Reviews for Encounter
realfanficts chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Very heart-breaking. I could almost feel his internal conflict myself. A very well-written piece!
elizabeth chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
ohh this is lovely... so beautiful and heartbreaking yet simple. i love it!
Rachel chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Thanks so much for writing this! It's an intense missing scene, and a sad one - what an awful last meeting. Lily's reaction was perfect - "I thought you were better than this" - and Snape's frantic self-justification and inability to change were powerfully conveyed. He made a lot of terrible choices at this stage in his life, but it's wonderful to know how the one right choice he made - to love someone worthy of being loved - eventually moved him to become a heroic and selfless person (and it is selfless to risk everything for someone who is utterly beyond your reach, and who will never be able to appreciate or reward your efforts). I saw the seeds of the person he would someday become in this story, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for writing!
duj chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
"I thought you were better than this."

No, she didn't. She'd already given up on him before the underpants scene; she just hadn't told him yet. ("Making excuses to my friends, not my *other* friends.)

And the irony is that he was better than her. Now that we know that they'd been *friends* since before Hogwarts, her amusement at seeing him humiliated seems much nastier. Contrast how she cut him off over one insult, leaving him really no choice but to become a Death Eater (because what else was there? The *good guys* who tried to kill him or the school authorities who were so unconcerned with the attempted murder that they didn't keep enough of an eye to stop the perpetrator from publicly humiliating the victim later?) while he dedicated his life and death in her memory.
honeyseas chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
I really enjoyed reading this. I think you captured Snape and Lily perfectly.