Reviews for Friendly Fire Alternate Version
Foreverwolf chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
You know, it's really hard to say which version I like best. Yours has a wounded Dean and a caring, over protective Caleb, always my favorite scenario.

But Riley's has that moment where Caleb is forced to decide whether or not he can accept his place in Dean's line of priority.

So- I'll call it even. Well done! And I certainly think you did the original justice!
HAMUCHA chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
It's a very angsty story, all right.

But what's up with the "no morphine" stories in some fics? Hunters that supposedly risk their live everyday, hunting supernatural for a living, avoiding hospital, should've full stock of that stuff. If they're smart. Not to mention that they avoid hospital.

Anyway, good writing.
Ozlex chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I totally like this version better the Ridley's. As I was reading her's all I could think about was why is it Caleb who always gets hurt, it should have been Dean this story. Great story but maybe it could have followed Ridley's a little less acutely. Still loved it :) :)
dudeedaisy chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
well done! i think you did a really good job with this story, just as good as ridley's! i love protective caleb, always makes me wish that he actually was a proper part of the show!

well done again

all the best

dudeedaisy x
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
I absolutely adored this little one shot. Don't tell Ridley but I liked your version better than hers sh...

I loved that we got to hear Caleb's thoughts on Dean, his worries, his fears, his sense of failure. It was very powerful, very sad and sweet at the same time.

My favorite scene,

“Sam isn’t the only one with one hell of a big brother.” Bobby patted him on the shoulder.

Caleb was momentarily speechless. He wasn’t sure how true the statement was. He wasn’t sure he did such a good job in the big brother department. He’d never gotten the chance to find out with a younger sibling of his own but he knew that Dean was the closest thing he would ever have to a little brother which was precisely why he had given in to the kids request to protect Sam. Dean wasn’t the only one with a little brother to protect.

Caleb is like a brother to Dean and I love his overprotective nature when it comes to the Winchesters, especially Dean. That was a beautiful, fluffy scene and I just loved it!

As always you took Ridley's characters and wrote them as well as she does. Very impressive and I look forward to more...and more hurt Dean!

Cookies for you and your awesomeness!
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
That was awesome! I loved it great job!
River City1 chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Great job! I love the part about Caleb being Dean's big brother.
LArkless chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Hey Tara..its finally letting me review hehe..loved this version of the story, when I read Ridley's and she had mentioned you possibly doing an alternate version I was looking out for it hehe..I liked the fact that some parts were the same but others were different, you did a really good job and again I'll say you know how much I love some hurt Dean, so I automatically knew I'd like it lol..catch you soon! :)

Laura :)
pmsdevil01 chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I thought that was very well written. Great job!
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Tara - this was all sorts of tingly. You know I don't read the Brotherhood stories, so even though this Caleb is Ridley's Caleb, to me, he's yours and I enjoy when you weave him into the stories. I suspected (having not read the original version) that Sam may have been the one to shoot Dean, and I loved the conversation between Bobby and Caleb. I loved the Caleb had *felt* Dean get hit, too.

Your storytelling just keeps getting better! Thanks for alerting me to this story when let me down... :)

Sanderspleen chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
YES! I was SO excited to see something new from you and even MORE ecstatic to see that you took Ridley's challenge to do an alternate story and girl...YOU TOTALLY ROCKED IT! I SO loved this! I'm telling you, I think Ridley ruined us because I seriously can't imagine Supernatural without Caleb now. She created such an incredible dynamic with Caleb to Dean and Sam...and you honor her well with your writing skill and the way you keep all the boys true to their characters...Dean and Sam to Kripke's and Caleb to Ridley's. Awesome, awesome job!

I'm so nervous about what they're doing with season 3, but I'm trying to keep the faith with Kripke - he listened to us fans about Jo, but I hope that he truly keeps listening. I think we ought to introduce Caleb to Kripke. THAT would "spice" up the show, not that it needs it, but if Katie Cassidy thinks she's the one to help "spice", she's sadly mistaken. Okay...I can't get started on that tirade or I'll never stop.

Awesome job! So what's next from you? Anything anytime soon? Ha ha! Can't wait to see more. 0)
cavetrollgrl chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
very good version. Hurting Dean instead of anyone else made poor Sam freak out even more, what's a little angst between siblings? you use the Brotherhood charectors wonderfully. Please keep the stories coming
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Well done! Holds up just fine to the original. This is what Ridley was hoping for when she made the offer!

alwaysateen chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Wow! I love it! I had that idea too but you were quicker then me! Lol

Amazing job, as always!
ridley chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Wow! Tara that was so good. I'm so glad you answered that little challenge. It was better than I imagined. I loved how you kept parts from my story and weaved your own verse and style around it. It so gave a totally different perspective but rang true of the same themes of brotherhood and loyalty. See, I never imagined the ramifications for Caleb if John thought he did it. I like the way you pointed out that Caleb so does not want to disappoint John. I really liked your Sam, and I think you did an excellent job of showing he was remorseful and just being a typical teen with way too much responsibility put on his shoulders. I loved Bobby. His comment about the Dean being a funny looking elf and his conversation with Caleb at the end were both so good. Thanks for taking your time to do this. It is definitely a work to be proud of.