Reviews for Knights of Cydonia
seventeenthsymphony chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
Thanks for writing! It was very well-written, enjoyed it tremendously. Very in character as well.
Macbeth 7768 chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
This is for the whole story. That was great. The only real issue I have is that I feel you overused the "blood-knight" epithet. It started to get stale after about the 5th time, so try to vary your descriptions in that respect. Otherwise, good job!

- Macbeth 7768
Mouse of Turin chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
Technically speaking, there were a few grammatical mistakes (e.g. In part 1 "laying down, apparently..." should be "lying down, apparently..."), typos (also part 1 "a bit more of a scratch" should be "a bit more than a scratch"), as well as some awkwardly worded sentences, but all in all I really liked this fic.

Both Sain and Kent seemed to be in character (I love the dynamics between the two of them), although I expect that Kent would probably snap out of his funk - even if only temporarily - when it came to later emergencies, like that skirmish.

I liked the way you hinted towards Lyndis and Kent at the end. And the semi-characterization of the Sain and Kent's horses. Yay! Wil to the rescue.. ok... and Rath and Lowen, too.

My favourite line is "Very well then, a bit more than a scratch. A badge of valor then, a testimony to my brave and noble deeds as a Knight of Caelin!" That one made me laugh... it's so Sain.

Keep up the good work!
Kitten Kisses chapter 3 . 11/26/2007
My favorite parts have to be ...oh, the whole thing?

First, I liked that Kent wouldn't rest until he knew that Sain would make it. That was just like Kent. He's anything but selfish, ya gotta love that in a man!

My second favorite part is when he finds out Sain will recover, and he goes to his tent, but is too exhausted himself to take his own armor off. (I know I've felt like that before, myself.) Good to see that Lyndis is willing to help him. (And as an avid KentLyndis supporter, I found that to be particularly cute, not to mention totally in character for the both of them.)

This was a beautiful piece of writing. I only wish I could find more like it out there. Unfortunately, my review has to end, or I'll be late for work.

-Manna

PS. Keep up the wonderful work, if you are still writing. And if you stopped...well, I find that hard to believe!
Kitten Kisses chapter 2 . 11/26/2007
I love the quote used in this chapter. I don't think I've ever heard it before, either. But it seems to fit this little story very well.

[Kent would be able to escape, if he wanted to, while Sain would be vulnerable. But Sain knew that his partner was too loyal and duty-bound a knight to abandon a friend in a time of need, and understood that if the wyvern attacked, they would live or die together—there would be no abandonment now.]

I really, really loved that sentence, and I just wanted to point that out to you. I think it really fits Kent's character- that he would not abandon Sain, even if it meant his own death, but at the same time, it fits Sain's, because he truly understands what Kent meant by what he said.

You know, your descriptions are done quite well, because I can picture this happening... Especially the scene where Kent and Sain come across the open field, where they have to make a dash across it, and even then, are at risk to an attack. I could FEEL the anxiety from Kent. You've got talent.

I love how you write Sain. He's so ...Sain-like, but not to the point where he's ignorant or obnoxious. Not many people write Sain as I'd like to see him, but you seem to have accomplished it rather well. I can't believe that he didn't inform Kent that he had hit his limits as far as riding goes, and if I were Kent, I would have had a heart attack if I'd turned around and seen my friend lying on the ground like that, because they couldn't stay mounted any longer.

My only nitpick is that you use the same description for both Kent and Sain a lot- "emerald" knight, and "blood" knight.

[abut] You meant "About".

OH MAN. What a cliffhanger. I'm glad this 'fic is done, or I'd have probably fainted at seeing that. I'm picturing this in my mind...it would make a fantastic anime scene...or even a piece of art, if I had the skill to attempt to draw it. Whoa.

I'm beyond impressed with not only your writing skill, but also the fact that you can write a non-pairing 'fic so well.

Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Hello there! I am happy to see that there are other people out there who write Kent and Sain friendship 'fics. They can be so hard to find... and right away, I cold tell that this would be a good one. Even though Kent-saving-Sain has been done many times over, it's also the one more likely to happen (versus Sain saving Kent).

Your writing is impeccable, and I don't think I saw any mistakes, either. I definitely enjoyed reading this, and I'm curious to see how it'll turn out. Hopefully favorably towards our favorite green lance, eh?

Well, forgive my reviews for being lackluster... I only recently woke up (and it's 5am now), and I only have a half-hour until I have to leave for work. I'm confident I can finish reading at least the next chapter before I have to depart, not to mention leaving a review.

Zero Admin Eevee chapter 3 . 11/1/2007
Magnificent story, especially the balance between description and action which brings out the plot and complements both the 3rd-person limited POV you appear to be using and the storyline of FE7. Chapter 1 felt slightly draggy, but subsequent chapters were well done.

This is a personal opinion, but somehow the idea of Kent as a 'blood knight' doesn't exactly fit his in-game description as 'Crimson Shield' (if I remember correctly), as the image that 'blood' paints doesn't appear to reflect Kent's nature all that well...

Is this set in any particular ingame chapter, by the way?

All in all, a superb story. Keep writing :)
DarkBlaziken chapter 3 . 8/8/2007
Whee! such a good fic! i love this little conflict here and how it slowly turned so great.

quote:"Mat's eyes, as he had only proven yesterday night, were extraordinarily keen" lol. i guess thieves' eyes ARE keen. my eyes arent though...heh.

Lowen's the cook again:) as always. anyways, good fic!

~DarkBlaziken-FireAssassin aka Matthew
DarkBlaziken chapter 2 . 8/8/2007
REally wonderful description, i'd say. and i'm glad it's not shounenai anyways. i love this fic.
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
WOW! good description! yeah...no wonder my friends suggested for me to read this.
Salamence Lord chapter 3 . 8/8/2007
*Wipes tears* Dunno why, this kind of fics just make me want to cry. It's so touching! Thank god Sain's safe. Used to "not like" him, butchanged my views after reading your fic.

The word "gage" means "gauge" right? From where I study, they spell it as "gauge", but pronounce it as "gei-zh". So I'm a bit confused.
Aileen Savage chapter 3 . 8/6/2007
This. Was. Wonderful. You've captured Kent's thoughts and Sain's personality so well. I can't even describe it. It was absolutely amazing. It was so good that I could only find one and a half details that I thought should be fixed and they aren't all that important anyway.

1. There was a "loose" that should have been "lose" somewhere.

1 1/2. It's only half because I'm not entirely sure. Heath relieved Kent in night watch in the 3rd part, but I thought you mentioned him with Eliwood and Hector in Bern during the 1st part. Bit of continuity flux there.

I can't stop singing praises, seriously. Awesome work here. I mean it. :D
DreyaCira chapter 3 . 8/3/2007
I thought this fic was delightfully wonderful. It was interesting, scary, and funny all in one, which is kinda hard to do. There was nothing I didn't like, seriously! I love how you described all of the archers attacking the wyverns this chapter, everyone's personality seemed right on target. Improve the story? Nothing, it was great. Just write some more! You rock!
sagewolf chapter 3 . 8/1/2007
Your characterisation is really, really good, particuarly on Kent and Sain, which makes sense, I suppose, since they're the focus of the story. And I can quite imagine Serra 'erupting' from a tent. XD I enjoyed this story a lot; Kent's thoughts were set out well, and your detailing(sp? I/m so bad at it I hardly know how to spell it) I hold in awe, because I tend to skim things. Well done!
Kalisona chapter 3 . 7/31/2007
Whoo! The final chapter! .

I'm so excited! :D I think I really need to re-read this again...And play Lyn's quest all over again...Just because. :P

Ah, don't worry about the late at night stuff. I'm a bit...nocturnal, so I probably would have been up anyway. Heh...I'm just so odd. *shakes head* Anyway...

I really loved this. It was a perfect ending that I thought was very fitting. And you stuck the tactician in it too! :D Great work. The FE stuff is great; it really sets this fic apart. I love Kent and Sain, and I love them even more because of this fic. .

Yes, I completely agree. I love thinking about some of the events that happen, and how some of the other characters must have reacted, and stuff like that. It's so nice to find someone else who feels the same way. .

I'm sorry if this is a bit...scatterbrained...I'm a bit tired from soccer and am trying to multi-task. Which of course means that I'll have to re-read this all the way through, chapters 1-3, just because. .

Anyway, I should probably wrap this up, but I will say that I really, really, REALLY would love to see more Fire Emblem fics from you. Really. . So, please, do write more. ;)

~Kali