Reviews for The name is Potter Black!
you are amazing
nanaeleanor chapter 41 . 4/28
Nice alternative reality. Plenty of excitement. I like how you make sure the main events occur like they were demanded by fate, but in a different way. Clever.
nanaeleanor chapter 22 . 4/27
One of the things I like about this fic is that you never neglect to have the characters do what would be expected from wizards capable of magic. Often in stories a reader finds herself wondering why didnt they do this or that which seems so obvious. Like in bad situations when they could apparate or put a house under a Fidelius or many other easy options. I understand that a writer needs for things to go wrong and create tension, but it can make a story unbelievable and I think that is lazy writing. Here you make the wizards smart and they consult each other. They do what smart wizards would do to protect Harry and each other. I like it. It makes the plot stronger. Kudos.
nanaeleanor chapter 23 . 4/27
I think wizards can be the same animal whether in Patronus or Animagus form because otherwise they would run out of animals to be. However, each one would be different looking. For instance both McGonagall and Umbridge had cat Patronuses, but were different and likely recognizable to others. Lily was not an Animagus, but they would all have seen her Patronus at some point. And there is a possibility that her Patronus form changed after she was with James. After all, Severus' Patronus changed to a doe after she died. It was never made clear whether or not one's Patronus and Animagus forms were normally the same. We were told that being an Animagus was rare and that even most adult wizards had difficulty with the Patronus charm as well. There is a lot of wiggle room here for the fanfic writer to make up their own rules. Personally I don't find the stag a very useful form. One can't sneak around very well or be as effective in battle. As a symbolic device of course, it's priceless. I like when Harry is a falcon or some other raptor. Since he loves flying and is such a natural flyer, it always seems apropos. Plus an excellent way to escape a sticky situation. My all time favorite Animagus form in fanfic is in a story by DobbyElfLord called Altered Destinies. I won't give it away as it's such a good laugh, but I will say I am referring to the form young Tom Riddle takes when a time traveling Harry teaches him. It's one of the best. Getting back to your story, I wonder if Snapes Patronus will change to be a wolf after he masters his Animagus form.
nanaeleanor chapter 7 . 4/25
No need to worry about your choices. This is your fic and you can make your characters be any way you want. I think it's weird when readers complain about things being "different." Fan fic is not canon. Otherwise we could just keep rereading the original books. Anyway, your story is nice with a very sweet, lovable Harry. It warms the heart to imagine him growing up loved by so many. The characters all seem pretty loving and good but not syrupy or silly. Good job. One complaint...loads of typos and misspellings,etc. quite a lot.
JazMitch chapter 45 . 4/18
Words can't possibly describe how perfect this story is. I laughed and cried and sat on the edge of my seat for practically every chapter! I can't wait to start the sequel. Such an amazing read, and I'm sure I'm going to spend ample time believing this is all canon! Lol!

Thank you so much for sharing!
Molly2471 chapter 23 . 3/23
I've read this story before, but I never finished it. I couldn't remember why, until I reached this chapter again. Seeing that you made Harry's patronus a stag is so idiotic and predictable that it bothers me more than it probably should. A stag doesn't fit Harry's personality at all and it's so lazy, it saves you the trouble of having to take a look at who Harry really is. So I'll stop reading here again, Harry is already ooc enough and this is just the last straw.
listless27 chapter 45 . 3/5
Great fic! Loved it!
Spent all day reading this story
Fabulos
I laughed
Cried
IT was great
Cant wait to read more of ur work
sakuyahime1994 chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
who is Aunt Andy?
harryislife chapter 45 . 7/25/2015
Really good, loved the idea.
Aries Christensen chapter 36 . 7/10/2015
Huh. but you do not change back from polyjuice when you die. You stay in the body you looked like.
Gok105 chapter 13 . 7/1/2015
Incredible story, I am really enjoying it!
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 6/27/2015
So ... Will anyone figure out that Moody is an imposter? How long will it take? (Of course, I'm ASSUMING it's still Moody this time around.) It will be easier if Harry actually knows Moody and feels his behavior is "off." Remus's heightened senses, too, should help. He knows Moody and would be able to detect the wrong "scent" as well as the "aroma" of Polyjuice, which is apparently rather smelly.

I've read several stories which cast Ted and Andromeda as attorneys, and I think it fits well. Ted's background as a Muggleborn means they can handle both magical and non-magical clients - as well as "crossover" cases that affect both worlds. I've also read stories that cast Andi as a healer, a potions mistress (who has taken over for Snape in "evil Snape" stories), and Binns's replacement in magical history.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 6/27/2015
"Remus translating for the Bulgarian Minister was inspired by "Trials of a Champion" by Ksomm814, but unlike her I am evil, and let Fudge continue making a fool of himself even after the game." That's not being evil; you were simply providing full disclosure of the facts and allowing the reader to reach his own conclusions. *smirk*

It's amusing to see the DEs panicking at the idea of someone sending up the Dark Mark. Why are they so afraid? Are they worried that crazy Bella will come after them to exact some justice for proclaiming the Imperius to get out of going to Azkaban?

I wonder who will take Winky this time around.
2,081 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »