Reviews for PotC: The Last Rose of Summer
BlownIn chapter 7 . 1/4/2013
I just read both of the stories. I loved them! The relationship was more realistic than some others that I have tried to read. I have a fondness for Barbossa that most people don't really get...I completely agree that the characterization in the first movie is the best.
icy blue girl chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
Good lord almighty I truly enjoyed this story to no end! Thank you for writing it. You are a very talented author my friend.
LilyHellsing chapter 7 . 6/18/2011
First off, just wow. I'm...just wow. Lol.

I read both stories you wrote within a day or two. The chapters were just long enough, the characters (esp. the OCs) came to LIFE! Do you realize how bloody difficult that is? Its a huge accomplishment! :)

And, best yet, I could HEAR them talking! Well, not literally but it was so well written (esp. with the accents and whatnot) that it was easy to place voices to them. Absolutely fantastic.

The ending was not quite a Disney happy fairytale ending - which is good. It is realistic, so to speak. Hector and Evie do not get married and have kids and live in a beautiful house in the woods where Red Riding Hood could hide out at. They lived up to, from what I can tell, the usual standards of people in that time. Bloody amazing! :)
Genevieve Deadwood chapter 6 . 4/23/2010
Can I tell you that these two stories were just brillent i laughed and cried and just felt incredibly compeled to keep reading. It was a wonderful story and I loved the ending and I just think of a hundred things that could happen after that.
Tia de Loncre chapter 6 . 6/21/2009
Yay! Thank you so much! I loved this story thouroughly! It was like a wonderful blanket of...wonderfullness. :)

I didn't get any sleep last night because after I finished The Briar and The Rose, I was very sad and had to read this one! I'm so glad it all worked out w/o them getting OOC!

I am officially in awe of you, you fantastic writer.

Much affection,

Tia
LadyHatter chapter 6 . 10/17/2008
I absoultely adhore this series and every time I come on here, I usually check to see if you've updated.

Evie is just a gem to me and I believe that you portray Hector very well.

It's hard for me to express what I like about both of the Evie/Hector series. I just like them.

I hope you do decide to write a sequeal to 'The Last Rose of Summer' or even some one-shots about them.

I've read and re-read both stories many time.

You're a wonderful writer and you give life to characters.

I hope you contiune writing.
Syjack chapter 6 . 7/19/2008
You're a great writer, and although it saddens me to see their tale come to an end, it is a marvelous one. Thank you for sticking with it and seeing it through. It was a great joy to read.
Barbossa's Wench chapter 5 . 5/20/2008
Your story is pure love. Thank you so much for all of it!
Barbossa's Wench chapter 3 . 5/20/2008
Have I told you lately that I love you? This is so full of win, Holy Shit.

*is floored*

*sniffles*

I love it!
mamalily chapter 5 . 3/18/2008
What a great ending! Made me all chirpy and giggly..lol

Thanks so much for these great stories!

Barbossa is my favorite and u have definetly captured his chatacter well. Had alot of fun reading it! _!
the Scarlet Shade chapter 6 . 2/22/2008
Now I like this ending much better. What a relief! Once again, spot on job. The characters were authentic, the emotions strong and accurate. It warms me heart, it does. Terrific job!
the Scarlet Shade chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
*Rejoices* My hunches were correct! Oh my god! You have no idea how happy it made me to see the word "sequel" in your Stories list. Dear god, now I'll be up all night reading it! I'm just going to fav it now so as to save me the trouble. Expect another review once I've finished!
Bardess of Avon chapter 6 . 1/19/2008
*sobs* It's over! But you know, I have to say, this was an excellent ending. Barbossa and Evie don't swear their undying love and loyalty to one another and get married and pop out little sprogs as most fics would have it. Their relationship is one of the most believable I've ever seen. This is also my favorite PotC fanfic(s), and I wish there was more! Everything was described beautifully, and I shared in Evie's sorrows and triumphs.

In short, this was a beautiful piece of work, and I hope to hear more from you in the future!
KissKissTheDoctor chapter 6 . 1/4/2008
I really did like this story. I felt for the character, for Evie, I love her, i like that shes older, aged, and most of all, inlove with barbossa ;) 'Course i got a little teary near the end.. Lovely story, a hundred good jobs darling :)
Deathoverdignity chapter 6 . 8/6/2007
Aw! *clap, clap, clap* I would demand an ancore but I think you've fulfilled our expectations and more besides! I'm so glad you continued the story though, and concluded it! I wish I had your fortitude and your writing ability. I can make people piss themselves laughing, enough so that they can ignore my atrocious spelling and grammatical errors but I struggle with a mixture of the serious and the light hearted. And OH I wish I could form characters like you can! As I said in ym last review, I thought of Evie at the end of the film, and when I rewatched POTC, I caight myself looking out for a girl that looked like Evie! I've never liked a story so much that it almost became apart of the canon for me, but this is one of them! *hugs* Love you and your writing! Keep it up, you are SO talented! And is that you on your profile? Great picture!