Reviews for Unequivocally Unusual
ProdigyPsycho chapter 4 . 12/27/2015
Really love the random sarcastic thoughts you give Harry. Especially the one about the Imperius Curse. Puppies and Chocolate Frogs. Priceless.
Looking forward to the story.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 4 . 12/8/2015
Why did you make him a dumbass? Harry knew what the imperious was in forth year yet here he doesn't know because "DUR HER HER I'm a dumbass!" We get it.. Harry isn't godlike and I'm happy for it. However making him retarded isn't the way to go.
LoveLifeForever chapter 4 . 6/14/2015
I've always enjoyed Luna as a character, but I don't think you're seeing everything about her. Just about every 'strange creature' reference in canon had a logical interpretation. Even her conspiracies had a surprising amount of sense. You just had to read between the lines and fill in the cracks.

Example: The Rotana Conspiracy. Everyone always looks at it and thinks it's ramblings of a crazy girl. Let's examine the times and words involved. This was in fifth year, during Voldemort's second rise. Rot-fang - I think a better word would be Defanging. What has been happening for the past fifteen years, and accelerating in the past four? The Ministry was having the people who would oppose Voldemort gradually pushed out. They were having their metaphorical teeth pulled. It did in fact spread like a disease, almost like gum disease - treatable, but a general sign of negligence.

Heliopaths - A metaphor for a group that goes out and... removes anything the Ministry doesn't approve of - information, people, evidence.

Nargles - Usually Luna used this to refer to behavior she couldn't, or wouldn't, understand.

As for the rest? There are people who see sounds and hear colors. Why not a magical gift to see emotions or just mental happenings in general. Or even magic? Or better yet... what if they are real? They live in a world of magic! Who says it's impossible? Before he got there, dragons, unicorns and pixies didn't exist either! I know it seems cliche to say this, but who says they can't exist?
Guest chapter 3 . 6/9/2015
Did you die?
Evani chapter 4 . 4/3/2015
This is wonderful, thank you for writing it :) I'm really quite excited to see what you do with the rest of this. I absolutely adore Luna, an I think you write her very well :)
Ginkgo chapter 2 . 11/5/2014
No way does Harry use the phrase 'exempli gratis' in daily speech but not know the meaning of the word 'exquisite'. Great story, but that particular bit just stuck with me.
DPSS chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
Finally I found this! I've read this story once and have been searching for it ever since. Please, do not give up on this story.
ecchansama chapter 4 . 9/10/2013
Hey! Don't go dissing on Luna! She's amusing at worst and huggable at any other time.
MariSkep chapter 4 . 9/2/2013
"Much as I enjoy Luna, there is something very wrong about the girl."

I believe you meant to say something very right about the girl. See, she's fucking tops. No way around it.

"Hmm, Hagrid said follow the spiders? Okay, let's leave the castle and go out to the Forbidden Forest so we can learn more about the Heir of Slytherin."

He's a rookie hero! And his gather information checks are, tbh, laughable. Honestly the spiders probably gave him the most info out of anyone he could ask. Everyone else would have been all "I'm sorry, you need to know this why?"

Harry's gotta work on his people skills.
MariSkep chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
"But I sure as hell wouldn't be bothering with History of Magic or even Care of Magical Creatures if that were the case"

I'm the opposite lol

Care of Magical Creatures and History of Magic would be the two subjects I took most seriously after DADA. History might useful to explain the political situation and what led to Voldermort's rise as well as what to do if/when he is defeated. Care of Magical Creatures would cover just about anything Voldie would try to recruit to his side and how to handle them.
MariSkep chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Serpentsortia s the first spell Harry thought of?!

And I always thought he had such good instincts...
Honest Lunar Raven chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
I will favorite, but I now want to punch your Harry in the face. Mostly because he's being a narrow-minded git.

That or he is making an ass of himself to either avoid labeling Luna as 'Friend' so if he DOES lose her too, he wont feel what he felt last time; or to drive her away so she is in less danger. People can be stupid like that I guess as if that will really make a difference, she has already wormed her way in there and she is already a target. Even if one of those is the case though, I still want to punch him in the nose.

I suppose I just have a soft spot for Luna as a character and have a tendency to want to destroy/punch in the nose those who are mean to her...

Also, Ron is going to be Pissed when he wakes up. HE is the connoisseur of foot at Hogwarts! He will not be pleased that someone else has usurped his title in his absense... There shall be a reckoning. Possibly involving more foot in mouth.
Honest Lunar Raven chapter 3 . 7/6/2013
Only one little bit that lit up to me as an error: You said Ravenclaw's colors were Blue and Black, they are Blue and Bronze. Hufflepuff is Yellow and Black, explaining all the bee comments in certain fics.

Other than that, I like this story and the developing... Maybe too early to call it a friendship... relationship? Companionship? Fellowship? Meh. Too much shipping.
flairina chapter 4 . 6/30/2013
Unexpected ending was completely unexpected. Nicely done!

This has been an interesting twist on CoS thus far; looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
BasilNotes chapter 4 . 6/16/2013
You should make Luna get top of her year in exams. XD