Reviews for Unseen Eyes
Twi-Hoster Girl chapter 14 . 11/14/2013
Alright, just thought I should leave a review for this story real quick because of how the ending surprised me. And no, I'm not gonna bash you, so rest easy :) I took a glance at the reviews before I did so, and I noticed either people said that you did a great job at making the ending realistic or they said "ohmagosh, i hates you, you so cruellllllll". I shall not do that!

To be honest, that last chapter was a bit surprising, uneven, and sad. And sad endings make me sad! But! My only real complaint isn't the fact that it ended it sadly; it was just the fact that it was ALL sad. It just felt a little unbalanced, you know? Like if it were going to end sadly, I feel if you would've added more happy things happening to him throughout the story, along with the bad things, it would've been better. It feels a bit suffocating, to have so many bad things happen to a character only to have him get the short end of the stick in the end. Like, the stalker got his way with Tai, AND he ruined his relationship? I feel, with everything else that had happened, only one of those two would've sufficed. Anyway, that was just a bit of constructive criticism. Now, more happy things!

I have to say, this was pretty daring and original! Having Tai being the damsel in distress instead of Yama is refreshing :) You're very good at building suspense, and you really established the threat of the stalker at the point where he sends Tai a message saying "he's home" and his mother scolds him for "leaving the door open". I swear, I got a bit of chills at that part! I was also really surprised that the stalker was the teacher! I really did not see that coming at all! While the last chapter felt a bit too cut off and uneven, I have to say I enjoyed this! Overall, nice story!
Neptune Scar chapter 14 . 9/9/2013
I read this all in one sitting - and I am thoroughly impressed. Well done! The only thing I'm wondering about - and forgive me if you'd already explained it - but what happened to Mr. "unseen eyes"? Did he die? Did he go to jail? I feel for Matt in this one, as he was only trying to protect the one he loves. As much as it hurts, I do love the ending; I think it's incredibly fitting. You did a great justice in the way that you processed Tai's emotions throughout the story. It was incredibly true-to-life.
Thanks so much for writing this!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
Are you finish, because you can't leave it there. It won't settled good with my mind. You have to give me something.
SCHWARZSCHILD chapter 14 . 8/3/2012
Well done, finem. Well done!
I wish I could give you a long, nice review but, really, there is nothing more I can say but AWESOME!
Immortal Fallen Angel chapter 14 . 7/9/2010
I must say that I loved this fic from the beginning *_* I was literally up till four last night reading it (I kept having to ask my friend, who was crashing on my couch for the night, if I should stay up or go to bed. Clearly I chose to stay and read until I was legit passing out)

And I love how realistic you made it :) Even someone such as Taichi would get freaked out by having a creeper stalker.

One thing I must say though, (and it may just be my sleepy mind seeing as how its 2 am currently. Hey its summer. Who goes to bed early?) The ending did seem a bit to rushed to me. Not a flame or complaint. Just an observation.

Clearly I still liked it despite my above comment :)

Thanks for the wonderful story! Sequel to it maybe? ;D

Angel
Supernova300 chapter 14 . 5/16/2010
Love the angsty ending, but I have a question.

Why the separation? I mean, I know Tai is not the same Tai at all, but it's only been 3 months and they were in love, so why?
yi-chan chapter 14 . 2/21/2010
My spidy senses are tingling and telling me you've been bashed for this ending. I'm going to say right now, you do not deserve a bashing! You have given this story a realistic ending, something other authors dislike doing, or want to do but lack the courage to do so. You don't get over rape with a snap of your fingers people! Be proud of yourself! This was a suspense story. :)
feelxinfinite chapter 14 . 2/20/2010
I'm going to go against the general consensus here and say, if you, as an author, had given the guy who's been stalked, beaten, and violated and the guy who beat a rapist's skull in with a fire extinguisher a happy ending three months after all said shit went down, this story would never have rung true in any way for me in the first place.

I'll admit I originally anticipated a more triumphant fight against the stalker, but once Tai found that note in his final, I knew there wasn't a going to be a straight here-to-there way to get from imminent threat to happy ending without it being overly cliche!rape!fic. I'm sure with your writing skills you could've found some way to pull it off, but what I really appreciate about this story, and have appreciated since I first found it, is that you took all of these characters, put them in a horrible real world situation, and made them act, react, and interact three-dimensionally. Given that exact circumstance, at that age, and at that year of school with all of the endings and new beginnings, I think your choice to end it that way was very appropriate.

The only thing I faltered on was how quick everything seemed to go after chapter eleven. The pacing didn't fit exactly, and I think the sad truth of "sometimes things just fall apart" could've hit a stronger note if there were a few more scenes instead of things just fading to black, but I might just be a finicky reader that way. I tend to prefer long, drawn-out stories to shorter ones, so that might have something to do with it. I know from your author's notes that writing this story started to get harder the closer you go to the end, and I know from experience that if you fall out of love with something you're writing (especially something you're clearly meant to be writing for fun) then the process becomes a lot more than it's worth. And if that was the case for this story, I'm wildly impressed that you came back and finished it. Which means you're an hero, I think, because really. How many great fics out there are discontinued indefinitely, and the authors never heard from again? You're not one of them! That makes me happy.

But I'm going completely off track. I really just wanted to review and say that overall I really loved this story. I'm glad you covered some controversial topics and didn't back down from any of their dark sides. Because stalking and rape aren't plot devices in real life, they're terrifying and life-altering. And if people don't like your ending, well tough.

Hope to read more fics of yours in the future. And I hope life is good. Thanks for writing :)
Anon chapter 14 . 1/30/2010
WHAT. THE HECK. xD HOW CRUEL OF YOU TO END IT THAT WAY FAKSJFAS

That aside, this story was really great! It was starting to fade away from me, but when I saw the update I jumped for joy; however, when I read the ending my jaw dropped 50 feet.

I think it was an appropriate ending, though. Despite my (and the other readers') desire for a happier ending, it seems more realistic this way.

I do hope a sequel comes our way, though. When I first read this story, I was ABSOLUTELY glued to the screen whilst reading. You're dynamite with the suspense!

Peace out.
Badger-Chan chapter 14 . 1/25/2010
All I can say is WOW!

I was truly entangled with this story. It made my laugh, cringe, gag and almost cry at the end! This is a true testament to you as an author.
Born a Dreamer unable to login chapter 14 . 1/24/2010
You have officially broken my heart, and I hate you.

Now, before you for some reason take that as a compliment -don't. Not only have I spent hours rereading everything from the very beginning, after waiting for I don't know how long since your last update. Not only did I completely fall in love with the story again; I had hope. Because there was always room for hope right up to the very end and I fucking HATE stories with cruel endings like this, it just destroys everything you've just enjoyed reading.

There. Hope you're proud of yourself.
Lori de Bartoni chapter 14 . 1/24/2010
I hate it when fanfics make me cry )':! aw! loved it and hated it and ugh-it i_i Tai! no sequel? ever? )':?
rika chapter 14 . 1/24/2010
NO U CANT ENDED LIKE THIS!
oh hey asdfklj chapter 14 . 1/20/2010
*whimper*

That was painful. How awful for Tai. You handled it well - enough detail to make clear how terrifying it was, but not so much that rape ends up glorified. Man, when Tai realized what was going on in the bathroom, my stomach just sank.

I like Tai was still Tai in the end - horribly altered, but still Tai. You make him just a faceless victim, or use him just to write a puddle of angst. That made it even sadder. And his feelings for Yamato, the flashes of annoyance mixed with longing mixed with the need to get away - they were complex and realistic.

I wish it could have ended happily - meaning I wish Tai's stalker had been caught. But obviously, life (and stories) don't always turn out that way. After everything that happened, I can't quite see Tai and Matt together anymore either. Maybe way down the road... I can kind of imagine them meeting on the street some day and just sharing a really /knowing/ glance, then feeling like they can really let go. It's sad, though - Tai had so much stolen from him. :(
tomathefox chapter 14 . 1/20/2010
I love it. The last ending you wrote was perfectly written. I am so glad I read this. Honestly, I don't think I could have written that-no, I KNOW I couldn't have written that better myself. That was a truely amazing ending. The pain that Tai and Matt both experienced was perfectly translated to myself, the reader, and I just...I am SO very, very glad that I read this. THANK YOU, for allowing me to read this. It's amazing. I know it probably sounds like I'm overreacting, but that was awesome. You did a great job.