Reviews for Wolf and Man
bartlebead chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Ooh, good beginning!
Amberdreams chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Oh right - hence the title, I see. (I cheated of course, don;t know many Metallica songs!)

I was wondering how co-written pieces are done - if I was guessing and you split up authoring of the chapters I'd say Gaelic's were 1 & 3 with possibly the end bit of 4 (from "The radio snarled with static, faint strains of the Beatles sifting through the speakers. ...") but that would just be a real stab in the dark!

And don't you just wish that Sam would have said this to Dean, sometime, anytime..."To me… Dean Winchester is the difference between life and death."

I did have a couple of other things I'd tagged from Ch3 but I lost them when I changed screens (buggeration!)
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
"Dean heard too much when he was alone, heard things too loudly - things like his father's voice, his father's command, his father's pride. Things that were too heavy to carry by himself, but that he couldn't afford to share with Sam." Nice, very nice.

And here in one chapter are both the single and two fingered varieties of salutes - hurrah!
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 4 . 7/28/2009
I really liked this, particularly the claustrophic feel of it being mainly set in the house.

I kinda felt sorry for Will Randall, I mean, he just wanted his son back :)
Nocturniquette chapter 4 . 12/2/2008
Metallica's Of Wolf and Man? You had that song on every one of your chapters! I LOVE that song! And, it was a damn good choice! Great story!

jnh
RubyVega chapter 4 . 9/27/2008
Thank you two.

Story was like a horror movie I couldn't look away from. And that means its fantastic xDD
Sushi Chi chapter 4 . 7/15/2008
Ooh! That was awesome! I had to go to work between chapters three and four and that kinda sucked, but the story was awesome. I like how you have three different breeds of werewolves and the how the town seems to be overrun by them. Very interesitng. Plus, hurt Dean! Always good. Great story.
brainstorm chapter 4 . 7/4/2008
ok, loved the story but the ending is kind of creepy :). city full of lycanthropy is way too much for me.

ha.
bhoney chapter 4 . 5/17/2008
I just finished reading this story, and I have to say I really loved it. You guys did a great job, and it was really seamless, a good cohesive story, it didn't feel like it was written by two different people.

Loved the glimpse of the hunt in the past, with the werewolf. Nice to see Sam's realization that Dean never really got to be a kid, but that he did his best to make sure Sam did get that chance.

Will was really creepy, even before we found out the truth about him, with the way he totally hated Sam and seemed to zoom in on Dean. I had a very bad feeling when they were forced to go back to his house for help. I didn't for one minute believe that the blood on him was from some calf. I KNEW. And I wanted them to RUN. But of course, that just added to the suspense. ;)

Loved when Sam was talking about how he took Gordon's lighter because he was jealous Dean was talking to him, and not to Sam. LOVED the scene where Sam was trying to get Dean to move the dresser from in front of the basement door, and then when they were holing up in the bedroom upstairs. Very nicely done. Angsty, suspenseful, brotherly moments, all my faves. And you did a good job inserting humor in the fic too, and good banter (I especially liked the flashlight conversation and Sam grumbling as they walked through the woods, LOL).

Dean tortured by his promise to his dad is always so gut-wrenching. Loved what Sam said to him about being glad his dad saved him. Only wish Dean'd been conscious to hear it. LOVED the ending, with Sam's "Dean Winchester is the difference between life and death." And "You've always been there."

Any chance we might get a sequal to this? I'm so curious to know more about Myrna (why did she slash their tires, if it was her?), about Landis (if he is a werewolf, why did he help them, and let them know he was one, too?) and about the whole town. It's hard to imagine the boys could leave this one alone for long. Hard to imagine there aren't going to be more deaths cropping up around there, with so many werewolves. I hope you two will think about a sequal. Oh, and interesting addition to the traditional werewolf lore-a werewolf that can turn anytime he wants.
FiveForFighting09 chapter 4 . 5/8/2008
Song's Of wold and man by metallica. :) and great story. and Dean wanted to stop for coffee... LOL
lucym chapter 4 . 5/7/2008
Great fic!

Very suspenseful. I hate it when you have cliffhanger endings. I'm like desperately trying to click the next chapter button and end up clicking something else entirely and closing the browser, lol.

In all seriousness though, I really enjoyed this one. Great mix between the brothers and the hunt, and once again, the brother relationship is just beautiful. Love it. :)
Cathy1967 chapter 4 . 4/17/2008
Outstanding. Yet again. I love werewolves and I love how you wove the 'real' werewolves into this story. Excellent read. I just couln't stop and I've printed it to reread it. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Dean so stoic and Sam ever the little brother. Gawd, I love those boys and you bring'em across so vividly, it's like watching an episode. :)

Excellent! This has probably already been guessed at, but the last song and artist ... isn't that Metallica's Of Wolf And Man? Seemed appropriate. :D
KitsuneHi13 chapter 4 . 3/7/2008
Woot Woot! Another good fic. _

Sorry its been taking a long time to go through them. I've been working WAY too much lately... dropped my class... going to start a new school tho next term...

Dyed my hair roasted coffee. lol If ONLY I chose it because of the name. )

Man I love HURT!Dean fics... so awesome... and these joint projects of yours are coming out great! I'm sure its something new for you...

Well, now I'm off to read another of your fics... hopefully the one you're working on now... ;
lilgurlgreen chapter 4 . 12/19/2007
Awesome! I love the end; the whole town being werewolves. Great job!
pythagorus-the theorem chapter 4 . 10/27/2007
Last song was "Of Wolf and Man" off of Metallica's Black Album. Great story luv it and luv the inspiration, one of the best songs ever. Thanx. -Meri
203 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »