Reviews for Scoundrels
Okami-chan chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I read this on the recommendation of moosandra, and boy am I ever glad that I did!

I'll admit that at first it was a little confusing trying to figure out exactly what you were doing with it. However it turned out to be a *very* effective method of story telling. I guessed up until... um the 5th chapter? (the trial) and then it was finding out why he did it. and and... I think my sympathies lie the most with Leo, out of his fallen brothers. He had something horrible happen to him, and that was the only method he could find to cope (not that it was righ; Angel! APRIL! *cries*). At first I was furious with Don, because I thought he was betraying them. But he wasn't and no matter how long he was gone, there was no excuse for Splinter, or Mikey or especially RAPH to fall as they did.

Grammar wise... I think I saw a few shaky lines, but they didn't stand out enough for me to remember them (also, I realize this is an old work, and you might already know about them).

Thank you for sharing this story with us!
LadyDragonRain chapter 7 . 11/28/2007
Ha great story! I love it, especially your making Don the good one. :o) Wonderful writing the way you made us think he was the bad guy and then developed the story backwards to show us that he was indeed the good one. Well done.

A part of me finds it so hard to believe that the turtles could ever turn bad like that, no matter what happens to them; but that is no slight on your story, you make it believable. Two thumbs up!

Lady Rain
BelloftheSea chapter 7 . 9/12/2007
As much s I hate to see the turtles go bad, I really liked this story. The twists were great. I started out thinking that Don was the bad guy but you just flipped it all around, amazingly. Kinda depressing, but I like the epilogue alot and Kally is cool. It would be nice to see a sequel. I'd say you already set yourself up for one with the whole "what about when Mikey gets out" bit. But whether you continue this one or not I'll definately be looking into your other stories. Great Job!
freakanature06 chapter 7 . 8/29/2007
Ack! With the much loving of this fic! *huggles the fic*

There's no way I can say here all the random things going through my mind about it, so I'll just talk to you later about it! :D

But, for this, I'll just say:

OMG! So... freaking... AWESOME!

~ME~
vashsunglasses chapter 7 . 8/11/2007
Awesome story, and nice resolution. I'm glad Mikey only gets a few years in prison, maybe when he gets out he will have some better role models. It's cool that you didn't explain the FBI thing, just hearing what you told about what happened was enough.
Hack.Drawer chapter 7 . 8/10/2007
this was an amazing story! It was confusing adn well written, keeping up the suspense an intrigue until the very end. It was really sad and horrible to finally be exposed to what the family had done after D left. It was really sad to hear what happened to L; but the position R took was rather...fitting for him. I thought that was awesome. Everybody was so different from the norm; I had started to think that D was just as bad until the second to last chapter. But it was all just awesome-you've mad skillz. XD I would hope to see another story that relates to this one-it would be neat to see the family's reactions after all is said and done, and what D would do. But all in all-great story!
VGiselleH chapter 7 . 8/10/2007
And I guess that ends it. The very last bit made me laugh out loud as well by the way, lol. April lives on in Kally. It was a very fun story to read, unexpected twists and such _
Donny's Boy chapter 6 . 8/9/2007
To answer the Author's Note questions ... I had Don figured out around chapter 3 or 4, but in the first chapter I didn't even suspect that he wasn't the baddie.

I sympathized with Don and Casey, naturally, as well as Mikey and Splinter. Mikey, because he doesn't seem all the evil, just a bit jaded. Splinter, because he went through so much and seems so lost. I don't sympathize with Raph or Leo. Raph's way of telling Don about April ... he seemed to enjoy his brother's pain. And while Leo does have a traumatic backstory, I didn't "see" it and DID "see" Don's pain. So to me, even knowing what happened to him, Leo still just seems like a monster to me.

Lastly-and perhaps the epilogue will make this clearer-why is this story a parody?
VGiselleH chapter 6 . 8/9/2007
Wow... So in the end Don was the only good guy! When it started I was convinced he was the crazy criminal...but he wasn't. Aw, I feel so sorry for him. His insights and thoughts became clearer with each chapter, and it must have hurt him so much to first find out what happened to hs finally, then help the law to bring them down. Poor Don. I was kind of a shock to switch from feeling sorry for the guys for being betrayed by their brother, to feeling sorry for Don when knowing the whole truth. Raph has become very cold...and I do feel kind of sorry for Mikey. Splinter as well to a certain extent, he didn't have to crack like that when he still had his other sons. And Leo, wow. I'm curious what the epilogue will tell us, but right now I'm busy feeling sorry for Donnie, lol.
The Peanut Gallery chapter 6 . 8/9/2007
I'm sorry! I read the first two chapters when it originally came out, and it just didn't grab my attention. Don just kinda seemed... crazy. Now that I've caught up on the whole thing, I really do love it. Though Raph dealing drugs kinda seems off. I'da pegged him for something more physical. And I love Mikey.

I liked Leo's story with exception to the rape/woman-obsession thing. I really could see him going serial killer over all the petty criminals in NYC. Though that would put him at odds with his brothers if he targeted male criminals too now that I think about it. Hrm.

Enthusiastically awaiting your epilogue.
vashsunglasses chapter 6 . 8/9/2007
Great story, and honestly the only ones I sympathize with are Don, Casey, and Mikey. That stuff with Leo shocked the heck out of me, and Raph's attitude about it shocked me even more. Splinter just makes me sick (in a good story type way). Great story, I just want to know how Don ended up with the FBI and all that...
vashsunglasses chapter 5 . 8/3/2007
This story really has me guessing, though I have some ideas... Very interesting, I love the way you reveal things like the ring!
Hack.Drawer chapter 5 . 8/3/2007
wow...this is really confusing and intriguing at the same time! Is it just me, or is it really hard to tell wtf's going on? heh. It's all good. It has me really confused in a good way, and I can't wait to find out what the hell this is all about! Is everyone betraying each other? Why is S acting all...funky? And is D a good guy or bad guy? . What are they all doing? Hah. NEWay, great chapter. Can't and don't wanna see D smoking, but wth? Goes well with the story. Please hurry with the next!
Donny's Boy chapter 5 . 8/2/2007
It's a shame and travesty that this excellent story doesn't have more reviews. Maybe because of the rating? Hmm.

There's a lot to like here. First of all, the italicized mini-prologues are all perfectly utilized. Excellent stylistic choice. Creates a feeling of foreboding, I think. Also, I enjoy the uncertainty and the way the story's progressed-in Chapter 1 I was sure Don was the bad guy, by Chapter 3 I started to wonder if he wasn't, and here in Chapter 5 I'm still not entirely SURE. I love how the ground's constantly shifting under my feet.
VGiselleH chapter 4 . 7/31/2007
Wow, well, Splinter has changed! And he's very creepy...and sad. Don sure succeeded in creating a nervous twitch as he calls it, because he's doing it even when nobody's watching him! I'm even more curious towards the ending now.