Reviews for Zak
MEL chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
That was just...:Sigh:
Mikki chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
your right i should have read the other one first, coz i was so totally lost with the whole grandma bit, i thought u were saying that laura was lee's mum, especially with the part about zak and her thinking that it was the name that her and bill had picked out which completely sent me into confusion and then at the end is said she was his grandmother because she loved his grandfather and at that point i gave up, but never the less i like it it was good
miss mcGonagle chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
“Tell the Quorum, and the press, that you’re Zak’s grandmother because you’re in love with his grandfather,”

Do you see that puddle on the floor? That's me. I melted at that line right there.

Brilliant stuff here. Really.
Bacca chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
I really like the dynamics of the characters...Good job
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
This year's award for the best use of the word hindrance goes to you!:

“If there is something on Galactica that requires such urgent presence from you, then obviously we should know about it,” the hindrance replied.

This was a lovely story. I wasn't certain, at first, where you were going with things, and thought this might be a totally unrelated story from what you'd written earlier. I had all kind sof questions running around my head wondering what was going on (the opening, by the way, was excellent. I like being dropped into the middle of things).

You did a nice job with little touches in this one: their earlier conversation popping up in her mind, Bill keeping his hand on the small of her back, her happiness, the little movements of embarrassment, the observations that they'd been looking more like a couple, even, than usual. It was all very, very nice.

And you did a wonderful moment with the baby's name. That was awesome. It was a very warm, nice beat.

Lee and Dee's shared amusement and their insistence that they were just waiting for an announcement from the grandparents was cute.

I liked your way of terming the 'yet' of their affair in your last story, and seeing it again in this made for perfect continuity. I liked that, because there's such a core of truth in it.

The scene in Bill's quarters was lovely and gentle and everything anyone would want it to be - including the initial sense of anticipation at the very beginning!

My favourite lines from this were:

“If they’d used the ‘completely unrelated’ argument: I’d have married you,” he said, matter-of-factly, before raising his glass to his lips.

“Would I have had a say in that?” Laura asked, amused, and a little giddy, at the thought.

Bill looked thoughtful for a second and then said, “Probably not.”

That made me smile. I liked his assuredness!

I love, love, love that it was Bill who asked first. Totally love that. And his reason was so Bill: direct and simple.

Thank you for a heart-warming story. These were all lovely, feel-good stories in a usually angst-ridden BSG world, and I enjoyed them thoroughly! Please don't take long to post again - happy or sad, 'cause from you I know I'll enjoy whatever.
Lady Henrietta chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
I can't believe no one's reviews this yet. It's absolutely adorable. I love Lee and Dee calling Laura 'Grandma' and how Laura finally acquiesced to discuss why she and Bill should have a relationship. Nice Job.