Reviews for An Argetlam meets Aragon
Tall Star chapter 3 . 4/10/2008
Oh-boy. If he dies, I'll be angry. Please bring Eragon's dragon out next chapter! I like the length and it's a very well written story.

~TS
AWanderersHaven chapter 3 . 4/10/2008
What a way to end a chapter! Makes me yell and scream at the screen for more! I'm loving it! Please update as soon as is possible for you. :D
AC2 chapter 3 . 4/7/2008
You asked for my opinion, and here it is - this is a vast improvement on the story I told you off for writing last year. I am pleased that you have taken my advice with regards to letting one of the crossover elements dominate.

Here is more for you: keep an eye on your spelling and grammar - you need a nitpicking beta to spot them for you. Regrettably, I am busy at the moment, but you can ask for help on my forum or in The Furnace, a writer's help forum.

Narrative-wise, you're doing well enough, but there's no explanation of how it was that Eragon arrived there. Are you going to explain it later? Author's notes explaining stuff for Eragon noobs like me might be helpful, but that's up to you. Is the dragon going to arrive in Middle-earth any time soon?

The story is not quite to my taste, but as it is, I'd give it six out of ten, bearing in mind the effort you have made to make it this good, and the fact that I'm a nit-picking fuss pot. I'm listing you in the New and Improved thread in my forum for taking advice - let's see if you can raise your game enough to be listed in the Roll of Honour thread for The Great Crossover Writers. You are headed in the right direction, after all. :D
Ciunas chapter 3 . 4/7/2008
I must say you have managed to capture the world of both books and films perfectly. All the characters are true to themselves and your dialogue runs very smoothly along.

The story as a whole flows easily making it a joy to read compared to those that are really stilted and disjointed not to mention extremely unlikely. I have to compliment your use of language since I think it is excellent. Language is a good measure of how good a story is and a true reflection on the author.

So all in all this is a very promising story and with your writing I cannot wait to see where you go with it ;)

Update soon
Dreamsong chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Yeah! I'm so glad they finally met! I hope Boromir lives! Keep up the good work! Until the next chapter...

~Dreamsgong
Nova Bucker chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
OMG! Are ya really gonna kill off Boromir like in the books and the movies? Pelase don't! PLease update! ASAP! that would be really really REALLY nice ya know? PELASe update! Come on I wanna know what happens next!
amethyst sylph chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Great chapter. I'm glad that you didn't just have them all be friends immediately, as that would be completely unrealistic. Looking forwards to more, especially finding out who the other person/people are back at Eragon's camp. (Depending on if he counted Sapphira earlier.)
DragonFireOKN chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Very good crossover! I hope we see Saphira in the next chapter!
artsfan chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Okay, very well done so far. I like that the chapter was longer (thank you!) and that you've openly shown initial distrust among the LotR people, and Eragon. I like how it was almost between him and Aragorn for a moment.

I like how you referenced Eragon as a "strange elf", but I think you should put in a little passage with Legolas telling Gimli and Aragorn that he's not a TRUE elf. The healing scene was done well.

Eragon himself was well done, and I like that, due to his condition, he could only heal a little of Boromir. Now that I think about it, though, I think it would be best if Boromir died, but not because of Eragon. Maybe while Eragon was sleeping? I don't know.

Good chapter. Update soon, please.
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Yeah I used up the reviews for the chapters later, and I came up with questions after I submited it. So, I hope that Eragon's one of two companions are Arya and the other I don't mind, but it would be interesting if it were Orik.

This wasn't the original question, but I forgot, so I probably ask in the review for the fourth chapter.
fAteD lOvE chapter 2 . 3/25/2008
Why did Eragon leave Boromir there?

And let me get this straight, Eragon got his arm wounded, then he went to help Boromir, then when he came back he could not longer move his arm because of the pain?
fAteD lOvE chapter 3 . 3/25/2008
Wow, usually I don't read crossovers and OCs but there really was nothing canon or close to it worth my time, let me tell you, this fic is amazing! I love the language you are using, and lovely spelling and grammar. The way you protrayed Eragon's character was very good and the insights and description.

Well done, and keep up the good work.

P.s why doesn't Eragon extract energy from the living oragnisms around so that he can heal Boromir?
I Luv Pepper chapter 3 . 3/25/2008
WOW! this is very well written and I love the story line and plot so far! You have successfully put me on the edge of my seat so to speak and waiting for the next chapter will be agonizing...but I will try to be patient. I don't want to rush you then get a rushed chapter...or a short one. but all in all update as soon as possible please! this story is very good I love the descrpition.
scgirl-317 chapter 3 . 3/25/2008
I'm so glad you haven't given up on this! Hopefully Eragon will rest up quickly so he can heal Boromir. Please update soon!
Keever McD chapter 2 . 3/4/2008
Wow, that was pretty good. Continue, please?
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »