this particular piece I HAD to give you the recognition you deserved, and so created an account.

I must admit I've written some pretty dark things with situations Kabuto is in, but I've never got to the point or such clarity as this story.

First off, the characters were written SO WELL.

Every little reaction with Kabuto, every little word that was spoke followed entirely with how I would have perceived the situation. Have a long-ass novel of a story I have half written down in my mind where Kabuto gets attacked in his own base when Orochi is away and captured as well; but it takes a completely different turn from THIS. I must admit I love torture fics, characters in anguish and seeing how their mind reacts to things that are horrifying both sends chills to my mind and captivate me. It isn’t just Kabuto’s dialogue that gets me but the way you follow his thought process. One Perfect example is your addition of Jaetou and Keita.

Other than my cousin’s work, I had no idea other people considered the base level of assistants Kabuto works with. I thought the bond they had together was perfectly defined and believable; but what got me the most was when Kabuto was forced to murder them.

When people portray Kabuto a lot of times it is either too nice or too cruel; they don’t consider the boundry lines. But when you ACTUALLY went through with him Cracking Keita’s neck and the like I felt aweful but couldn’t help but think (YESS! That’s EXACTLY how that situation should go!)

Bravo on that

(my review will continue with chapter 2 since I have limited space)
Kode'SkyBandit chapter 4 . 10/4/2008
thanks for the read, i'm going to read the sequel now
Nikoline91 chapter 4 . 3/12/2008
I thought this was great :D

You should definately write a sequel!
NeverForgiven chapter 4 . 3/5/2008
I wouldn't mind a sequel .

I'm gonna search for one real quick in fact. I'm not into the whole torture thing but there is so few kakashi/kabuto pairings and this is still a good story despite the torture/rape thing. Anyway, pretty well written though I found a few spelling/typos. The way you write seems pretty natural and generally flows well. very good work.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »