Reviews for Living in a Shadow
Niwaki chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
nice please continue this soon
Reviewer chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
Well, it was an interesting concept and a unique story idea in this fandom.

I thought Yuuta's portrayal was OK, but Ryoma (and Fuji at the end) was OOC. Ryoma doesn't care what other people think and doesn't see himself in anyone's shadow. He just wants to beat his dad, which is not the same as feeling inferior to him. That's how Ryoma and Yuuta are different and were contrasted in the manga.

Fuji is not so protective of Yuuta either that he would go all maternal and stay up all night cooking a buffet.

Anyway, good try. I like how you explored relationships other than romance in this.
Tuli-Susi chapter 4 . 1/24/2008
...that was...rather anticlimactic...

But in all honesty, I could not have thought of a better ending. It just seemed to ...'fit'. It was short, it was relatively sweet and to top it off, in character. I really did love it.
Tressa chapter 4 . 1/24/2008
Very nice ending. I love how Yuuta more or less worked things out with Fuji. Enough to eat his wasabi sandwich. And drink Inui juice. Great job. And Ryoma? Well, the boy still has a lot to work on but it looks as though he'll be alright as well. Thanks for this great story.
Tressa chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
I thought the conversation was well written and it would flow like this. Their comments and reactions to each other are very in character. I really enjoyed this chapter and am looking forward to more.
Tuli-Susi chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
You updated, you updated, you updated!

*dances around the room ccrazily*

I LOVE this story, cos no matter how similar these two are, no-one seems to expound on that fact while we have some of the craziest pairings in this fandom!

I'm just sad that it's only going to be 4 chapters long...

I think you were right not to write about emotions. I can't imagine either of those two doing anything like that - with friends, sibling or parents...actually...they may think a lot about it, but they wouldn't say such a thing out loud, no matter how obvious YUUTA is about it.

I'll wait (un)patiently for the finale!

Oh, and I'm planning on a Yuuta Ryoma romance. I know it's probably whacked, but if People can pair up Sanada and Kajimoto who haven't even SEEN each other, then I can pair up Ryoma and Yuuta who have a common bond!
acantabloom chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
This is interesting and very well written. Ryoma and Yuuta certainly do have a fair bit in common. However, I feel like you might be portraying Ryoma as a little too angsty. Yuuta obviously has a real complex about being in his brother's shadow, but Ryoma doesn't seem the type to care how he is seen. I can see him being frustrated with not being able to beat his father (like Yuuta probably can't beat his brother), or irritated with his habits, though. I also feel like you make Nanjirou sound a bit too neglectful...I mean, sure, he's not a model father, but he really cares about Ryoma and his tennis (didn't he even quit his own career to focus on him?)

I'm glad to see Yuuta get some attention, though.
nlblake chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
It really was short, but perhaps that's only the desire for more speaking ;-)

Even though it has been some time I still recognized your story at once(...and that's quite unusual considering how many fanfictions I have read i this year alone).

I still like your style and how you portray those two.
WalkingWithWater chapter 2 . 12/10/2007
update soon!
DarkAngel048 chapter 2 . 11/24/2007
good fic.
nameless chapter 2 . 10/6/2007
Oh please update soon!The story just so interesting! Please continue!I'll be waiting!
nlblake chapter 2 . 9/29/2007
Did you know your story is the only one listed in the Ryoma/Yuuta section? Anyway, I'm glad I found it, I like your style and how you keep both boys IC. I think your descriptions of how they are practically choking on their emotions are very spot on.
happyymint chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
I never noticed how similar they were! _ Update soon!
disneyrulz23 chapter 2 . 8/15/2007
interesting plz continue
Dirtberry chapter 2 . 8/6/2007
YOU've gotta continue this fic! it's going very well, and so far I've taken a liking to this more than just a little. (okay - ALOT! glomps you wholeheartedly like kikumaru-sempai. hee)

I've never thought about a plausible friendship between Yuuta and Echizen, but now that you've put it this way, it's very possible, and it's funny how I haven't seen it before until you pointed it out to me. You're right about both of them living in shadows - it's a good start to how they actually find themselves connecting to each other better in this way.

(: When Ryoma called Yuuta "yuuta-sempai", that one brought a smile to my face. And don't get me wrong, I love Fuji and heart him wholeheartedly here, but it's so easy to understand how Yuuta feels towards his older brother - it's not a nice feeling, that's for certain.

story alerted...so please do continue this!