Reviews for Comparisons
Marzipan77 chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Wow - this is perfect. Pointed. Just the right tone for the Daniel of this reality. It really hits you right in the gut, how Daniel deals with the differences and his own choices.

Really, beautifully done!
Thraesja chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Holy bittersweetness. Very nice tag, Rat. I love that each reality has its own set of victories and pain. You captured the alternate SG-1's longing to help their Daniel beautifully, from Sam studying this Daniel's hand, to Jack counting the journals and Teal'c's noting that Daniel's soul is uncorrupted. And the ending is lovely. Daniel doesn't need or want to know what could have been done differently, just that in some other reality Sha're is safe. No wonder the alternate Daniel didn't choose to die.

Well done!
MuseUrania chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Bittersweet. :)
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Very good.
abydonian chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
great story. I myself have wondered if the events of 'Meridian' played out the same in other realities. nice writing for the Daniel character. I'm sure he would do anything if he could have Sha're back. very well done.
Khentkawes chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
That was fabulous!

You write the alternate team very well, capturing their longing to understand and correct what they see as a "mistake." But of course, the mistake can't be fixed, because it isn't really a mistake, just a different choice.

The last two sentences are wonderful and really show Daniel's maturity and depth. He doesn't need to know specifics, and he seems to understand that he can't be jealous of another reality that has its own set of problems.

This is definitely one of the most thoughtful episode tags for Ripple Effect that I've seen.
Nighshae chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Good story, very, very different.