Reviews for Skirting the Issue
Darla Scudder chapter 1 . 1/19
omg I wish that actually would have happened. loved it.
Allison'sGirlfriend chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
This was brilliant. Seriously. Your ability to convey the characters' voices is so spot on. I can hear them in my head and see them exactly as you write them. I loved the sexiness after the passion of the fight. And the ending was perfect. You even have a perfect title, which you know I never get. I can't wait to finish watching the series so I can read the rest of your stories. Just lovely!
RiskaSG chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Aw, wonderful one-shot! From the beginning (hard to tell where the lines from the show stopp and yours start. You hit the tone perfectly), over the middle (the scene in the office is so vivid and full of energy in every respect) to the end ("Lose something Mom?" - ROTFL). The story had everything, I like how you mix drama, humour and a good portion smuttiness. Great stuff to read, thanks for writing it!
Aurora chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I'm really enjoying your fics,this one; it was both sweet and I told you in the VT thread, I like your take on the Emily/Richards characters, especially Emily. Keep up the great work and thanks for writing it.
Miss GoodManners chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Hi! Just read it! This is really great! I've wondered so many times what would have happened if they had talked about their relationship that night and this fanfic gave me quite all the answers! It's a great mix of anger and pain,of passion and love,of humor and wit! I really liked the characterization :both Emily and Richard are very realistic and on-character! Emily's simply a Fury! She was really angry,but more than it she was pained and hurt and it came off completely. You can see all her anger while arguing,but mostly you can see how hurt she is,she's so hurt and so hopeless by now that she thinks their marriage is over and she's desperate about this. And then,after Richard's words she was relieved,better she felt loved again and overwhelmed for this. On the other hand,Richard was very resolute,sometimes I wish he'd been so determined in the show,too! And then he was sorry,angry at himself for what he's done to his wife and he was hurt,too. And then those words,the way you made him say them...he was simply fantastic,that was something Emily would have really loved to hear and something that I would have really wanted to hear and see,too!

And then all their passion was so powerful! Wow! However,the end really cracked me up! The skirt and Lorelai finding it!I'm really curious to know what she'd had answered! Oh,and Emily wearing his shirt is something I loved reading about! So cute and sweet! Really good job!

Ellie
lilienprinzessin chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Okay this definitely ended a few sentences too early. Why not giving us Emily's shocked reaction? Her trying to get out of it by making up something? Would've been hilarious.

Otherwise, nice one-shot. I really liked that they talked, something we saw less to none on the show. Emily saying this isn't a marriage anymore shows how close they were to divorce. And I love that she doesn't walk out on him but stays. And I say it again - you can write Lorelai and Rory. I'm still waiting for the amusement park story with all four of them - I know you can pull it off.
Valerie chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Great outworking how it had could be, I love when Richard take her across his shoulders, that picture would be priceless our Emily hanging there. :D I’m glad I’ve my imagination for it. You describes her full in character like her yelling about the doors and standing there in the study fury. And her speech was really well written. I also loved Richard’s honest apology and that he realize his fault and his little speech how much she meant to him and how much he had missed her was really sweet. And finally their first body contact, his fear she wouldn’t want it so he goes only slowly closer to her and then the kiss and she couldn’t resist him anymore this was so wonderful romantic *sigh * Your description was fantastic.

Arg why can’t I see it on screen, Emily searching for her skirt only in Richard’s shirt and he standing in the doorway and watching his wife, also when she opened the door and Lorelai is standing there with her skirt in the hand that facial expression would be really priceless . Thanks for writing it. Can’t wait to read more by you Valerie
EmilyRichard4ever chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
lol. that last part is hilarious. i laughed out loud. i can imagine the look on emily face. priceless. lol! i loved the story. write a new one soon please. keep up the good work.
caramelapples chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
This was wonderful! I would have loved to have something like that actually happen! I mean, it's not that the producers would actually do something like that... *hint hint* But the Lorelai finding the skirt part is something I would LOVE to see. ;o) Good job! Do write more!