Reviews for Brothers
Alice chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
That was lovely... but so sad :(

Not gonna lie, I started to tear up.

-Alice

x
DammitimmaD chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
*sniff sniff* THAT *sob* WAS *cry* SO *wipes tears* SAD! Colin Creevey and Fred Weasley were the saddest deaths of the battle (for me) and I absolutely adored Dennis ever since he first premiered in the Goblet of Fire!

Loved this story!
dork-with-glasses chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
I really liked this story. The idea that Dennis and George would spend time with each other at a time like this was brilliant because it makes so much sense. I liked the bit about the photos and that Colin wasn't in them. I thought that maybe the bit with George could have been expanded on because I felt that there was a bit more to say with the two of them. There were also a couple of factual errors, such as George being 18 when he's actually 20 and the fact that you described him as "long and lanky" when he's described in the books as "short and stocky". But apart from that, it was really good. I actually also liked the bits with Oliver, now that I think of it. But yeah, great idea.
asdfhjsf chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
*sob*

That was TERRIFIC! Most people completely forget about Dennis after Colin died...this was brilliant. And with George in there as well..this story was perfect!

Added to my community..well done!

Nikki

X
GalitMirav chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Wow! That was awesome - in a tragic way, that is. Very well written. It was interesting to see these two together since I never thought about the similarities between them until I read your story. I love that Dennis gave George a photo of him and Fred - Great touch. Keep up the good work.
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
You know what? I really, really disliked Colin and Dennis. But you kindofsortofmaybe made me tear up here. This was so sad and poignant that you lent a new dimension to the Creevey brothers. Also, kind of random, but I really liked the way you introduced George; just the way you casually let us know that he had been there the whole time. I don't know why it strikes me as so well done, I just know that it is. And the detail about not having a picture of the two of them was great. Excellent job.
Zoe-eoZ chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
whoa, this is amazing. very well written, seriously. great POV, too. and that bit about there not being one picture catching those two brothers: a true killer. dang, the chocolate cake thing was a fantastic little detail also, you kinda put it in here like some throwaway nidbit-the way a frown passed over the face of Dennis' mom for a short moment... aw, I liked your fic! also, George. but even more so, Oliver. that you had him in here, and how you let Dennis describe his face, and all, I really really liked that.

thank ya! :)
broadwaypants chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
This story made me cry. It is beautifully written and the sentiment is completely heartfelt. It felt so realistic. This idea of Dennis and George bonding over Colin and Fred's deaths is such a great one. I never even thought of the parallel between them until reading this, I regret to say. Absolutely phenomenal story.

Effie :)
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Very nice. Was thinking about writing something like this myself, but you did it much better than I could. Great fic.
Hamilcar chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
A nicely done portrait of the post-DH difficulties of some of the more minor characters like the Creevies. :) Well done, bringing in George and creating a realistic story about their grief.
avalon-usagi chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Damn it, now I'm crying again. T_T

Really, really awesome fic. I think you captured the characters perfectly.
Silmelinwen chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
The most beautiful story I've read in a while. Fred, Colin... and Snape (though he's not relevant in this case) were the deaths that hit me the hardest. Nobody seems to understand why Colin's death upset me so much... it's because it shows how many people that weren't as famous, or known, or skilled, died in the battle.
Magenta Lives chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
This was absolutely wonderful. Favorited.
link55 chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
This was such a beautiful fic. Sad but beautiful nevertheless. I never thought about George and Dennis understood each other. I love how you write their characters and the connection they both shared. War is a terrible thing.
justawritier chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
amazing. so heartbreaking. wonderfully done.