Reviews for Because of the Brave
kayla mosin 613 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
The dedication is beautiful. I would just like to add, as someone who lives in a country perpetually on the brink of war (Israel), that the people who serve their country are the glue that hold it together. G-d bless them.
RonScorpiusLover chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
That was absolutely amazing-I realize that I am quite late in reviewing but I've just got around to the Oliver/Katie thing and I've just read through all of your stories (all 20 of them). They're all fantastic in their own way and I was just left speechless by your AN at the end.

I sincerely hope that all of your friends have suffered no damage (physical, emotional, mental) and I hope that you know that we are behind those who will support us with more than we can ever dream.

Cheers-keep on writing :)
YNA chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
This is sweet

I kind of had tears on the next part.

I really wish they would show in the movie...together :)
okok123 chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Excelent story. Very well written. I loved the dedication. Thanks for this.
Hikoru Aniki chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Beautifully tragic. I can't say it made me happy like I usually am after reading good writing, but it would have been a mockery to this story if I was. It was written beautifully and everyone remained in character. I loved it.
weasleygirl31 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I really like it. It was really tragic and sad, but also romantic and hopeful.
CapriceAnn Hedican-Kocur chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
The story was moving, especially the dedication.
Adrienne Wolf chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Dang it, I just started crying hysterically. Damn beautiful little piece.

I know the sentiment behind it. Of either graduating class on either side of me and my own, I know over 30 people gone to the military, over 50 going into some form of dangerous service. Some made my life hell, some I secretly harbored a crush on through the years, some are like brothers and sisters to me. All of them I support with everything I have. Even if I don't like war and the way our country is going, I'll support the ones who risk everything so I can have those opinions.

Seriously, I think this is my favorite.
englishrose07 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
As much as I liked the actual piece, it was the dedication that made me tear up. Great job for connecting the fan fiction world with your own reality.
ElvenPrincess69 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
That was a truly wonderful fic, even if it was sad and kinda depressing. I really loved you're dedication, it touched my heart. It just reminds me of why I signed up and glad that I did. I haven't been to I Iraq yet, but my brother has and I know I will at sometime along with my 2 youngest brothers. I have a friend there right now.
Forever.Is.Yours chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
The story is great, it captures the drama of the war. I'd like to thank you for including your statement at the end, because without the people who give their lives to keep us safe, we couldn't live the way we do.
SunnyDropped chapter 1 . 4/13/2008

That dedication at the bottom depresses me a bit.

God bless them all.
FredFanatic chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Very deep and moving...beautiful.
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
This deserves a gigantic hug.

That was excellent. :)

Especially the dedication.

I'm not a huge fan of my country, as a whole [governmentally], but I have a few friends who are serving in the military [at least two of which are in, or have been in, Iraq], and I support them nonetheless. It takes amazing courage to join the service, and I appreciate all who do. :)