Reviews for The difference being
LynLin chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow, I hate mpreg with a passion, but you pull it off pretty freakin' well. Great job. Angsty. Woo.

-Lyn
Kanami Yuuta chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
wow... that was a nice fic! I really loved it! its sad it was a one-shot but it might be for better (long stories for mpreg fic dont always work U)

and I really like how you write the kurahi relationship... *-* I'm so impressed... this fic was really nice! O
Khaldasha chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
This one should be continued as a full story. I cannot wait to read more of it.
Anna Jaganshi chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Well, I can see why Hiei thinks that way. Who would really want to put a child that they want through all of that? Not Hiei, obviously. And not Kurama. And so, OFFERS. _ Aww, I wanted to see how it went afterwards. D: But I can make do with this. :) Ciao!
Kaleidoscope Sky chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
_ cuteness!
morsmordre chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
To be perfectly honest, I'm generally not exactly comfortable with MPreg, but you made me love this. Completely. Sub-zero talent? I disagree. If you weren't listed as the author I probably wouldn't have even read it.

Telling you I think your characters are well portrayed is becoming redundant. Their reactions were plausible, even Hiei's explanation as to how he got pregnant was made made complete sense.

I didn't expect those issues you brought up, and I think you handled them really well.

(And yet you still managed to inject some humor into it. Imagining Kurama's jaw hanging open at Hiei's declaration is infinitely amusing.)

I like your writing style a lot. It managed to be detailed - you captured the setting and the emotions so vividly - without making it heavy reading at all.

So a review is supposed to be constructive criticism. But since I really, really can't find anything for which I could make suggestions for improvement, this review is going to be pretty much limited to the praise. Which is well-deserved.

*finally gets off soapbox*
lethalgrace chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Yup, I'm the same person who reviewed less than half an hour ago. Blame me for being so engrossed in my ramblings that I forgot to ask you something that I wanted to ask right from the start.

'But I could have run further, he thought. Could have run faster. He couldn’t have found me if I’d used all my skills, all my strength, couldn’t have found me unless I–

Unless I –

There, with that last sentence incomplete in his mind, he found his answer.'

Q: Was the answer, the complete sentence, "couldn't have found me unless I meant for him to/wanted him to, unconsciously."?

Hope you can spare the time to reply! I'm an ENFP, just wanted to see how "perceptive"... or not, I am. P

\Love\

Gabby
lethaL-Grace chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
(Sorry half of my review is taken from your fic...) But those 3 lines were what left the most impact on me, and I found myself reading them over and over again, to allow the sheer beauty & rhetorical wisdom of them to sink into me.

'... But that was our world, and this is not that world anymore. We aren’t the same as those before us. And I don’t fail those who are mine.’ - Kurama's conviction & assurance that history will not repeat itself; a quietly stirring & confident, yet possessive declaration of love and commitment on Kurama's part.

‘We’ll never know if we don’t try. And what would be worse, Hiei? To have something and lose it, or always wonder if you could have had it forever?’ - a ringing moment of (universal)truth, a dilemma that many of us have to face at some point in our lives. In the first case, we wouldn't regret even if we lose something, but in the latter, wouldn't it be a torture to eternally wonder about the 'what if'?

'because all his life he had craved simplicity, the sanity and security of black and white, and Kurama was anything but – was all bright colour and invisible convolutions and intricate weavings of illusions and truths' - this line is simply a touch of genius, no other words I can use to describe it! It definitely has a lyrical & poetic flow... The ambiguous, complex grey areas & swirling colours confusing that of the simple, absolute black & white - symbolizing Kurama entering Hiei's world, turning it upside-down & topsy-turvy, making everything seem uncertain, upsetting Hiei's order and such, yet bringing colour, meaning & emotions to the blank canvas of Hiei's life.

A wonderful exploration of the psychology and dynamics of Kurama and Hiei's relationship. The problem of the pregnancy acted as an unwitting catalyst to delve deeper into Hiei's past & thoughts on his origins of birth, as well as Kurama's reaction to his impending fatherhood & the extinguishing of that fragile possibility. Kurama was amazingly kept in character. Hiei, though, seemed a little more passive, emotional, as well as emotionally weaker and more easily resigned to fate than usual. But than again, this is *anything* but a USUAL situation, ain't it? Eh hehheh..

This is so on my Favorites list! X) You rock my socks! You float my boat! You geddit... And your nick seems familiar... I think you are on my Favourites list already, or I've read your other (YYH?) fics before. Enough with my convoluted, increasingly verbose ramblings! 4 words. Love ya. Keep writing!

May your flame of love for writing burn brightly forevermore,

Gabrielle Heng C.S.

P.S. Is there a sequel? Not that it's not beautiful on its own as it is. ]
Haiku Kitten chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Beautiful. I loved every minute of this.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Probably the most believeable and best written mpreg out there. Well written and well done. Very good charecterization and a very good read.
KyoHana chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
You have such a wonderful perspective on the Hiei/Kurama dynamic and it comes through especially in this one-shot. You know them SO well and your writing proves this time and again. I absolutely ADORED this particular little fic!
BlueUtopiah chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
You...only you could approach this topic and not only make it in character, but make it beautiful and execute it wonderfully as well. But then again this was less about the pregnancy and more about Hiei accepting himself.

Kurama telling Hiei he'd await his decision and then going outside to freeze? I love how he forces Hiei's hand and tries to act like he's completely innocent in doing so.

And that line: "because all his life he had craved simplicity, the sanity and security of black and white, and Kurama was anything but – was all bright colour and invisible convolutions and intricate weavings of illusions and truths" THAT LINE is exactly why I fangirl you. Nuff said.
Just 2 Dream of You chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Well they were in charactor which I love. I don't like yaoi or mpreg. Although I am thinking of writing a mpreg fic but it wont be a yaoi. Great job though!
ss-dragon-lady chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
*Goes down on knees and humbly bows at your feet.* That story was awesome as hell. It came out perfectly, better then what I could imagine! Some much anghst and just enough sweetness to take the hard edge off of it; just like a good spiked drink. You say you can't write male pregnancy and I disagree with you. You did a damn good job and I think you should do it more often! Thank you so much for the gift fic (I couldn't ask for a better one!) and for the shout out in your author notes. You are a fantastic writer and I hope to one day be as good as you. You are the first person to ever write a gift fic for me. I feel extremly privalaged right now. You made my year! _

PS. I hope you had great fun on your vacation in the mountains. And Thank You once again. You are the best! _
vetgirl1293 chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Oh that was good. I usually can't stand mpreg but you made it work for me. Absolutely fabulous.

-Emily