Reviews for In Memoriam
Becky621 chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
I enjoyed both of the first two chapters. The one about George's grief was fitting to who both he and Fred were. And the chapter about Colin was wonderful. The photographs truly did capture who Colin was, the joy and enthusiasm he felt to be a wizard and attend Hogwarts. Neville truly proved himself a Gryffindor in book 7, and his tribute to Colin was heartfelt in your story.
dolphingirl375 chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
Really good job on both chapters. I was devastated by Fred's death and wanted more about how his family, George in particular, dealt with it. Chapter one was awesome-all the pranks at the funeral, priceless and perfect! Your story filled in some of the emptiness. Made me cry then laugh then smile. (Still sad though).

Chapter two-wonderful! Neville finally came into his own in 'Deathly Hallows' and poor Colin... Your D.A. remembrance of Colin with all the pictures was just lovely, "picture perfect" as it were. Thanks for highlighting two of the lesser characters from the books (Neville should have had a much bigger part all along).

I'm looking forward to reading more...
MBP chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Ok, I had to submit a review for chapter 1 if for only one line. You can't even know what this did to me:

"He had stood with Ron and Hermione, Ginny and Harry, as they stared down at the body, tears streaming from the girls faces, and even Ron taking the occasional swipe at his eyes."

Nothing has ever made me want to hug Ron more. (Well, maybe the chapter when he stabbed the locket. But still. Great job.)
MBP chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
I can't believe you didn't like this chapter as much as the first one. Granted, I also LOVED the first one, but this one might have made me cry even more. You captured the essence of both Neville and Collin in here (and the one moment you have of Ginny and Ron in front of the twins' pictures was enough to reduce me to tears as it is). Just one question... wasn't Fred also a member of the D.A.? I'm pretty sure both twins were. Regardless... you did a phenomenal job with this. I can't wait to read more.
Kaleyanne chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
Colin is a personal favorite of mine (I thought he was sweet), and his death was finally what got me to cry while reading the book, so seeing some fic about him is certainly appreciated. And a sweet fic it was, too. I thought it was original and well-written, and used some personal favorite characters... Just, really well-done.

Also enjoyed previous chapter. Overall, really sweet fics.
forestwife chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
this was absolute genius! It made me cry (which doesn't happen very often, so congratulations!) and then it made me laugh! (even better!)

I loved Fred and George, and I reckon that this is exactly what poor Fred's funeral would've been like. Couldn't have had it without a prank!
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
I just wanted to let you know that I was really really upset after reading Fred's death in the book, but this story made me feel so much better about it. At the beginning I was really teary but by the end I was cracking up. Awesome story, I loved it, you really made my day! :D
ice-connoisseur chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Now that was inspried - I liked! Write more!

Emma
The Sushi Monster chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Well, I loved this. Yeah, this topic is quite popular, but you did an excellent job with it. *alerts*

Looking forward to the other one-shots.
amy chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
i like it!
Moosecoo9 chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Great.
bonnie-incognito chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
That made me cry! So sad... I think you should do Narcissa or Voldemort's POV of Bella's death, 'cos Voldemort was SO angry when she died. Or Dobby's POV of his own death... that made me cry too, during his little funeral in the book! Someone's view of Remus and Tonks? Hagrid's POV of Harry's "death"! That would be so cool! Please do something on Bellatrix; she was such a wonderful character, but JK never really developed her into anything more than a helpful extra... I was really dissapointed at that actually. And her death! Nowhere near dramatic or drawn-out enough. Do you agree? There's loads of fics about her, but none of her really doing her thing, just mostly snogging people! Anyway, fantastic writing, more soon! :)
SomethingLikeThis chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
That was brilliant! I think Fred would have liked that. I just finished reading the book last night, and I was so upset by the deaths. (Snape's too, can you believe?) Anyway great job and I can't wait for more )
Lakshmibai chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
For a first foray into Potterverse, this is awesome. Fred and George (frankly, two of the best scene stealers ever written) are both captured here, along with the grief and humour of every good funeral. After all, it's meant to be about remembering the person who died, and you can't remember Fred Weasley without a smile. This was incredibly sad without being overly dramatic, just a brother mourning his twin.

I'm looking forward to more, am sure you'll do whoever you pick justice.
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5