Reviews for The Second Voice
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Hello Angie. I saw your name on somebody’s favorite author list. I believe it was CultNirvana’s… And I thought, “Wow, what a neat name”, so I decided to check out your work. Found quite a few interesting-sounding stories, and will read most of them soon.

First of all, this is such a coincidence, and very intriguing, because I have been thinking for a few days of buckling down and writing a Pokémon fic. I’ve been reading in this fandom for about …oh, six months, but haven’t been writing for it. I have so many ideas, and at work today, I was thinking about anorexia and bulimia. I decided to myself that, just like you did!- Misty would definitely do something like that to herself, if she believed it would get Ash to like her.

Acceptance can be hard to come by when you’re a little unsure of yourself. When people tell you you’re ugly, and you don’t know why. When you love to eat (I’m 1pounds, and five feet tall, and I eat all the time!), but you’re afraid you can tip that scale any time… when you’re not sure when that metabolism you’ve loved for X amount of years will suddenly stop working…

Personally, I’ve never had trouble with bulimia or anorexia. But they are a subject that has always intrigued me. I decided to do a little more research before writing an anorexic/bulimic fic of my own. And lo-and-behold, I find your story.

You should have warned of bulimia (throwing up your food to get thinner), and not just anorexia (not eating to get thinner, or eating too little). But nevertheless, this was a pretty good story.

Misty’s thoughts made perfect sense, and I really felt for her throughout this short little piece. The title was lovely, and the ending, though bittersweet and beautiful, is not what I was expecting. The promise of saving grace, in the form of a young man who cares for this woman who has become someone else by starving herself… But as a reader, we’ll never know how it turns out. I guess we could use our imagination!

Thanks for doing a story on such a delicate subject. I don’t know if you did a lot of research, but I can tell that you did, at the least, a little bit of it. And if you read my bio here, you’ll see I’m especially critical on stories that deal with things like rape, bulimia, anorexia, cutting, and rape.

It could use a little editing to fix a few spelling and grammatical errors, but other than that, it truly shines here at FFN! Thanks so much for doing this, again. Wonderful work.

-Manna (Kitten Kisses)
animedynasty chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
...wow...that was such a...touching story.

i'm kinda speechless right now...*shakes head and mutters*

great job though.
Kay chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
omg..your right about the voices...i wish more people understood about them and how to help people with would make my life eiser.i loved your fic and apreciate you for writing only there was someone to save us..like ash saved misty..ohh well write more!im countin on ya for more ash/misty!
jesse chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
I doubt that Misty would do that. She's already really skinny and she knows that.
Fletset chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
o.o So realistic...
Warlordess chapter 1 . 10/18/2002
This story was kind of sad, but it had a lot of truth in it. i often feel the way Misty did in this and I know that when things can go too far sometimes you need to hear the person say the words for you to actually believe it. Though this story is sad and depressing, I love it a lot and feel that you should-even though it might effect someone-write some more like this.

If possible, please send one to my e-mail if you feel uncomfortable with others hearing it.
tehMimo chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
That was so sad...
GameGuardian2x chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
The idiot that i am, i posted my review of this fic on the review board for "I need you forever" Argh, but any way 1000/10 for the courage to speak out about this
DarkRainbow chapter 1 . 9/25/2001
OMG! O-M-G! I LOVE this! ;) I can't believe I never read this before now! Lots and lots and LOTS of angst *so* well written! Lots of emotions and again, lots of angst! ;) Your best story I've read so far IMO! (haven't read them all yet, but I'm on my way!) _
Silver Winged ShininoTenshi chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
That was really REALLY GREAT! I was speed reading, so, I'll have to go over and read it again. _;; Sorry, but it's DIFFENTLY on my favs!
Glitcher chapter 1 . 9/21/2001
Ahhh, finally I managed to get round to reading a story belonging to one of 's most renowned pokémon authors. Having heard some good things about you, Angie, I thought I might as well have a look at your fics. Well for a first impression of your work, I have to say this is top stuff! A pokémon fic about Anorexia, eh? I gotta hand it to you, I never thought anyone would try something like that. But you’ve pulled it off very well indeed. It was very emotional and depressing. Gorgeously written too. Misty’s unnoticed cries of help really touched me, and I can tell you must have been touched yourself by that article on Anorexia. All in all, and excellent fic. I’m considering adding you to my favourites list, but first I need to see if your other fics are just as good. Are there any you would like to suggest for me to read?
Dragkonias chapter 1 . 9/14/2001
Sad story. And I agree it is a very serious matter.
Crystal Kitten chapter 1 . 9/4/2001
it was good
Elizabeth M. Potter chapter 1 . 9/2/2001
I almost cried 'cause I had a friend that sort of went through a similar situation. I am very proud of this fic. I just loved it. And it is true, young teens may at any time go through this. I am looking forward to read more of your fanfics. ja ne!
flaming ice chapter 1 . 8/31/2001
Wow. Angie, you rock. Very few fanfic writers tackle heavy things like this. Well done on an incredibly cool fanfic
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »