Reviews for The name is Potter Black!
harryislife chapter 45 . 7/25
Really good, loved the idea.
Aries Christensen chapter 36 . 7/10
Huh. but you do not change back from polyjuice when you die. You stay in the body you looked like.
Gok105 chapter 13 . 7/1
Incredible story, I am really enjoying it!
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 6/27
So ... Will anyone figure out that Moody is an imposter? How long will it take? (Of course, I'm ASSUMING it's still Moody this time around.) It will be easier if Harry actually knows Moody and feels his behavior is "off." Remus's heightened senses, too, should help. He knows Moody and would be able to detect the wrong "scent" as well as the "aroma" of Polyjuice, which is apparently rather smelly.

I've read several stories which cast Ted and Andromeda as attorneys, and I think it fits well. Ted's background as a Muggleborn means they can handle both magical and non-magical clients - as well as "crossover" cases that affect both worlds. I've also read stories that cast Andi as a healer, a potions mistress (who has taken over for Snape in "evil Snape" stories), and Binns's replacement in magical history.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 6/27
"Remus translating for the Bulgarian Minister was inspired by "Trials of a Champion" by Ksomm814, but unlike her I am evil, and let Fudge continue making a fool of himself even after the game." That's not being evil; you were simply providing full disclosure of the facts and allowing the reader to reach his own conclusions. *smirk*

It's amusing to see the DEs panicking at the idea of someone sending up the Dark Mark. Why are they so afraid? Are they worried that crazy Bella will come after them to exact some justice for proclaiming the Imperius to get out of going to Azkaban?

I wonder who will take Winky this time around.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 6/27
"A/N- I moved the dream on the timeline because I wanted Severus to be the one there." Really, he's the most appropriate one, IMO. He's more familiar with how Voldy would act, even if he was in some strange kind of body. He knows Nagini and how she acts, and he at least has a clue to how Voldy thinks. He even has his own connection to Voldy, so he can compare how it feels to what Harry is experiencing. More importantly for Harry, he is more likely to be honest. He will admit if he is only speculating, but he doesn't just say nothing because he isn't positive or thinks Harry is too young to know what is happening. It IS Harry's life and experiences, after all. Not telling him opens the door to having him act in a panic. Dumbles tends to withhold information, and we all know how well that worked out in canon.
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 6/27
Petunia is a truly disgusting human being. It's lucky she and Vernon found one another ... and spared two decent people from inadvertently getting mixed up with either of them. I know one thing: Vernon wouldn't have to push too hard for Snape to take him to task over his treatment of Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 6/27
LOL at Snape's interior commentary during his visit to the Malfoys. He certainly baited that little trap very neatly by suggesting Draco might possibly be in danger from Bella ... while technically saying exactly the opposite. Is he hoping to make Lucius paranoid enough that he will figure a way protect Draco by taking Bella out himself? That would certainly tidy things up considerably.

I wonder how Peter managed to get in to the castle.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 6/27
LOL! Sirius's idea of The Talk is repeating the words to an old Percy Sledge song? Hehe! Perhaps Remus would be the more appropriate person for this particular task ... or even Ted. Usually, Sirius really gets into the spirit of The Talk, like he did in Bobmin356's "Power of the Press." That was hilarious.

So Snape's animagus form is a wolf? I'm not sure why that would be cause for teasing or embarrassment. I know Patronus forms can represent an emotional tie to someone else, but that isn't usually true with Animagus forms in the stories I've read thus far. Perhaps it's connected to the Werewof Incident from their past.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 6/26
We know that Dumbledore knew about the Horcruxes at least as early as the end of Harry's second year, yet he didn't attempt to destroy any for three more years. Did he attempt to find them or just chase leads and speculate? The way he revealed the info to Harry was sort of like a game, if you ask me. He led Harry through hoops. A lot of time might have been saved if he had just TOLD Harry what he knew - what he suspected them to be and where he thought they might be. Ditto the Hallows.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 6/26
"We were all working on opening a passage and suddenly Professor Lupin disappears. Pop, like he just Disapparated."

"You can't Apparate or Disapparate inside of Hogwarts grounds," Hermione said.
For the most part, I like Hermione (unless I'm REALLY not meant to by the authors); but she has a couple of traits that drive me crazy, like this one. Instead of asking, or saying "I thought you couldn't ...," she sees something happen - or hears an eye-witness report and proceeds to say that it can't be done when it obviously has just happened. For heaven's sake! She lives in a magical, sentient castle and should know that sometimes Hogwarts herself will override "the rules," if lives are at stake. Other biggies are getting in Harry's face and demanding to know his business (whether it concerns her or not), or huffing and pouting because she is unable to read someone's family Grimoire (which, again, is none of her business). Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a rant.

Well, at least they know what they're facing now. That puts them far ahead of the game. Two down, five to go. I wonder ... Will they seek Goblin help for Harry's Horcrux? At least Sirius is head of house Black, so perhaps he can get the Horcrux out of Bella's vault. Now ... What will happen third year? If it's still Dementors, I guess Peter escapes. *sigh*
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 6/26
I've never understood Justin's response. No matter who has written the story - Jo or a fan - the snake is going after Justin and only stops when Harry speaks to it. It should be clear to even the stupidest person in the castle that Harry SAVED Justin; he didn't set the snake on him. Why doesn't someone address this?

I wonder how having the support of Sirius and Remus on hand in the castle will affect Harry's responses to the problems caused by Ginny and the Basilisk. I suppose Lucius will out Remus this time?
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 6/26
ROTFL! The flying motorcycle is way cooler than the flying car! I suppose Ron is sitting in the sidecar. Oh, I guess there isn't one. Bummer! I always think they look so fun. I was going to say Harry should just land on top of the train, but I guess that wouldn't work with them going through tunnels and under bridges. Too bad ...

It's odd about parents and younger sibs being trapped on the platform. Yours is the first story I've ever read to do that. I could understand trapping them on the platform until the train left, but forcing them onto the train is odd. I'm also surprised that they are squashed onto the train. One would think that a magical train would just expand to accommodate everyone.

Both Sirius and Remus can send messenger Patronuses, so they should have been able to have someone from Hogwarts - or even an Auror - at the entrance in a few minutes, before the train left. They could also have sent Hedwig to Harry with a message to stay put, but they didn't think of it. They are just as silly as the boys under pressure. Well, the year's off to a fun start. (Not!)
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 6/26
Lucius is just such an arse. There's something about him that always reminds me of Scar from The Lion King. I wonder how long it will take Sev to put Dobby together with the Malfoys. It shouldn't be hard, if he stops to think of which Dark homes (they would have to be Dark, given Dobby's warning and behaviors) he has visited on some sort of social basis often enough that an elf seems familiar.

LOL at the Twins' hero-worshipping of the Marauders!
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 6/26
It would be interesting to know how old Fenrir Greyback really was. Remus looked sickly and worn at age 33 when Harry first saw him on the Hogwarts Express (fall 1993). Wolfsbane was invented sometime in the mid-to-late 70s, according to most sites I checked. That would probably mean he had only occasional access to it (whenever he happened to be employed, which was sporadic, at best) sometime after leaving Hogwarts.

We know the transformations were horrible and painful, and Remus underwent them for approximately 10-12 years before Wolfsbane was invented. That would leave another 15-20 years when he had only sporadic access, and the Lycanthropy had taken a hard toll on his body.

Assuming Greyback never took Wolfsbane, his body had to be far more battered than Lupin's, unless Voldemort strengthened him magically in some way ... which can't be discounted. After all, he and the Weres who followed Voldemort forced partial transformations even without the full moon. Did they receive some sort of potions or charms help? Theoretically, if he was just doing this on his own, his body should be starting to feel the effects of years of transformations unaided by Wolfsbane. He might have looked MUCH older than his real age. He could have been as young as 20 when he bit Remus - remember that Voldy liked to surround himself with those young, powerful, reckless types when he was beginning to gather followers. I would say 50-60 sounds about right for a current age. It really makes his "taste" in youthful victims sound even more "pervy," doesn't it? **gagging**

What if Harry had simply remained in his common room, like he promised Sirius, Remus, and Severus? We're there other things that could have prevented Quirrell from getting the Stone? I liked another of your stories (I think it was yours) that had power-draining runes in the room with the mirror that kicked in after someone had been there for five minutes. That would have worked nicely.

Why were children made to believe that they had a ghost of a chance against an evil wizard? This is a critical question, because it is at the root of all of the chances Harry takes.
2,071 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »