Reviews for The name is Potter Black!
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 12/24/2017
"... although Ron and Neville had come out a little worse of wear, Harry knew that standing up for Malfoy meant a lot to Neville." This is a small nitpick, but it is an important one, as it changes the meaning in a way I don't think you mean to do. "Standing up FOR Malfoy" means supporting him and being on his side in a confrontation. "Standing up TO Malfoy" means standing against him and possibly even supporting his rival. A very small word, in this case, can really change the meaning dramatically.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 12/24/2017
"If you are looking for a light cute sort of comedy with some small angst you are very welcome and I hope I can be a relief in stressful days." Regardless of what the purists say, there are times when a bit of "light and fluffy" can be very soothing. I've definitely had a lot of those times lately, and I often look to stories by Teddylonglong (formerly Healer Pomfrey) to soothe my tattered nerves.

Obviously, I enjoy finding others who write "gentler" stories, too. I am enjoying your stories, especially, because I happen to like the Marauders, and Remus and Sirius have been heavily featured, thus far.

Apologies to Snape fans, but I consider him a miserable human being and a rotten teacher, based on my own 27 years in the classroom. IMO, Snape is brilliant, but he needs to wear a large warning label that says "Danger: Should not be exposed to children under 17." I think he is perfect for older students who are making dangerous NEWT-level potions. As recognized adults, they are (or should be) old enough to deal with his acid personality; and his stringent rules will keep them on their toes in the lab.

Younger children need their confidence strengthened, not eroded. They also need to learn that adults can also be fair and helpful; otherwise, they will never trust them seek their help, even when they desperately need it. It is possible to be stringent yet fair and helpful - a combination that will allow the "Harry and Neville types" to flower as students, because they know the "Malfoy types" will be fairly disciplined for their dirty deeds.

Having said the above, I am certainly willing to put aside my feelings about Snape - "willing suspension of disbelief" - and accept that you have given him a personality transplant for the purposes of your story. After all, if one can't accept AU, then fanfic is not going to be especially enjoyable, as most of it makes at least some changes to canon.

I confess, I'm weary of Draco.
kkarrot chapter 2 . 4/1/2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2016
I really love your fics but you should get someone to check them over before publishing.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/17/2016
Soooooooo good! I love this fanfic so much! The only thing is, I recommend having someone proofread your work before publishing, as I found several grammar and spelling errors. Still, really good!
Child of Dreams chapter 40 . 11/21/2016
It's "Kedavra", not " Kedrava".
MoonChild913 chapter 17 . 11/8/2016
I really really like this! You are a great writer! I just posted my first fanfiction and I was wondering if you would be willing to critique it? I only mean this as the highest form of flattery and was only asking because I really admire your writing! If you don't have time or don't want to that is fine.
MoonChild913 chapter 11 . 11/8/2016
Just wondering but, what does Remus teach?
Pureblood Mask chapter 35 . 10/31/2016
i thought "red hair" was ginny haha
Pureblood Mask chapter 29 . 10/30/2016
oh my gog they tried to set them up together to sleep together I CANT
KTapering chapter 14 . 10/13/2016
My favorite part was when Ron said to Sirius "Because you are a skeptic...sir" XD
KTapering chapter 10 . 10/13/2016
Keep calm andr drive to Hogwarts (Un clásico!)
Guest chapter 35 . 5/30/2016
you are amazing
nanaeleanor chapter 41 . 4/28/2016
Nice alternative reality. Plenty of excitement. I like how you make sure the main events occur like they were demanded by fate, but in a different way. Clever.
nanaeleanor chapter 22 . 4/27/2016
One of the things I like about this fic is that you never neglect to have the characters do what would be expected from wizards capable of magic. Often in stories a reader finds herself wondering why didnt they do this or that which seems so obvious. Like in bad situations when they could apparate or put a house under a Fidelius or many other easy options. I understand that a writer needs for things to go wrong and create tension, but it can make a story unbelievable and I think that is lazy writing. Here you make the wizards smart and they consult each other. They do what smart wizards would do to protect Harry and each other. I like it. It makes the plot stronger. Kudos.
2,093 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »