Reviews for Unequivocally Unusual
London Knight .
Know this Fic is dead(ish) but I THROUGHLY enjoyed it ! Would've been good to see Luna in the Chamber again : In 'Nightmares of Futures Past'. Her , Hermione , Ron & Neville help Harry take down the Basilisk - wonder what you had planned ?
Do hope this is eventually updated ;-) LK out .
London Knight .
I take it that your North American ? Impala Cars are almost unknown in the UK - I only know of the about them as I play US based vehicle games !

MUCH more likely to be a Mini , Ford Escort OE Vauxhall Astra in the early '90's .

Anyway an excellent story and you capture Luna's personality brilliantly . I always thought she should have been in the books from CoS .
I'm writing two stories with Princess Void-Dancer where Harry meets Luna earlier on - once before Hogwarts & the other where he's delayed in starting his schooling & begins in 1992 . Meets Luna , Ginny & Colin at Kings Cross .
Look forward to the rest . LK out .
London Knight .
Heh I like it & good start ;-)

Unreality Base here: The Luna has landed ...

She is my favorite HP character & I always thought she should of appeared in CoS .

Will read this all tonight , LK out .
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 4 . 9/29/2016
Very intense part with the Basilisk!

Hope you continue this!
ProdigyPsycho chapter 4 . 12/27/2015
Really love the random sarcastic thoughts you give Harry. Especially the one about the Imperius Curse. Puppies and Chocolate Frogs. Priceless.
Looking forward to the story.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 4 . 12/8/2015
Why did you make him a dumbass? Harry knew what the imperious was in forth year yet here he doesn't know because "DUR HER HER I'm a dumbass!" We get it.. Harry isn't godlike and I'm happy for it. However making him retarded isn't the way to go.
LoveLifeForever chapter 4 . 6/14/2015
I've always enjoyed Luna as a character, but I don't think you're seeing everything about her. Just about every 'strange creature' reference in canon had a logical interpretation. Even her conspiracies had a surprising amount of sense. You just had to read between the lines and fill in the cracks.

Example: The Rotana Conspiracy. Everyone always looks at it and thinks it's ramblings of a crazy girl. Let's examine the times and words involved. This was in fifth year, during Voldemort's second rise. Rot-fang - I think a better word would be Defanging. What has been happening for the past fifteen years, and accelerating in the past four? The Ministry was having the people who would oppose Voldemort gradually pushed out. They were having their metaphorical teeth pulled. It did in fact spread like a disease, almost like gum disease - treatable, but a general sign of negligence.

Heliopaths - A metaphor for a group that goes out and... removes anything the Ministry doesn't approve of - information, people, evidence.

Nargles - Usually Luna used this to refer to behavior she couldn't, or wouldn't, understand.

As for the rest? There are people who see sounds and hear colors. Why not a magical gift to see emotions or just mental happenings in general. Or even magic? Or better yet... what if they are real? They live in a world of magic! Who says it's impossible? Before he got there, dragons, unicorns and pixies didn't exist either! I know it seems cliche to say this, but who says they can't exist?
Guest chapter 3 . 6/9/2015
Did you die?
Evani chapter 4 . 4/3/2015
This is wonderful, thank you for writing it :) I'm really quite excited to see what you do with the rest of this. I absolutely adore Luna, an I think you write her very well :)
Ginkgo chapter 2 . 11/5/2014
No way does Harry use the phrase 'exempli gratis' in daily speech but not know the meaning of the word 'exquisite'. Great story, but that particular bit just stuck with me.
DPSS chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
Finally I found this! I've read this story once and have been searching for it ever since. Please, do not give up on this story.
ecchansama chapter 4 . 9/10/2013
Hey! Don't go dissing on Luna! She's amusing at worst and huggable at any other time.
MariSkep chapter 4 . 9/2/2013
"Much as I enjoy Luna, there is something very wrong about the girl."

I believe you meant to say something very right about the girl. See, she's fucking tops. No way around it.

"Hmm, Hagrid said follow the spiders? Okay, let's leave the castle and go out to the Forbidden Forest so we can learn more about the Heir of Slytherin."

He's a rookie hero! And his gather information checks are, tbh, laughable. Honestly the spiders probably gave him the most info out of anyone he could ask. Everyone else would have been all "I'm sorry, you need to know this why?"

Harry's gotta work on his people skills.
MariSkep chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
"But I sure as hell wouldn't be bothering with History of Magic or even Care of Magical Creatures if that were the case"

I'm the opposite lol

Care of Magical Creatures and History of Magic would be the two subjects I took most seriously after DADA. History might useful to explain the political situation and what led to Voldermort's rise as well as what to do if/when he is defeated. Care of Magical Creatures would cover just about anything Voldie would try to recruit to his side and how to handle them.
MariSkep chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Serpentsortia s the first spell Harry thought of?!

And I always thought he had such good instincts...