Reviews for By Who's Grace?
laurieglory chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
I like it. Little twist to the story regarding Mary and the yellow eyed demon's origin. Very creative. Keep up the great writing :)
BlaBlaBla chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Wow...just wow.

I had no idea where this was going in the beginning, I was so confused. But...DAY-UM, this was sooo cool... This was similar to the Great Works I have to read for school, just very poetic, very philosophical...fantastic job, really, this was increadible.

Amazing work!

ash
vegeta's chew-toy chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wow...just wow. This was beautiful.
Hail chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
A beautifully written one shot.
Gwenyth Hunter chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
That was so amazing. I like that take on who Mary might have been before she died. What an awesome concept. And although I would love to see you expand on this, it's absolutely beautiful as it stands.
Esquimaux chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
haha! good job! thanks for writing it! it was great!

ID
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
... wow. That is _awesome_.
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
This story is absolutely breathtaking.

Your description of The Woman shedding the last vestiges of The Angel was stunning. That she should find John as her first human contact so soon after The Dog showed up makes you wonder just who the Brother's target originally was.

The death of The Woman and her return as an Angel to stand beside her graveside with the two males she loves is intriguing, in the least.

“Well. If I was going around doing God’s work, I certainly wouldn’t be announcing it, now would I?"

“That’s convenient.”

Anne could see her argument was unconvincing to Dean, but Sam sat quietly, absorbing her words.

“Look out. Watch for the dog,”

“So you would only believe in angels if they came to you in a haze of glowing light?”

Dean’s face was poker cool...“Don’t forget the singing choir. That would really cinch it for me.”

“Watch out. Dog.”

“So do you really think that angels are going around disguised as normal everyday people?”

“Why not? Hasn’t anyone ever done something kind for you? Given you shelter? Respite? A second chance?”

“Those were just people,” Dean bit out, and Anne smiled serenely.

“Dog.”

Ok, Sam she won over, but Dean, he needs more than faith. He needs to see, to touch before he believes.

“Sammy, no. God, no Sam.”

At the edges of his vision he could see silver wings curl themselves around them, sheltering them from the world. He ignored the impossibility of it...

And maybe he could let himself believe..

How many times had the Impala driven down that road to tragedy before the Angel left them with a physical reminder and a vague memory? I LOVED the feather! Dean's glare. Sam's awe. The sheer audacity of it!

Dean knew that Sam would once again resume praying daily...Sam knew that Dean would reorganize his mental lists, moving angels off the bull crap one permanently.

This story is so full of love in it's purest form. Brother/sister, brother/brother, man/woman, mother/child.

Wonderful job! Thank You.

Cat

Favorite lines;

*..she could see the beauty that was purely his own, hidden beneath scarred shields so old that they must have been constructed in childhood.

*Tears flowed from the female’s eyes and somewhere babies wept.

*“Don’t overwork the hamster, Sammy. We might need him later.”

*Dean glanced over at Sam, full of laughter. They shared a moment that a stranger, someone who wasn’t family, could never be a part of.
Alantie Mistaniu chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Totally love it. This is beyond awesome. I'm asuming Marianne is Sam and Dean's mommy Mary? _ Me and my friend have actually been discussing the idea of Mary being an angel. . . Anyway, the fic was incredible. :D
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
I find this fic fascinating. I love things that explore the "good" side of the supernatural-it has to be out there, and I wish the boys would struggle with it more than they do. This fic is carefully woven together in a way that makes it rather beautiful.

Good job!
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
(mouth hanging open)

Oh this... this was just an amazing read.

I love the different frames of the crash... I loved the small bit with John.

And I loved this line: "“Don’t overwork the hamster, Sammy. We might need him later.”"