Reviews for Practically Brothers A Deathly Hallows Epilogue
Oya chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
I love the part where Lupin fell and looked around helplessly at Snape, I can really imagine the look on Severus' face.

I've been waiting for a good post-DH fic, glad you decided to write this.
kerricarri chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
I like it-it works. You play Snape well, and I think...Remus playing off of Snape's own pride to work against him was quite clever. He knows Snape best, after all. Gotta love that. What was a nice defining character moment, though, was Remus's sheer conviction as he spoke to why he was going back. A nice, pretty speech, and the dialogue overall was fab. Is this the last of this fic? I hope not! It would be nice to see people's reactions to Snape and Remus being alive, and all. Hey, a fanficcer can dream, can't she? After all, you didn't mark this fic 'Complete' yet...
Kyer chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
I whole heartedly agree!

Dumbledore, Lupin, and Snape have been my favorites (with a nod to Arthur) through the whole series. I'm rather disappointed to find Rowling offed so many characters. Yes, it was a war and of course some should die; but this was a fantasy for goodness sakes! Fantasy is supposed to bend the rules otherwise it's one might as well watch the evening news for escapist entertainment.

How manipulative you've made Remus here. One would think he was actually a Slytherin. Or maybe Albus in disguise.
Nila chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
this was so good

and i was so happy to find out that Snape was a good guy at the end

and i thank you for this fic cause i hated that these two died

God bless
Filodea chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
I just discovered this and Practically Brothers. I like what you did with both Remus and Severus. They are fully-fleshed out people, dealing with the crappy hands life dealt them. Snape is not out of character, but he's not as one-dimensional or evil as some try to make him. Remus is not as saintly as others try to portray him. I loved in Practically Brothers when he gets Severus to throw the frisbee.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
Lovely! DH was so unsatisfactory in so many ways. I felt that JKR killed Lupin off (offstage at that!) simply so Harry could be greeted by all the Marauders together! Ick! Glad to see the guys sticking together!
kerricarri chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
This is wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! What this fic really is is CLOSURE. Damnit-the canon epilogue didn't give us any of that! And this is also my first official DH fic! YAY. I do like the little bantering going on here...how you neatly fit your trilogy world into canon. Seamless! And, hey, because the official epilogue's riddled with loopholes and vagueness, your LupinSnape trilogy can fit completely in canon! Practically. Or at least...the semi werewolfism cure fic. It's also nice seeing some selfishness abound in Snape. Selfishness for Remus's sake! It was nice...and the whole "the HELL I want to be your son's godfather-!" dialogue...heh. Loves. It's really the closure that makes this so endearing to me...I'll be keeping track of the ending!
monitorscreen chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Mm, that's a nice alternative to the story. I look forward to more :-)
thinkinabstract chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
ooh this is way better than the DH epilogue! thanks for writing this fic; it's helped me cope with the tragic deaths of my two favorite HP characters, which had me sobbing for days. i love the idea that snape and lupin survived and will continue on to lead new lives elsewhere, together. i feel sad for lupin's son having to grow up without a father, but i do agree that the boy would have a much better chance at living normally without the "curse" lupin would bring onto his life. i'm glad you've decided to write another chapter. can't wait!
nibbled chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
I like the idea that Severus is alive. Surely he would of been eating bezoar's for this eventuality. However I, like Harry, would consider it cowardice for Remus to run out on the kid. Taking the easy way out to have a life with Severus.

I'm sad to hear that you think that your Potter Muse has abandoned you. I would like to see a continuation of your own 4 part story. Severus and Remus's own "Teddy" Lupin-Snape. How is the Lab working out? Where do their kids end up Slytherin or Gryfindor? I guess I want an "epilog" to your story. You gave hints of H/Hr as opposed to R/H. What happened?

Or how about a full story. What trials might await the children? Ok, so you need a big bad. Was the head Werewolf ever caught? Or if you want a Deathly Hallow's tie in how about the kids (Hermione's, Harry's, Severus and Remus's, etc.) reading more into the fairy tale. What if they are the one's to make the connection between the fairy take and the invisibility cloak?

I'll read anything you write. But I would be happier with a continuation of your own story (which I've reread to many times to count).
duj chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
I can't see Lupin staying for his son when he has a friend to run away with. He's always been one to avoid difficult situations.

As for Snape, what does he have worth staying for? The company of people who'll now be oh so apologetic for thinking/calling him a coward? At least he had the headmasters/mistress's portraits to talk to in that last year. Otherwise it was all just too, too bleak.
gowvan chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Love all your Snape and Lupin stories. You write the two of them so well.

This is very good, and works well with canon, but I still love their original trilogy - go AU (smile)
a fan chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
friends? I like it. although I find it strange that after all Snape's done, he's not brave enough to stay. I can certainly imagine this scene though. I love the way you wrote this.
nottheslayer chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Perfect, just perfect (even with the OOCness of the relationship)

I fully accept why they died (Snape especially) and why Rowling wrote it as she did. But I do like that there's a bit of leeway in the finality of Snape's death, and even though he couldn't reasonably return to his old life amongst Hogwarts and the British Wizarding community, he could lead a new life elsewhere.

I hope you consider writing a sequel to this.
chippendale chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
*exclaims in happiness* OH MY GOD! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I loves them both and they both musn't die! *composes self* yes, as you can tell, I was most devestated to hear that they suddenly both died and the ending didn't provide much closure for either of them. I love what you've written. Keep up the good work!
135 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9