Reviews for For Bitter or for Worse
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Oh... I feel so bad for George. And the part with Percy... it reminded me of The Lrd of the Rings, when Denethor is greiving that his favourite sin Boromir is dead while Faramir lives, and when he sends Faramir on a deadly mission, Faramir says," You wish it was not this way. You wish that I had died and Boromir had lived.", and Denethor says, "Yes. I wish that.". That scene always makes me cry, because I feel so sorry for Faramir and hate Denethor. Now, however, you have me ondering how Denethor felt. I really feel for George. I the book, george was the one I pitited most when Fred died, knowing that losing his twin would never leave him the same, and was disappointed when no mention of him was made in the epilogue. Wonderful story!

BTW, I write a oneshot about young Dumbledore, it's called 'Socks'. I'd appreciate your take on it! Lakshmi likes it but I'm in two minds. It's already posted.
Forty-Sixteen chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
“Fleur’s pregnant.” - Aw...

“We’re all going back to complete seventh year,” said Harry. - Wonderful!

“Admit it. You wish I had died instead of Fred.” - “You’re damn right I do.” - Me too, George.

Thanks for this story. I think all of us fans of the Weasley family, and especially the twins, need a story like this.
alix33 chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
" “We don’t want any. Go away,” muttered George. Pain sliced through his heart the way a spell had once sliced off his ear. There was no “we” anymore." - Ow, yes, those 'we's' (both of them) hurt like anything, and I'm not even Gred, Forge or a normal or in-law Weasley!

"George reached blindly for the soap. He hadn’t gone to the market in ages, so he would have to use it to wash his hair. Vaguely, he remembered some girl telling him that soap and hard water made hair look dull." - I've run out of shower gel (I don't do bath soap, it leaves a ring around the bath tub, which is my de facto shower floor) and used bubble bath instead, but I've never, ever run out of shampoo in the seven years I have my own flat.

"I put it in a box next to the one you gave Fred, because I every time I look at it I want to drown in a bottle of Firewhisky, he thought, but you don’t want to know that, do you mum?" - That hurt! SO much!

"We’re all going back to complete seventh year,” said Harry." - I DID wonder about that when JKR said in her NBC Today interview that Harry was the head of an Auror office, Ron an Auror and Hermione something fairly high up in the Magical Law Enforcement department. She said nothing about Ginny, though, so I'm praying with the whole of my feminist being Ginny isn't a housewitch!

"Percy frowned, the git...Oh joy, the prat wanted to chat." - I feel Forge's pain! I SO wanted poncy Percy, instead of Gred, to 'croak' as a non-Potternik friend of mine put it in his text messages after I had finished my first reading (he wanted to know whether Harry 'croaked').

"“I’m at the Bat and Bludger most nights.”" - Which I guess is a wizarding sports bar or sports-themed pub?

"As if he had ever looked at her with anything except friendship." - Alicia should be thankful for small mercies! At least her crush looked at her! None of mine ever even did that!

"Earlier, he had definitely stared at her chest." - Have I ever told you how thankful I am that you can spell 'definitely' how it should be spelled, and that you don't mangle it so it becomes 'defiantly' as so many fic so-called authors do? I stop reading fics contaning that abomination the instant I notice it!

"she stopped by the bar for a glass of wine" - elf-made, like Snape, Bellatrix and Narcissa drink in HBP around the time they make the unbreakable vow? Or are there wizard winemakers in your Potterverse for this fic?

" "But liquor is quicker." " - OK, Forge quoting Ogden Nash (which I would have recognised anyway, without your A/N, which I always read first of any of your fic chapters): did he and Gred take Muggle Studies at Hogwarts and we muggles on the outside looking in (enviously) never twigged?

"I want to feel something." His fingers trailed across her face. "I'm tired of being alone."

"I want to feel something..."I'm tired of being alone." " - Those sentences, yet again, hurt! SO much!

"but for everyone who thought that it was cruel to kill Fred and not even mention George in the epilogue, I hope you'll find this story cathartic as well as entertaining!" - I found it sad and hurtful and yet I'll live vicariously through Alicia, who got to shag her crush! She is a lucky article in that respect! I'm now off to read 'Christmas Sweet' as I can't remember whether I've already read it or not.
Lieu Of Flowers chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
M, Georgefic. Update soon!
emmazinglyso chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Totally loved that! Hope you update soon!
Sandy chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
WOW...I can tell this is going to be fabulous already! I can't tell you how happy I am that you are writing a fic regarding how George is coping after the death of his brother. The epilogue quite astonishingly left any mention of him out completely which I don't understand at all. I love how you have Fred's voice in his head...it is SO like George to say "It’s just that death has sadly limited my wit and charm to an audience of one"! See that is what I love about your writing...you may tweak things up a bit for the story but you always keep the essence of each character and you develop them so incredibly well that sometimes I get confused as to who is in the books and who is a non-canon character!

Great job Kerichi! Please keep the chapters coming...I'm already hooked:-)
Nesha227 chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
That whole setup was good! I'm loving the story. I'm also glad that you're writing about George after Fred's death. I already know that this story will be good.
Io.sono.Emilia chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
OH... This is going to be good; I can't tell.

Haha. Bill's great.

*GASP* George! What a terrible thing to say!

Sigh... Good. Very good. Gosh, I feel bad now; I didn't even realize that George wasn't mentioned. Gosh, I feel terrible! Poor George. *sigh and sniffle*
Bright Green Eyes chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
I really enjoyed this! Your writing is very good! Update soon!
Sophia Loren chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Wow. I'm so glad you wrote something about George after Fred's death; I've wanted to read something about it, but didn't really want to go looking for fanfics. I'm lazy like that. xD I really liked the "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker" thing, as well as George's attitude in general, and Fred's voice in his head. I've actually been writing about Remus with Sirius' voice in his head all the time, so it's kind of fun to read from another writer. :)
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
George deserved so much more recognition than he got in the book. He's perfect here, I think, his bitterness and anger suit the circumstances.

Alicia is sweet, seeing her cousin off at the station. Obviously she's a great believer in the importance of family. And sympathetic as well. Just what George needs.

I suppose it'd be in poor taste for me to wonder if she whispered sweet nothings in his ear. Would an Extendable Ear would serve as a prosthetic in the way Mad-Eye Moody's magical eye worked?

I shall be interested to read more! :D
Albus Severus chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
First, I wanted to thank you for writing this story. I've read your work before and am always impressed by how well you write the characters. This is no exception- you wrote the Weasleys wonderfully. I hope you continue on with the plot and that this isn't just a one shot because I think it will be very cathartic. Also, thank you for keeping Fred "alive." It gladdened my heart!
Sunshine Spray chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
I always wanted to read a premarital pregnancy story with these two before because I think that this is one of the most plausible.

George in the last part makes me so sad, especially the, "I'm tired of being alone." bit.

Poor, poor naive Alicia. She wanted a date with the boy she knew at Hogwarts but she got a man she doesn't know anymore.
potteronpotluvhim chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
spolier:

dh was amazing but the epilogue left much to be desired thanks for filling in the gaps ...(still cant believe she killed r/t and fred!)
Carnivalgirl chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
I'm so glad you've read DH...oh, what shall we do? I'm so upset about the whole thing. The Fabulous Destiny of Luna Lovegood has been ripped to shreds (poor Colin), but canon's not stopping me! I'm writing already...

I don't want to sadden you with wails about Remus and Tonks, so I'll review; it was sad to see George so upset (though you wrote it really well), and I like the way you added Fred's 'voice' alongside George's own. The plot idea is already intruiging. It may sound odd, but I appreciated Bill and Percy too. It was, to use your phrase, bittersweet, for Bill to tell George Fleur was pregnant, and for Percy to apologise. Looking forward to reading more, CG.

PS. Just for the record, you were right about Severus.
2,162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 134 141 142 143 144 145 Next »