Reviews for For Bitter or for Worse
Diana42 chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Such a great story, from start to finish. :) I'm really going to miss this story, but it had a perfect ending that, yes, left me wishing for more, but also left me satisfied. I'm so glad that George worked out his issues and was able to move forward and live a real life instead of mourning the life he'd lost.
cinroc chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
I just finished the story and am busily wiping my tears away. Tears from both the happy ending and tears from the fact that it is indeed the end. I am going to miss this story very much. Thank you so much for inviting us all on this beautiful journey with you. I only wish it were longer.

I look forward to your next trip with the Weasleys. I do so hope that it is with Percy or Charlie.

Thank you again for writing and sharing this story.
MBP chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
I'll miss these updates more than I can say. So many things made me literally cry over this chapter. I loved the way George moved into acceptance with the help of his family, but his pain over being without Fred still hurts - even though this Fred definitely helps. He seems adorable. I think he'd make it easier for anyone to celebrate a birthday.

You've created a masterpiece here. I can't wait for whatever you choose to write next.
tambrathegreat chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
I love that Caper is one of Fred's godfathers. You did such a great job that I teared up when Geo. said Happy B-day to Fred. I loved this story, thanks.
alix33 chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
"George was at a loss. His mother had never acted like this. She'd briskly ordered her husband to fetch her labour bag, her boys to mind their Auntie Muriel, and lit a communication fire to contact the Wizarding Ambulance Service." - Yes, but Molly was practically pregnant for the whole of the first ten years of her marriage, whereas Alicia's never been before.

AW, in the midst of labour pains, and she's still so nice to Caper! It brought tears to my eyes, that bit did!

"The last thing he wanted to face one day was a Trelawney-like teenager shouting from her room that Seers were always persecuted." - And can you imagine how dramatic normal teenage drama would get with such a drama queen personality? LOL

"He'd prefer not to have a child with Sight who peered at his tea leaves and said, "Dear, dear, Daddy, this is not a happy cup." " - Though he'd bust a gut trying not to laugh out loud (and thus hurt his daughter's feelings) at hearing that, too. As for Alicia, she'd probably hide in the kitchen or the airing cupboard or the stairwell or the stockroom or the kitchen, stuffing a dishrag or similar in her mouth, trying not to laugh at same!

"He was beautiful. Trembling, crying, little fists clenched tight: her son was the most perfect thing she had ever seen." - AW, a mini Gred-and-Forge!

" "Percy ran to mum and we were sent to our rooms without dinner," George said. "Pity us instead." " - I do (pity the twins, that is, for what Percy did to them), 'cause my sis was a tattletale AND she could run faster than me.

"Fleur's eyes were snapping in irritation. "Mon chou is not a sibling, so ze mediwitch would not allow 'im to come wiz us." " - Heartless mediwitch!

"Only when Bill opened the door for Fleur did the faint sound of crying enter the room. Fred immediately stopped nursing. Alicia lowered the blanket to see his little mouth turn down. He gave a fretful cry. "Oh, he's sensitive, maybe he does have the Sight," Alicia said." - Merlin save the Weasleys from that! Slightly OT (off-topic) question: do you think prof. Trelawney's ancestor was as weird as she was?

" "Want to hold the baby?" he asked Ginny. Ginny rolled her eyes. "No, I want to admire him from afar." " - LOL (while rolling her eyes at that Percy Weasley).

" "The origin of Fred is Old German and means peaceful ruler" - LOL (as is the ghostly Gred, most probably! Nobody told ever HIM or his parents, who named him, about the peaceful part!)

" "What if we'd had a girl?" "Thank the stars we didn't. Frederique Thomasina is a name out of Holidays with Hags." "How do you know?" "Mum has a copy autographed by Lockhart." " - EW, and to think before Forge said that about the Lockhart book, I actually liked both those names!

You sentimental, melancholy reviewer once again got tears in her eyes over that bit in between Forge asking and Caper accepting to be little Fred's godfather.

" "He's been organising the shed, placing batteries on high shelves so the babies won't try to lick them. Merlin knows where he got the daft idea children would do such a thing." " - That's 'cause your husband isn't nearly as daft as he may look, Molly!

"I still can't believe Alicia took belly dancing lessons. Fred's voice was admiring. She was sweet to do that for me." - Welcome back, ghostly Gred! Where did you disappear off to? Somewhere nobody would see you faint at your nephew and namesake's birth?

" "No." She took a deep breath and said in a rush, "I think you talk to Fred the way I do with my dad when I know just what he'd say." Her smile was lopsided. "It doesn't happen for me very often, but when it does, I feel close to him, like he's still with me." " - She knew? All along?

" "That was good, but I wish there was a little more of it" and regretfully closes the book." - Yes, I do wish that.
Fibinaci chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
Wow, another triumphant chapter, the only things I didnt like was it's the last and includes Ginny plotting to slap the ball and chain on Harry. The birth was executed amazingly well. The naming had me teary eyed, but I didnt cry! I didnt! That's just allergies I swear! Then with George turning to his family to help him deal with Fred's stuff was so perfect.

Bravo.
Il'Diko chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
Dear Kerichi!

I wanted to leave you a decent review! Because you deserve one, after this masterwork of yours! But I'm afraid, I'm not that much of a writer, so just honor my endeavour… ;)

Firstly, thanks for making my Fridays so good, I always waited for this day to come, like a kid waits for xmas… so now I'm happy because George' life turned out well, but I'm really sad, because there nothing to anticipate every second week :(

FBoFW was great… sad (and sometimes heartwrenching), but also amusing, entertainig and so REAL! And all your research made it even more believable! And not to forget it was all harrypotterish, magical too! You brought the every day life of wizzards so close to us (I loved how they went partying to Knockturn Alley ;), the food delivery- or is it take out?-, etc…)

And I could probably go on and on about the characters, but I wont ramble…

The Weasleys were very in character… And I have to say it's very rare that someone can write Molly and Percy so good! They were just perfect, JK would be proud of you! :)

George… He didn't overact his "role"… the grief was so deep, so believable written, and yet he lived, he married, he had a child… you did this job brilliantly, unfortunately I can't write down my thoughts too well (darn the lack of my English knowledge.. )… I just wanted to say… I now what grief is, maybe not by first hand, but trough a friend, and everything I saw in real life, I read in your fic… so yeah, amazingly written!

Alicia… I swooned by the line : Alicia Weasley.. I just didn't expect it… she was all that George needed ti live his life, how Fred had said it! And her Slytherin parents, and maybe a Seer baby, gosh, was this good!

And Fleur… I never read a Fleur like this… it was so original, JK herself didn't make her so human, and in the books, I never liked her, but after your fics, I would block all the cellulitis hex' for her, if she were my friend! ;) PS: I will always have a soft spot for Louis :) *hint hint* :) "She's listing all the ways a fairy godmother is nothing compared to a French godmother." so simlpy, yet nicely put…

I cannot put my thoughts into words, and I'm so frustrated because of it… I could write down tons of stuffs…

Thanks for this adventure, because that it was, I laughed, I cried, I swooned, than laughed again…

I will surely read everything you write, and if you ever publish somethings, please let me know!

Have a good summer, relax, but don't forget us, publish every now and then! ;)

HungarianWitch
Legallyblonde79 chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
Oh that was wonderful! I am so sorry to see this story end, but it was really worth the read. I've been reading since you started and you have a real gift for capturing those sweet heartfelt family moments that the Weasley's seem to have in abundance. I'm at work so I had to control my tears, but you definitely managed to make my eyes well up on several occasions. Congrats on finishing "For Bitter or for Worse".
Kylani chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
Well, I certainly feel that way! There ought to be more of it! You ended it so nicely, but as I realized it was closing, my heart started to sink. There's no more new chapters to look forward to! :( But it was lovely. Lovely, lovely. I loved the Trelawney flashes, especially "dear, dear, Daddy, this is not a happy cup". Yay for Fred, Sr. and Jr.!
chibi angelle chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
awesome ending... not only did you finish this story, you gave it a good ending and very hard to come by skill nowadays..
Your Valensi chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
such a cute story.. and im really sad its over. :(

but you'll write more, right?

:D
Snuffles7 chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
wow. a brilliant end to such a great story. this is probably my favorite fanfic of all time! i'm going to miss it.
ice-connoisseur chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
"That was good, but I wish there was a little more of it"

Here here! Or is it hear hear? I've never bee sure of that one.

Fantastic end - them all toasting Fred made made my throat all lumpy. I can't believe it's been nearly a year since this story started, both in realy time and, bar the last bit, story time. How the days have flown.

Keep writting - I'll be here to keep reading, as always.

Emma
infinity chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
That was a wonderful end to a wonderful story. I especially liked the outlook into the future and that you didn't leave any lose ends (e.g. if George will come to terms with Fred's death or if Alicia's worries are justified...). Although there is still some potential for a sequel or some one-shots if inspiration strikes you. :-)

I think I will have to let everything sink in and read it again when it is published on checkmated and review again. It is all a bit overwhelming...

All ther is left to say:

"That was good, but I wish there was a little more of it" and regretfully closes the book- I couldn't agree more!
Tina101 chapter 40 . 6/23/2008
All done? *pouts* Really adorable ending though, loved the whole Egyptian vacation.

~Tina101